Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Anna Court - Kapparis Goto page 1, 2  Next
Anna Court - Kapparis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

This thread is for owners on the Anna Court development Kapparis.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
twentyone21
Pictures: 2

hi all my name is mark,45 my wife is karen, 43 and my two daughters age 16/13 are rebecca and victoria, we are in block 4 ,anna court 2, im over in march and take delivery in may, regards
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9
Pictures: 0

hello.

We are in anna Court I. We took our apartment over in May 2005. We have had lots of problems with the electric supply and it's still on going.
We are over towards the end of April until mid June.

any queries please ask.

dave & Lyn

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
shazzychap

Hi Dave and Lyn,

We are buying in Anna Ct 2 also.
If you donít mind us asking, what have been the problems with the electricity? Are they sorted out or at least when will they be?
We take possession in May and are out again in July/August. We have friends staying with us in August; it would be terrible not to have electricity as everything in our apartment runs on it.
Did you withhold money as a result of their not being a sufficient supply?

Regards

Sharon and John
Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Hi Sharon & John.

We took our keys in Apri 05 and the electric was by generator up until Nov.
Fortunatly not many people were there in April which allowed the generator to just about cope. It did however break down a few times and we had to look for Tommy ( a name you should remember, he's the forman and very helpful). We are now on proper electric but the builder only had 3 meters installed by the electris board, to supply 6 aparts in our block. This meant that we were, without knowing, paying for our neibours electric. When we confronted the builders they paniced and hurridly disconected the neibour from us. At this time there is still only 3 meters.
We have turned every appliance off and taken a meter reading, when we are back there at the end of April we hope the reading is still the same I DOUBT IT. If not. We will drop them in it with the electric board.
What they are doing is illegal.
Yes we did hold money back on the advice of our advocate. When the electric is sorted we will pay the money to them.

Good luck
Dave & Lyn ( from snowy London ).

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
boedel3

Hi Folks

You should find that the Electricty, has now been connected
to Blocks 1,2 and 3.
CYTA is also now connected
However the latest project is not yet connected.

Dave, I'm sure we met in the Ozone, last year,
when you popped in to see Wolves playing on TV.

Regards
Del

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Yes Del That was me, We don't have much to cheer with wolves at the moment do we.
Anna Court 1 does have electric as I previously said. But our block of 6 apartments, have 3 meters only. Perhaps in the last month the final 3 have been installed I don't know. I will soon, we are over in April.
Thanks for the interest

Dave.

IT IS SAID: IT'S BETTER TO BE A GOOD CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE, THAN A c**p PREMIERSHIP SIDE.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
pauld

We also have an apartment in Anna Court 1.

I am over hear at the moment & I can see there is still only 3 meters each for blocks 1 & 2. Did not check block 3.

There is also no electricity to the communal areas of blocks 1&2 I assume this has been disconnected as the bill has not been paid.

The pool is also looking the worse for wear & will probably take some time to clean up.

I spoke to Maria who says she has given an owner list to somebody who was over a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully we can sort the communual areas out soon.

Paul

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Hi Paul.

We are in block 3.

Would it be possible for you to check our block, if you do would you tell me which meters are flashing. hopfully ours is not.

Dave

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
shazzychap

Dave

Thanks for the information. They sound a little incompetent with regards to the electricity supply, a bit worrying really. We hope that your place is sorted out for you when you return. It also sounds like they donít give stuff about the communal areas; we understood that the developers had an amount of responsibility for the development until every apartment was sold.

John and Sharon

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Hi John & Sharon.

The developer does care, but only when you go to their office and complain. Their attitude probably is:- If we don't complain then we must be happy.

But in all fairness they do respond when challenged.

Dave

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
shazzychap

Thanks Dave,

That has made us feel a bit better, we had visions of getting there in the summer after taking possession in May and the place going to ruin.
Sharon and John Smile

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 am Reply with quote
pauld

Dave

Here is the meter details for Block 3

Flats 1 & 6 have no Meters.

There is a constant red light on flat 5.

Paul

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote
pauld

Looks like there is going to be a new development next to Anna Court 1.

It will go in the strip of land between Anna Court 1 & the road, the sign went up yesterday.

Just hoping there will be some kind of alley way between the 2 developments, otherwise it will add at least 5 minutes to a walk to the beach.

Paul

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Thanks Paul.

It's bad news for us. We are apartment 5. We had turned everything elctrical off. So it look like one of the apartments with no meter is hooked up to ours.

If it is at all posible would you take a meter reading and let me know what it's at, because before we turned everything off we took a reading.

We are back soon, so instead of complaing to Maria, we will go straight to the electric board.

Thanks for your help so far.

Dave

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
pauld

Sorry Dave I am no longer in Cyprus so can not tell you the reading.

However I am not 100% sure the red light constantly lit means electricity is being used. I looked at our meter while we were there, we had things on & the red light was fashing on & off, not on constantly.

Paul

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
DBWSE9

Thanks for that Paul.

We will just have to wait and see.

Dave

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
twentyone21
Pictures: 2

im over in cyprus for 4 days 24th march til 28th, does anyone need any help with anything let me know, regards mark

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
wakeypeople

Hi there, Razz

We are Stewart and Wendy from Wakefield and we have bought in Anna Court 2. Ours is ready [ says Maria] and we are going over at Easter. Blimey- I hope the electricity is working! Looking forward to meeting everyone. We are in block 6 apt 6 overlooking Sharon and Steve and the pool. Very Happy
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

[/b]

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Sharon and Steve.
Welcome to the board, when i first went into the Coop Bank in Paralimni the manger said to me "we have lots of people from Yorkshire buying in this area, i think he was right , nearly every person from the UK we know in Cyprus comes from Yorkshire. Laughing Laughing

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments