Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » tooth implant
tooth implant 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Jac
Pictures: 0

Hi

Does anyone know of a dentist that does tooth implants and how much they charge. I have a UK pension and next year am moving over to Ayia Thekla so would like to know if it's worth waiting until I come over.

I've had a quote here in the U K of 1800 per tooth uuuurrrrgggghhhh

Jackie Shocked
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote
Annie

Hi Jackie

I have been doing some research myself and have found the following web site very good. www.dentalcyprus.com

Although I have not used them yet.....I have an appointment for September.

I have been in touch with them via e-mail on several occasions and they are always very prompt with their replies. They also give you an estimate of how much it will cost.

If you go to the web site their e-mail and free telephone number is listed.

They are based in Nicosia.

Hope this helps.,

Annie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: tooth implant 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
pantheman

Jackie Stephens wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know of a dentist that does tooth implants and how much they charge. I have a UK pension and next year am moving over to Ayia Thekla so would like to know if it's worth waiting until I come over.

I've had a quote here in the U K of 1800 per tooth uuuurrrrgggghhhh

Jackie Shocked

Tooth implants argh!

I have needed work recently and an implant was an option, but after hearing the process I quickly changed my mind. In Cyp you need to go to a surgeon, to get the implant fitted, they make you wait 3 months to see if your body accepts the foreign object and if so you then go to the dentist to have the cap/tooth made. In the event that the foreign object is rejected it will need to be removed.

needless to say I opted for a bridge instead.

1800 / tooth no way jose, it would be much much cheaper here, exact price i cannot say i suppose it depends on each persons case.

good luck, I hate dentists and dread having to go.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

Annie wrote:
Hi Jackie

I have been doing some research myself and have found the following web site very good. www.dentalcyprus.com

Although I have not used them yet.....I have an appointment for September.

I have been in touch with them via e-mail on several occasions and they are always very prompt with their replies. They also give you an estimate of how much it will cost.

If you go to the web site their e-mail and free telephone number is listed.

They are based in Nicosia.

Hope this helps.,

Annie

I am also considering a couple of implants, please keep us posted how you find them, the veneers look lovely...
tooth implants 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Jac

ANNIE, thanks for that excellent website. The clinic sounded really good, now that is strange for a dentist. Do you think they do just ordinary check ups as well as the implants, etc. If they do and they're as good as they sound I might go regularly as I'm such a nervous patient that when I find a dentist I can trust, I tend to stay with them. I've read the testimonies but some sound to good to be true. I'm returning to Cyprus in November and as you have an appointment in September could you let me know how everything went so I can confidently make an appoinment for November.

PAN, I've already got a bridge and that is the tooth that has become decayed. My dentist says it's only a matter of time before this breaks so I'll end up with a huge gap as it supports 2 adjoining teeth. As I need 3 implants altogether, it's a choice between finding a reasonable dentists or spending the rest of my life eating through a straw. LOL

Jackie

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:29 am Reply with quote
Annie

Jackie/Ristac

When I rang the clinic.......I spoke to he Doctor/Dentist personally so without seeing him in person....yet!...... he put me at complete ease and I am actually looking forward to the treatment starting.

I will keep you all informed.

Annie

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
G A Decorators

The dentist opposite the Lito clinic has quoted me 350 euro for one to be made up and fitted

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Jac

Hi Annie

Did you see the dentist last month in Nicosia and how did it go?

Jackie

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Annie

Hi

Yes...... saw the Dentist last month in Nicosia.....although, I am going to decline the treatment.... he wanted 12,000 euros for three implants and some other work. I was quoted 2,500 GBP here in the U.K.

My overall impression was.....you own a house here in Cyprus you must have plenty money.

Annie

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Jac

Hi Annie

That was a disappointment wasn't it. That's certainly a lot cheaper for you over here then.

I have been given a quote of 5400 for 3 implants at a dentist in Paralimni, although I haven't actually visited him yet. Maybe I should go in with holes in my shoes and then he won't think I'm wealthy. LOL

I've had 2 quotes from my dentist here in the UK and that was 1700 and then 3000 but as they don't actually do them I think they were just plucking a number out of thin air.

Jackie

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Annie

Hi Jackie

Yes! it was a disappointment......but no way am I paying 12,000 euros....the treatment here in the U.K. was not for implants.... it was for crowns and bridges and it looks like this is the line of treatment I may have to consider.

I was talking to a friend tonight that comes from Macedonia and she informs me that dental treatment over there is fairly cheap and very good........so watch this space!!!!!

Annie

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Eileen

Annie

My husband and I have had implants, and I have also had veneers, at the Nicosia Dental Polyclinic. It cost about half of the UK price we were quoted and we have been very pleased with the treatment and the customer care. You need to feel confident in your dentist, and we certainly felt that way about Dr Marios.

The reason for waiting 3 months between insertion of the titanium post and fitting the implant is that the post has to integrate with the bone, tho I think if you are younger it can be done at the same time.

12000 sounds a lot, though! We didn't pay anything like that, tho I guess it all depends on the treatment you have done. Of course the poor exchange rate doesn't help - we started treatment in September 07 when it was better!

There are other dentists at the practice and I believe thay do all kinds of dental work - certainly last week there were lots of kids going with their braces.

Email me direct if you want any more info - we're not on commission, honest!
Very Happy

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines