Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Help with my parents.
Help with my parents. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if there was any chance of someone being able to look after my parents for two days from May 16th until May 18th.

I'm hoping to get back to the UK for two days as my team are playing in the FA cup final for the first time since 1927 and I have a ticket for the match.

I have now been here caring for first my father and then both parents after my mums stroke for the last two months and could do with the break to be honest as my stress levels are going into overload.

The care needed would be for the whole time as my mum can't really be left alone for to long.

Dad doesn't need much care now but they may have physiotherapy appointments at the hospital on the Friday.

If there is anyone that could do this I would go into more detail with them then.

It would have to be someone my mother can trust.

We could not really afford to pay much but we would see if we could find some money if need be.

As I say I know its a long shot.

Someone on Sunday night chat last night also said I should see if I could get a few people to help on a type of shift rotation but I doubt I could get enough people as people do have there own lives.

Thanks in advance.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
jims
Pictures: 2

Ian

Not wanting to make light of your situation, but I would stay here, your team ain't got a hope on the 17th.

Regards Jim
Play up Pompey Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Cardiff lad

Whether we have or not Jim I just want the experience of being there when my team play in the final. I've already missed the semi final because I was looking after my parents and don't really want to miss this.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Ian,

I wish I was there Ian, Crying or Very sad I'd gladly help for a few hours.

I'm sure there are enough members here that could work out a rota for 72 hours.

I hope the emails are flooding in already. You deserve a break.

Good luck to Cardiff BTW.

Ruth

Did you see the post under 'bad news' offering professional help, perhaps you could use both.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

A member called Midge, put up a post. Maybe worth looking in to.

i am an experienced carer for the elderly, night or day care. all areas considered. can give references.

tel: 99923642
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Cardiff lad

Thanks I will take a look.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
Fiesty Jan
Pictures: 0

I can understand the sentiment here.
I have a friend who had to give up a good career 2 years ago to look after a father with Alzheimers who hasn't recognised him for over 12 months and has tried to throw him down the stairs 3 times and a mother with Motor Neurone Disease who for over 12 months has not been able to speak, move her arms and legs, and is fed through a tube in her stomach.
He doesn't complain but am sure his stress levels and lonliness must be awful and that he'd love a night out after 2 years as he cares for them 24/7 but unfortunately doesn't have any life as such.

Cardiff lad wrote:
Whether we have or not Jim I just want the experience of being there when my team play in the final. I've already missed the semi final because I was looking after my parents and don't really want to miss this.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Smiter

Hope you managed to sort things out, I would have offered but firstly I only just saw this and secondly you would have had to pay my flights for me.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Smiter,

Not sure if Ian has left yet but he has arranged to get to Wembley for Saturday.

Good luck to Cardiff, have a great time Ian.

Ruth Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quote
contrarymary

Ian has gone he will be back early Monday mornung

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
Smiter

Ah well hope all goes well with his footie team.

Mary I have been reading about your troubles, looks like you've had a tough time of it recently, I hope you and hubby are on the mend. Get that lad of mine to cook a meal for you, he's a dab hand in the kitchen Wink

Maybe sometime this year I can save enough cash to come over for a visit and me and you can get together over a brew or a beer Smile

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote
contrarymary

Smiter wrote:
Ah well hope all goes well with his footie team.

Mary I have been reading about your troubles, looks like you've had a tough time of it recently, I hope you and hubby are on the mend. Get that lad of mine to cook a meal for you, he's a dab hand in the kitchen Wink

Maybe sometime this year I can save enough cash to come over for a visit and me and you can get together over a brew or a beer Smile

He is a lovely lad

Blondes are intelligent
old age 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I think the reason for the lack of elderly support over here is because the Cypriots - to our envy - are very strong nuclear families.
They care for each other, have large families so there are always uncles, aunts, nieces n nephews to help out.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines