Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Paralimni General Hospital Goto page 1, 2  Next
Paralimni General Hospital 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
chuckie
Pictures: 0

Last Friday my husband cut his finger open on a nail.

From 'phoning a friend to drive us to hospital where he was seen immediately, having his wound cleaned and stitched (8 stitches) to back home was less than an hour.

He returned yesterday to have his bandage changed and will go again tomorrow for another change.

Exceptional service eh?

Carol
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
ioannis

nice to see that someone says a few good words about our hospital.
hope your husband gets well soon
Cheers
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Ioannis

I think you will find that I too made a very positive posting about Paralimni Hospital earlier this year as did other members.

The Treatment I received was first class and I cannot thank the staff enough for their help.

Chuckie - hope your husband's finger is on the mend .

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
taffs well

where is the hospital plz i have never seen it Confused

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

taffs well wrote:
where is the hospital plz i have never seen it Confused

Hi - Past the CYTA tower on 1st April Street heading towards Dherynia - you
will see a sign on the right hand side - take a right and follow the road
down.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am Reply with quote
ioannis

Balconia wrote:
Ioannis

I think you will find that I too made a very positive posting about Paralimni Hospital earlier this year as did other members.

The Treatment I received was first class and I cannot thank the staff enough for their help.

To be honest I havent seen it cause I was a bit bitter with some of the things I have been reading on the forum which have to do with the hospital .
As I said in the past anyone that has a problem or a question to feel free to contact me about it and it doesnt have to be on a thread.
We might not be top of the range -private like- hospital but all of us working here are willing to help in time of need.
Cheers

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote
chuckie

Morning all,

Just to add to my original message. Tony had, every 40 days, been paying 35 for a medication that he was unable to get from the hospital.

Last time he went for his prescriptions, it was pointed out they now have the one that suited him. The original one available from the hospital upset his tum.

So he's saved 35 and is able to buy more drinkies for me!!

He's going again soon to get his dressing changed.

His only complaint is that he can't do the washing up !!

Carol

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Ioannis,

You may of missed this thread about Paralimni Hospital as it was in the General section.

http://easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=12527

HTH

Julie

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

ioannis wrote:
Balconia wrote:
Ioannis

To be honest I havent seen it cause I was a bit bitter with some of the things I have been reading on the forum which have to do with the hospital .
As I said in the past anyone that has a problem or a question to feel free to contact me about it and it doesnt have to be on a thread.
We might not be top of the range -private like- hospital but all of us working here are willing to help in time of need.
Cheers

Hi, Sorry that you feel upset, by some comments. The nurses and doctors do a great job at Paralimni, it is a top hospital as far as I am concerned. Clap

Just wish you had some magic medicine to stop me feeling like this Ill when I have to com e back to the UK Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:33 am Reply with quote
cyprus

Hi

Just back from the doctor at the hospital - apart from the queue to get a ticket, then register to see the doctor, I have no complaints. Everyone was helpful and the doctor was a lovely lady who explained everything.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

I've normally said good things about the service at the hospital. The only concern I had was that they release people to early. he service my parents had originally in casualty was exceptional and while she was in hospital it was very good.

After care over here does need to be looked into but other than that I was very happy with the treatment my parents got.

I did discuss this with Ioannis at the time.

Thanks again to Ioannis for the help he gave me when my mum had the stroke as I didnt know what to do at the time and when I rang him he came straight over.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
chuckie

It's me again.

Sorry, I should've said earlier but thank you for your good wishes.

He has the stitches out on Monday, so back to washing up !!

Carol

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

chuckie wrote:
It's me again.

Sorry, I should've said earlier but thank you for your good wishes.

He has the stitches out on Monday, so back to washing up !!

Carol

That might not be wise - I've heard that washing-up liquid coming into contact with a wound like that can have some unpleasant effects for up to 3 months after the injury.

Probably much better to let him sit down with a glass of brandy to help his digestion. Wink

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

They were good to me when I had my stroke, the only two troubles, language barrier and food.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
chuckie

Hi Kwacka,

He's got his Marigolds all ready and waiting so i'm not having any excuses!!

Carol

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
CypriotandProudofit

Our hospitals are fantastic.I know we may lag behind a little in some fields with advancement in treatments,but things are improving fast.All are welcomed there and the doctors and nurses are excellent.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to put this, so hope I am not too off thread Embarassed

I am posting this for a friend who's nan has returned to Cyprus after 60 years, to live in a lovely nursing home here. She is Cypriot, has only worked in the UK, and paid her stamp there, and has an UK passport.

What we need to know is, is she entitled to any sort of medical care, ie state hospital or help with her vast amount of medication here? She has some sort of off-shore thing to do with a pension, amounts, etc I do not know.

If anyone can point us in the right direction it would be great, as we are really struggling at the mo, to find anyone who can give us correct information, as to what we should do, or what help she may be entitled to.

Thanks and sorry for going off thread

Sue

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
cinders-42

Hi

This ones for Ian I was wondering why you havent thanked Christine for all the free hard work and support she provided to your parents in there hour of need, just seems a bit strange you have never mentioned her in your posts.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

Cinders, I did thank her at the time. She was absolutely wonderful.

I did put a thank you to all that helped including the good people on here on radio Napa when I left there.

I didn't here it so I don't know how it sounded but Christine knows how much we appreciated the help.

In fact I went to see her husband Colin a couple of times when I was over there last week and thanked them again as Colin was very good as well.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Jacs

Cinders, I wonder if Christine appreciates you posting a comment like that without knowing all the facts.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines