Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Christo Maphisto - Magician
Christo Maphisto - Magician 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

Had a wonderful evening in the Village Tavern Pyla. It was Theos Birthday and they had laid on a lot of entertainment. That Swing Thing, Janet Jaye (who is fabulous, a must see), Zak and the new Christo the Maphisto, a magician (member of the magic circle) and a great buffet. All the acts were great and dancing and general frolics were had by all (plate smashing etc). However, the magician, what a let down................we waited for ages only to be told by the compare that he wouldnt come on while people were standing waiting for food Shocked (this was an all night buffet!)...........next thing we hear, is the magician is being a bit of a primadonna, and refuses to come on Razz No offense but this is the Village Tavern not the bloody Ritz LMAO Hence no magician.

So future bookings beware LOL You might advertise a magician but he may 'disappear' Razz Razz

Piff Paff Poof!!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Christo
Pictures: 0

Kathyoke,
I have only just seen this post, and feel that I should respond in my defense, as you have got ALL the facts wrong.

Firstly, I am not "Christo Mephisto" I am just plain "Christo". Smile

Secondly, I was NOT booked for Theos Birthday, but was making an appearance, free of charge, as a Birthday present to Theo, who I like to think of as a friend.

Thirdly, I was introduced by Gary, (one half of "That Swing Thing"), and then he immediately announced the Buffet open. To get to the Buffet, people had to queue right across the stage area, so I notified Gary that I would go on as soon as people got their food. He then went on to announce that I was a premadonna and got abusive (off Microphone)......I thought this was unfair, so I didn't go on.

If you think about it Kathyoke, the way the stage was set, and the ammount of people standing on it, if Ihad come on, who would have seen anything? Rolling Eyes

Magic is not like Singing, whereas you can eat and listen to music/songs, you don't have to see anything, where as with Magic, its all visual, you have to be able to see me, and with approximately 200 people all up and queing for food, that would have been impossible......thus my request to come on later.

To sum up, I can assure you I am not a primadonna, I am a very friendly ammicable chap......until rattled!!! In fact, if your coming to the forums Birthday bash, you will see me in person, then you can judge for yourself.

Chris a.k.a. "Christo"

P.S.
The Magic words are not Piff! Paff! Poof!! but "Christo Presto!"

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 am Reply with quote
sydney

Hi Christo,

Do you still do performances? I have an upcoming party and would be interested.

Kind regards,

Sid

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Christo

Hi Sydney,
sorry to disappoint but stopped years ago. The reasons being many, plus posts like the one above by Kathyoke didn't help. Good luck.
Chris

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
sydney

That's a shame - thank you for the reply. Would you know anyone to suggest? Honestly, we were really after someone that could do tarot card readings for entertainment - I had read on one of the forums that this is something that you had done in the past.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
romatarot

sydney wrote:
That's a shame - thank you for the reply. Would you know anyone to suggest? Honestly, we were really after someone that could do tarot card readings for entertainment - I had read on one of the forums that this is something that you had done in the past.

Against the law here. So I've been told.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
sydney

How strange - many thanks for letting me know
Christo Maphisto - Magician 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area