Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » F.A.Q. » renew passport Goto page 1, 2  Next
renew passport 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
glovermum
Pictures: 0

has anyone renewed there passport here ,where do we go and what is the procedure
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi,

I believe this is where you go but not sure of the procedure:

U.K. British High Commission
Alexandrou Palli, P.O. Box 1978, 1587 Lefkosia
Tel: (02) 473131/7, Telefax: (02) 367198, Telex: UKREPNIC CY
Office hours: Mon., Wed., Thus., Fri.: 08:00-14:00
Tuesday: 08:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:30
(Visiting hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00-12:00)

HTH

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

I beleive the travel agents in Dherynia can send the passports off to be renewed. Also there is a place in Larnaca but not sure where it is,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

Yes for about 10 fee, Michael in Archangel (?) travel immediatley before the traffic lights(right side) in Deryneia heading towards Paralimni,will do this.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
skotia

Hi there

I renewed my passport last year with no hassle at all. I collected the form from the High Commission, filled it in and took it back to them. They posted out my passport by registered mail within three weeks.

Hope this helps
Susan

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
glovermum

Hi everyone
thanks for your help will go to dherynia next week
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Renew Passport 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote
roods

Passports can be renewed in person at the British High Commission in Nicosia.
The necessary application form and notes can be downloaded from the High Commission website:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote

There is a passport renewal office in Larnaca, just at the side of the Parking Place in the town. I think they also do driving licences

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote

There is a passport office at the side of the Parking Place in Larnaca
Christine

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote
paulmatt

My wife recently renewed her passport through the agent in Dherynia
It was 40 euro for him to do it but it was returned within 2 weeks and no hassle

Regards

Paul

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
sharpie

i have lived in the east coast for many years too many
but i still love it here,
PASSPORTS and other legal things to do with british high commission/
and also log book changes names things like this
i have been doing all these things through Micheal in derinya for many yaers and you pay a little and he save you all the driving around and waiting so a very good service tell ya friends and also does hoildays all over the world, HAPPY CUSTOMER ME Very Happy
Re: HI 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote
Smiter

paulmatt wrote:
My wife recently renewed her passport through the agent in Dherynia
It was 40 euro for him to do it but it was returned within 2 weeks and no hassle

Regards

Paul

40 euro? It's 72 in the UK

Or do you mean 40 Euro over and above the 72?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

Elizavet wrote:
I beleive the travel agents in Dherynia can send the passports off to be renewed. Also there is a place in Larnaca but not sure where it is,

I had mine done there, they take them to Nicosia, you have to pay a little bit more, but it is worth it. Arch Angelos I think it is called, just passed the traffic lights

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Rules have now changed - you now have to apply to the British Embassy in Madrid.

See
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Arch Angelos in Dherynia will do all the work for you & send it off.

The UK/Spain site above now has a form which you can fill out online and then print out (it highlights the sections you need to fill out according to what answers you give), send via courier with all required documents (including old passpotrs).

We were unclear about whether a photo needed counter-signing, so took the precaution of getting one done in the bank anyway.

We sent ours off the week before Xmas and got old passports back before New Year, new ones just after.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Passports 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
TAFF1
Pictures: 5

I have just returned from the UK.I went to Newport and got a new passport on the same day for 128.20.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Or even cheaper try using the postal service by giving a local address whilst you are in UK.Download the form and get it sent to where ever you will be staying.We allowed 2 weeks but actually got them back inside a week. They tell you they use a courier but in fact ours were handed over to our son without any ID!The localpassport office did say they charge extra for personal collection but even at peak season can make appointments.

Interestingly the British High Commission still said to use the Madrid service as expats which is outrageously expensive .There is no need as even the forms say you can use a local address whilst temporarliy in UK

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

I just looked at renewal, and it says send to Dublin. Shocked

If you can't be good, be careful

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quote
geoffreys
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

hatzyian wrote:
I just looked at renewal, and it says send to Dublin. Shocked

That is a new one!
Geoff
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Passport renewal 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Adrian1959

I have just renewed my wife's passport using the online service through the UK Gov website.
Completed the online form, paid online, printed out the form and posted to UK along with old passport and copy of residency certificate. The photos didn't need certifying and the new passport arrived back today by courier having been sent off on 10th January.
All in all an excellent easy process
Happy to answer any queries
renew passport 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » F.A.Q.