Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Santa Barbara - Kapparis Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Santa Barbara - Kapparis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

This thread is for owners on the Santa Barbara development Kapparis.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

latest pics 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quote
gordon mcmorran
Pictures: 0

the latest ,it,s looking good
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Traveller 1669

Hi Gordon,
Things are surely moving along well.We have booked to go over on the 31st May for 2weeks so i will take some pics then.Which block are you buying in i cant remember if you told me.We are in Block B. Speak soon.Rosetta

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
gordon mcmorran

hello rosetta,we are in block A ground floor,in the bottom picture you can just see the edge of our patio to the right of picture.
we will just miss you we are out on the 21st of may for a week,catch you next time.
gordon & helen
Discrepancy with original plans 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
bex
Pictures: 1

Hello

When we visited GMP in February they gave us a copy of the plans for our complex as a friend was interested in buying one of the available apartments.

We have now looked at them more carefully and note that the measurements of our apartment differ from the plans we signed and that were attached to our contract.

In total it appears we have lost 30cm off the width (but gained 10cm on the length) of the interior. But our main concern is the fact we have also lost 30cm from the width of the veranda and 30cm from the length!

Conincidentally GMP emailed us today to request the next payment so I have queried this with them. Hopefully they will respond as they are keen to get their money!

I have checked our contract and the only part relating to the plans etc states - 'The construction of the said flat shall be in accordance with the building licence, the attached architechtural drawings (appendix A) and the techinical terms (appendix C) which for the purposes of identification has been signed by both parties'

I have posted a message for Nigel, but thought I'd flag it with the other owners.

Regards
Becky Sad

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Traveller 1669

Hi Bex,
Hope you got sorted with Metaxas re the measurements.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
bex

Hi Rosetta

GMP came back to advise that the plans we signed as part of our contract in Sept 05 were not the approved plans for the building permit.

We have therefore lost some space and GMP cannot amend the size of the apartment as we would not get our title deeds because they would have deviated from the approved plans.

Becky

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

bex wrote:
Hi Rosetta

GMP came back to advise that the plans we signed as part of our contract in Sept 05 were not the approved plans for the building permit.

We have therefore lost some space and GMP cannot amend the size of the apartment as we would not get our title deeds because they would have deviated from the approved plans.

Becky

Hi Becky
Same happened to us have you asked for some compensation ours was just a little bit of patio missing but it all adds up. Very Happy

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
bex

Hi Elizavet

We have gone back to our solicitor and asked him to speak to the developer regarding compensation. I know the odd 30cm here and there sounds petty but our apartment is quite small anyway and it makes all the difference!

Did you get any compensation?

Becky

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

GMP must have signed the same set of plans, fully knowing that they were not approved, so they are in breach of contract.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

bex wrote:
Hi Elizavet

We have gone back to our solicitor and asked him to speak to the developer regarding compensation. I know the odd 30cm here and there sounds petty but our apartment is quite small anyway and it makes all the difference!

Did you get any compensation?

Becky

I agree and its devasting, so try and get some compo, in our case the actual "lost area" was moved inside making the inside slightly larger, it was the estate agent who pointed it out to us, he laughed when i told him a very good friend negotiated and got us a bit compo, Laughing Laughing

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quote
bex

Hi Bob

Our solicitor confirmed they are in breach of contract and advised we are within our rights to withdraw and get our money back.

We don't really want to do this as we wouldn't get a similar apartment for the same money now!

Becky

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

We got offered another apartment in one of the other developements or our money back but we wanted to stay where we were, so took the bit of compensation.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
gordon mcmorran

hello bex,
not been on for a little while,a bit of a shock when reading about sizes of appartments.we are interested to see if ours will be the same.we signed contract in april 05, so older plans,so who knows how much of a difference.
do you still have the plans that are showing difference in size from the ones attached to contract,and do they show full developement,the plans i have were dated 10/2004 which can be found in the box bottom right hand side.
could you please scan and e-mail me our appartment on the new plans,ours is block A ground floor app. 2.
thanks bex,we all need to stick together on this one.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
vwcampervanman

think you all may be interested in the details below

'G&M have made a few changes which the bank is working on, firstly they have changed the company name which may or may not make your contract invalid, if it does as far as I know it is just a case of sending over a new one for signing.

Second G&M tell me that they have paid the outstanding mortgage that they owed on the land and now would prefer to give a share of the property as the guarantee of title rather than a paid for bank guarantee.

Your lender would prefer the paid for bank guarantee as legally it is safer for you and for them, they are at present in contact with G&M to see if they will still accept this method as they cannot be forced into it'.

Cheers

Rob

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Traveller 1669

Hi Rob,
Dont want to sound thick but what will this mean for the buyers of the Apartments.Can the builders go ahead and change the name of there business just like that.You are lucky to get any info from builders we have yet to hear anything from them.Hope you and Claire are both well.We have booked to go over in first two weeks in June and Claire&Mark will be there with us the first week.Will you both get over in the near future. Regards Rosetta

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
vwcampervanman

Hi

No dont worry about it - i am bit unsure what it all means aswell - will be speakingto lawyer tmrw - i am sure it all is nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry eh.

Hope you all have a good time over there - me and claire will be over when it is ready and me maybe for a week before hand to sort stuff out - my dad is over in 2 weeks time so will be speaking with gm - i will report anything of interest when he is back

cheers

rob

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote
vwcampervanman

few new piccies from my dads last visit - sorry had to scan them in as he deleted from memory card after printing

one of the guys mentioned august as delivery date - so we think maybe september now is a realistic date - they really seem to be motoring on

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
Traveller 1669

Hi Rob&Claire,
Just viewed your pics of Santa Barbara sure are moving on a lot.Did your Dad get speaking to the brothers.It would be great if it was September fingers crossed.Speak again soon.Rosetta

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
vwcampervanman

Hi

He met with Bambos who is now a partner with G&M - however he does not sport a wet perm and shell suit look the brothers have got down to a fine art.

He put loads of time in sorting things out for us - choosing the white goods for kitchen etc etc - my dad and partner were a bit dissapointed how small the apt looked but i think that is just due to the stagethe build is at - think when they have internal walls plastered etc things will look bigger - having said that ours is not massive by any stretch of the imagination - the biggest part is the balcony which is what we really bought it for in teh first place.

The other issus is still ongoing - my independednt finacial advisor met with G&M and the bank last week - he says that the brothers had not realised the issue they were causing by changing the deeds thing - hopefully it will all be resolved shortly but until it is we have'nt been able to make our required stage payment.

Cheers

Rob
Santa Barbara - Kapparis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments