Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Crystal View - Kapparis
Crystal View - Kapparis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Karrie
Pictures: 0

Hi,

Phil (Titch) & I have recently moved into an apartment in Crystal View Kapparis. We are very happy with Mammas the developers, and the apartment is all that we had hoped for.

Has anyone else from the forum got an apartment with us at Crystal View? We have already met 5 couples from our little community, some are looking to live permanently in Cyprus (as we will as soon as we get all our things in order over here), but the majority seem to be keeping their apartments as 2nd homes and will commute between the two.

Karen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad
Pictures: 2

Hi Karen,

Glad to hear that you are pleased with your purchase, because I have spoken to quite a few owners who are not so pleased.
We are in South East Complex right next door to you, we are very pleased with our apartment ( not so pleased with other things around us though), particularly Pop Life!!
When was the last time you were over? And when are you over again?
We are there March for 10 days.

Steve & Christine

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quote
TITCH

Hello Steve & Christine,

We are in Block E, you say that you are next door, what Block are you both in?

We were both over there at the end of Nov, getting our keys and furnishing our apartment. We are back there again 12th June for 3 weeks, counting the days.

Hope to meet you both in the near future.

Karen & Phil. Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:45 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

Hi,

We are in the same block as PopLife. We are on the ground floor in the corner apartment, furthest from the pool.
Like we said, we are over in March and then July and December, and hopefully one in between. Look forward to meeting up.

Steve & Christine

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
TITCH

Hi Steve & Christine,

Thanks for your quick reply, we now know were you both are and look forward to meeting you both.

We have a Spar shop on our corner over here, and you have PopLife! Laughing

best regards

Karen & Phil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Crystal View - Kapparis 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Karrie wrote:
Hi,

Phil (Titch) & I have recently moved into an apartment in Crystal View Kapparis. We are very happy with Mammas the developers, and the apartment is all that we had hoped for.

Has anyone else from the forum got an apartment with us at Crystal View? We have already met 5 couples from our little community, some are looking to live permanently in Cyprus (as we will as soon as we get all our things in order over here), but the majority seem to be keeping their apartments as 2nd homes and will commute between the two.

Karen

Hi Karrie
I thought your developement was Crystal View 1 Paralimni at least thats what we were told when we looked at buying on the plot the idea was that it would be ready before Crystal View 2 but what with all the problems with access and the permission it ran a bit late so ours was ready first but we are still Crystal View 2. Very Happy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Karrie

Hi Elizabeth,

To be honest I am not sure whether our apartment is part of Crystal View 1 or 2, it isn't actually worded on the contract as either! I suppose we should clarify this with Mammas, for when we have mail sent straight to the apartment, so that they don't get confused with the two.

Karen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Karrie

Crystal View 1 (your one) is part of the South East complex or so Steve and Christine have been told by Mamas.

When we were looking to buy they told us about Crystal View 1 but never mentioned the South East and Steve and Christine were in the opposite position they were told about South East but not Crystal View 1. Confused

We got the address from our neighbour but if you have registered for your electricity it should be on the bills.. I always put Crystal View 2 (Yiannis Mamas) street name and the area code and the mail gets to my neighbour Ok. Very Happy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Crystal View 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
SBS

Hi to those of you who live in Crystal View. I was one of the first people to buy off plan with Yiannis Mamas on this project in Block B. As you all know, it was a year late starting and unfortunately we were one of the unlucky ones, and were completely and totally dissatisfied with our apartment and the service and treatment we got from Yiannis Mamas. They never informed us, until it was too late and we saw for ourselves, how our apartment changed shape due to the lift having to be put in (which was not on the original plans but was necessary for theEU Regulations, and which to date are nowhere near being started). Our master bedroom ended up with only one window which was long and narrow and our living room ended up a totally different shape and our balcony changed shape and got smaller twice. Also, as you will all know, the blocks were supposed to be sited the other way around so that we had views of Famagusta, but with the problems with the access road, (which I hear is still on-going with the man in the big house and which is why Mamas hasn't finished off the ground level gardens/patios etc ) and the fact that Mamas got greedy so decided to build Block E, which was not on the original plans either, we couldn't wait to get rid of our apartment and luckily sold it a couple of weeks after it was finished. But had Mamas not made such a cock-up of it we wouldn't have sold it and would be living in it now. There was a light at the end of the tunnel because we wouldn't now be living in a lovely 3 bed villa in Frenaros had Mamas not given ush such bad service. I can honestly say we were totally disgusted with the service, or should I say lack of it, we received from Yiannis Mamas (which went on for over 2 years) and having dealt with other developers on other purchasers, I can honestly say I would never do business with them again, nor recommend them to anyone either.

A friend of mine still lives in Block B and I visit her regularly and am now really glad I'm not. If any of you want to sell your apartment before you get the title deeds, Yiannis Mamas will charge you CYP3,000 cancellation fee, which he did to us, and he refused to sign the Cancellation Agreement until we paid him this fee, so he has you over a barrel if you want to sell. Let's hope you don't have too many further problems with YM, but aren't you all curious as to why the lift hasn't been installed?

SBS

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

Hi SBS,

I think the fee you paid for the cancellation will appy with most developers if you don't have the title deeds. You would have to pay around 1500.00 to get your title deeds anyway.

Steve Croad

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments