Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » med high
med high 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
panayiota
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone
Has anyone got any opinions on med-High. I have heard it is not as good as American acadamy or Pascal but these are exceptional schools(as far as u.k.schools go).we are moving in july and i think one of my children will find it hard to pass the AA entrance exam.Also does anyone know he fees?

Regard
graham & panayiota
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Graham and Panayiota,

Just had a quick look for you the Med High web site is
http://www.medhigh.com/index.php
There is a list of this years fees too.

HTH

Julie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

We're enrolling our 12 yr old daughter at Med High in Sept.We think it is the best place for her to settle into life in Cyprus.It has the worst facilities but has a relaxed atmosphere and is truly multi-cultural.We're going to give it a year and see how she gets on.
The AA is more of a Grammar School and the Pascal probably offers a good education but is also a sharp business organisation.
Re-consider 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
Georgina69

My 2 kids went to Med High and if i could go back and enrol them again, i would not make the same mistake.
The student teacher relationship is perfect, but you will be paying alot of money and you expect the standard of teaching to be high and with results. But sadly that is not the case. Ask for the last two year results for graduates and see what they say.
If you have a child for the junior school section then i would tell you not to think twice. The teachers there are great and the kids learn.
Personally, you cant go wrong with either American Academy or Pascal, but with Med High,if you want results you will be disappointed. Sorry.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
caligi

The problem is the shortage of choice/places in the Larnaca area.

Ive heard good and bad from each of the 3 schools listed above.

IMO if a child wants to learn he/she will whichever school they attend...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

The Pascal and the AA are results driven I believe but as the previous poster says, if the child is well motivated and importantly in with a group of like minded peers, they will succeed.
I believe that Med High had some problems with a couple of teachers last year, who have now left.
One of them to Pascal I hear ?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
brian16
Membership Closed

Jewels wrote:
Hi Graham and Panayiota,

Just had a quick look for you the Med High web site is
http://www.medhigh.com/index.php
There is a list of this years fees too.

HTH

Julie

Please be aware that the fees do not include the price of books.
A book list will be given to you to after the school fes are paid, the list will be both extensive and expensive.......be warned!
How do I know? because my wife taught there, that's how!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
med high 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools