Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » A & E - Paralimni Hospital Goto page 1, 2  Next
A & E - Paralimni Hospital 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi all,

Had occasion to visit the A & E department in the Paralimni hospital
today - BTW I think that's what it is called - just in Dherynia (or is it called the Famagusta hospital??).

Anyway I would just like to say what good treatment we received, very
efficient and helpful!

Basically Carol (Balconia) set off walking on an evening stroll yesterday
evening and was walking on an unfinished road when she fell awkwardly.
This morning still in a lot of pain and with her foot swollen I drove her up
to the A & E department.

Within just over an hour she had been seen in casualty, had it x-rayed,
been back to casualty before finally having it temporarily set by the
orthopaedic surgeon.

Unfortunately she has broken a bone in her foot and as she was due to
fly back today he couldn't put a full pot on - though she will have to have
that done when she gets home.

A bit of a bad ending to your hols but the service at the hospital couldn't
have been better - so a big thanks to them!

With assistance she managed to catch her flight and hope that by the time
she reads this she will be feeling a bit better!

Take it easy Carol and hope that the pot doesn't have to be on for too
many weeks!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

So sorry to hear of your accident Carol, hope your recovery is speedy and you're not in too much pain.

Ruth

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

Sorry to hear Carol had an accident, I met her for the first time on Saturday, lovely lady.

I can't fault the casualty department at Famagusta hospital, they are great.

Get past there and thats where the problems start but casualty are first class.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Hattie
Pictures: 9

Hope you are better soon Carol.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Carol sorry to hear about your accident, its awful when you hurt yourself on holiday. Crying or Very sad

I was very impressed with the treatment I received when I had an injury .

You have my sympathy I had a broken bone in my foot which was not picked up by A&E here in UK , it was so painful I felt sick.

I hope you managed to get home without to much pain.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
chuckie
Pictures: 0

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope it's not too painful.

Glad Steve looked after you OK.

Carol
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Aww Carol, trust you...bless! And you weren't even legless lol! Hope the foot heals (heels) fast. You see, another damned good reason of why not to walk and exercise he! he!

Thankfully, I'm sure your little darlings will do all the housework, cooking and cleaning for you without a single moan, bless....yeah right, who are we kidding?

(Cannot believe you missed the opportunity to use this as an excuse to stay in Cyprus lol! Wink )

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
quiz bizz

carol was it you i saw trip on the way down toward Kennedy Avenue about 9.30 last night. If so that road is badly lit and very uneven, hope you get well soon.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

quiz bizz wrote:
carol was it you i saw trip on the way down toward Kennedy Avenue about 9.30 last night. If so that road is badly lit and very uneven, hope you get well soon.

Hi - I believe it was on the road from her place on Tuesday evening but
the road is another uneven and poorly lit one.

Carol wanted me to pass on her thanks to all for your comments and emails and
also to Chris and the staff at Karas who tried to help her get up the stairs.

She went to the hospital today but because her foot has swelled up they
could not do anything yet and she will have to go back tommorow.
They have said that she may need an operation on it as it's not a clean break but they will
know better in a day or two. Unfortunately as it was her good leg she
is having trouble getting about so will probably be offline for a few days.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

So sorry to hear about Carol, she is lovely. Get better soon Carol, I agree Steve, they are good.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quote
marionmitchell

All the best Carol hope things mend quickly see you in July
Marion

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes - I was feeling a bit sorry for myself and clicked on these messages and my e mails and it has really cheered me up.

Been back to the hospital again today and have put a much smaller pot on my foot which is a lot easier to manage - the other one went to my knee and was sooooo heavy- I may still need an operation as the bone is displaced but i will remain in plaster for 4 weks before a decision is made.

Like Steve has written previously I was so pleased with the care I received at the Famagusta Hospital - And i was treated much quicker than my two subsequent visits since my return home. I am very grateful to the staff at the Famagusta Hospital and my surgeon in the U.k was most pleased with their work.

Also I must again mention Chris Karas, His receptionist ( sorry I forgot your name) and two of the cleaners at the Karas complex for the kindness and concern they showed me in my predicament- Chris even offered to help carry me up the stairs as he saw me trying to go up them on my bottom - and i aint a small lady Laughing Laughing Laughing

The flight home was a bit of a traumatic experience to say the least - but the monarch cabin crew were fantastic and most attentive.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Carol.

Go on, tell us, did you have a little drinkie or two? Promise, we wont tell anyone!!! Laughing

I broke my ankle about 4 years ago and I fail to understand why, Confused , but there wasn't a single soul who would believe me when I said I only had a couple and it was the ice on the ground!!!

Cheers,
Jinty

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Lol Jinty-No No No I had not had a drink- I wish I had because apparently if I had of been a bit tipsy I would have fallen in a much more relaxed manner and not like the bag of spuds style in which I fell Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . I was actually on the way for farewell drinkies - so I can't blame alcohol.
Must admit though loads of people have asked if I had been drinking Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
MiniRose

Sorry to hear about your fall Carol but I'm glad your on the mend.

It definatly would of been better if you had been drinking! My knee gave way this friday and I was at a party (drinking and dancing), the drink numbed the pain so much that I was able to walk back home (with help ofc) usually if it happens i require a wheel chair.

basically stay drunk all the time then when ever you hurt yourself you wont feel so bad Laughing (joke)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Mini Rose - Good advice, Wish i'd thought of that Wink
Sadly I was as sober as a Judge Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wish I could say that I was tipsy , or that I had been paragliding or something exciting .... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

Sorry to hear of the injury but glad that you are okay now... Are you sure you didn't break it giving Steve a quick kick? Wink

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Lol Richard Laughing Laughing

Have to say Steve was absolutely fantastic and for once in his life he got a kiss instead of a kick Wink Wink

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote
Balconia

Totally bored stiff now - have been off work for a week and have been signed off for a further three weeks - At a time when redundancies where I work are imminent my timing is impeccable Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mr Balconia obtained a wheelchair on Saturday so that I could do some shopping as my daughter is going on a school holiday next week and I have to say it was not an experience I would want to repeat in a hurry.

Although my time in a wheelchair is thankfully only temporary it did give me more of an appreciation of how people who are permanently disabled struggle in shops etc.

Think I will have to take up knitting as I'm sick now of crosswords, wordsearches books and the T.V Rolling Eyes

There are normally never enough hours in the day for me but at the moment time is really dragging Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
greeny

Embarassed Carol bless i hope it sets back ok and you wont need op i think your be off min 6 weeks Confused thought i cheer you up Wink Jane

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines