Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Karma Developers - new Sporades development in Kapparis 5*
Karma Developers - new Sporades development in Kapparis 5* 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
ppithiya
Pictures: 0

none

Last edited by ppithiya on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi,

Welcome on-board!

Both developers are well established in the area - originally Karma
was called Karoullis & Markoulis (sp?). After quite a few years together
the partners split and Demari was formed.

I purchased from them about 4½years ago and have so far been very
pleased with the place - no snagging and delivered ahead of schedule.
I was also quite happy with the after sales service I received since
the purchase. I know some that have not had the same experience but on
the whole I personally think they are one (and now two) of the better developers in the area.

I think we have some members who have purchased on Kyklades so you
may be able to read up on their experiences.

As with all property purchases please ensure that you employ the services
of an Independent Advocate - preferably one from a different area.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

We bought a Villa with Karma in 2004(before the partnership split) Our 2004 Contract had to be re-registered in 2006 because of the split.

But as Steve says we were finished 3 months ahead of schedule! Only one snag which was corrected, and they came around and did the settlement cracks and painted them. So on the whole very pleased.
The staff we dealt with at that time are mostly now at Demari, but the new staff at Karma seem good to deal with.

Here is the BUT...... if you do buy and no reason you should,nt with these guys, make sure that you pick your own lawyer preferably out of the area you buy in! and when you get your Contract to sign get your lawyer to put a clause in it stating a capping of any cancellation fees you will have to pay if you decide to sell before you get your Title Deeds, which will be approx 4-5years from purchase. Allow a cap of 500 -1000 depending on what you are buying.

If you don,t you could end up paying a much larger amount, if you had to sell, just so you can cancel your original contract.

Having said this we still say it was a fabulous Villa we had, its now sold at a very fair profit too, enabling us to move on and inland. Suggest you go to Karma themselves to strike a deal or Demari and haggle haggle haggle, if they won,t reduce try for extras you will get if you ask.

Lyn

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
ppithiya

None

Last edited by ppithiya on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Re: Karma Developers - new Sporades development in Kapparis 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quote
Gashead
Pictures: 1

ppithiya wrote:
Hi All

I am looking at buying a 2 bed 2nd floor flat from Karma Developers. This is meant to be a 5* development with all the facilities (tennis courts, spa resort, mini football pitch etc)

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Does anyone know about this development? Can you tell me more about it?

It seems to be very similar to the Kyklades development by Demari developers. However Kyklades seems to be better value for money.

Sporades is charging 117,000 CYP for a 62sqm (covered area) 2 bed apartment. This seems expensive for the size but do all the extra facilities make up for this?

Thanks

Depends if you play football or tennis or enjoy spas.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
ppithiya

I found out the solitors that SoldOnCyprus have recommended are called: Pittadjis law firm. They are based in Paralimni. Has anyone heard of them? Is Paralimni considered to be outside of Kapparis?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

ppithiya wrote:
I found out the solitors that SoldOnCyprus have recommended are called: Pittadjis law firm. They are based in Paralimni. Has anyone heard of them? Is Paralimni considered to be outside of Kapparis?

Hi - Kapparis is in the Paralimni district so IMHO too close - I would
find an advocate in say Larnaca, Limmasol, Paphos etc. You could have
a word with Louise who answers questions in the legal section - there
is a link to her site there also.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote
Conor

ppithiya wrote:

Hi ppithiya,
It’s important to get independent legal representation. I would not go with a lawyer recommended by the agent or the developer.

Why not get a fresh pair of eyes to look at the development. It costs the same.

As has been said, Kapparis and Paralimni are too close.

You can click on my website below to follow my YouTube videos which feature Pittadjis of Paralimni.

I wish you all the best.
Good luck.
Conor.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

caution 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
weeksy9

Hi, I agree wholeheartedly with Connor. Get yourself true independent advice for out of town. The law firms in Protaras and Paralimni all have connections with the developers or agents...no matter what they say they shouldnt convince you. Smile

Your lawyer should be thorough drawing up whats known in the U.K as a due dilligence report on the company and the property. No many do that but our lawyers Kallis & Kallis in Nicosia did it and it paid off. In any case you could get your lawyers to draw up a statement that they have no ties or connection with the agent or the developer. Its such a shame when you hear of some disaster stories on the forum which may could have been avoided..in some cases that is.

Have a look at the advocates section on the forum, there are some recommended lawyers. Ask for the opinion of others who have used them. Youll find that Stelios Stylianou of Kallis & Kallis comes highly recommended, for various reasons. His e-mail is
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

I also agree with Steve, Karma do have a good rep.

Hope the above has been uselful

Andy W

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

Hi ppithiya

i bought my apartment 2 years ago using sold on cyprus.

f you have any questions feel free

[Click link below]

regards

paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quote
ppithiya

Hi Conner

I saw a bit of your blog, hope it all works out. How did you find out about your development. Was this through your own research or did you go through a agent or recommendation?

P

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
greeny

Hi Ppithyiya Yes i think a 62 sq mtr 2 bedroom apartment for cy£117.00 is alot of money and ref to it has lot on site im sure your service charge cost cover that with out the property being more cause of it Confused Jane

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
bcrossuk

I used Pittadjis and found them ok, the process was slow and from time-to-time they were hard to get a response. But ultimatlly successful.
Karma Developers - new Sporades development in Kapparis 5* 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments