Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » NEW CY RULES FOR PET TRANSPORT Goto page 1, 2  Next
NEW CY RULES FOR PET TRANSPORT 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
journeyman
Pictures: 36

New CY rules for pet transport

CYPRUS Airways has announced new regulations for the carriage of live animals on its aircraft.

According to a statement, “the charge for the carriage of live animals is now a fixed price of €120 for each leg with immediate effect. This amount must be paid at each departing station before check-in. Animals that have already been booked and confirmed are exempted from these regulations.”

Peak periods where the carriage of live animals will not be allowed in the cabin area are December 1 to January 15, 20 days before and 10 days after Easter and seven days before and seven days after Presidential or Parliamentary elections.

The Cargo Department is responsible for the reservation of the carriage of pets throughout the Cyprus Airways network.

“For all other animals except dogs, cats and parrots, customers must refer to Cargo Sales for sending their animals as cargo so as to ensure correct packing of the live animals.”

Graham
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
beersmaggie
Pictures: 0

Now listen up you lot Exclamation Exclamation No chopping of the poor things legs just to get a cheaper flight.......lol But seriously, I think they mean each 'leg' of the journey the pets are to take, dont you Question Wink ........Maggie Larnaca
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
journeyman
Pictures: 36

I do hope so Maggie ... otherwise my pet centapeide has got to go Laughing Laughing Laughing

Graham

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Well you know what they say Graham, if a cat or dog can live on 3 legs then surely a centipede could live on 75 Exclamation .....lol.....Maggie Larnaca
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Pet Transport - Cyprus Airways 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
dusky_dawn
Pictures: 2

Just enquired with Cyprus Airways regarding sending cats to the UK and they told me the 120 euros fixed charge does not apply to sending animals to the UK. Not sure how much it is yet as it will depend on weight of the animal and cage and also the dimensions of the cage.

Diane

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
Tash

beersmaggie wrote:
Now listen up you lot Exclamation Exclamation No chopping of the poor things legs just to get a cheaper flight.......lol But seriously, I think they mean each 'leg' of the journey the pets are to take, dont you Question Wink ........Maggie Larnaca

Maggie
Its 4 in the mornin but I thought this is hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sandie

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
roz

Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to bring my German Shepard out to cyprus i am traveling from Cork in Ireland so it will be from Heathrow to Larnaca.Which airline is the best one to use for this purpose putting yourself in the dogs situation as i would want her to be well looked after, I would be delighted with any information you can supply me with
Roz Confused
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Buddy

Hi Roz,

We bought our dog over with CY airways and they were very good. It cost us £1200 he is a Lab/Old English cross so needed the giant size veribox which I think yours will need. Phoned BA and they would have been about another £500.

Sue

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
roz

HI Sue
thanks for getting back so promptly at that rate it will cost me around €2000 but as long as she is looked after i won't mind. Where would one purchase a crate i have looked on the internet but i dont seem to be able find a company here in ireland to buy one from also what did you use to supply your dog with water
Roz Confused
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Buddy

Hi Roz,

I got mine from
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Maybe they would deliver to you worth asking. It does come with a water thingy. I froze water in it the night before.

Sue

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quote
Big Alas
Pictures: 2

Hi Roz,

We also got ours from Cannine Kennels and also invested in non spill water bowls as extras for the cats.

They also do some nice kind of green backed carpet to soak up urine.

We had a quote form CY and BA and we will go with BA as they have their own centre at Heathrow which I believe has a good reputation.

I also paste the email I got with a price.

Hello Alan,
As per telephone call yesterday pls find attached a quote as requested.

LHR TO LCA 2 CATS WGT 20KGS DIMS 2@27X20X19 INS
VOLUMETRIC WGT IS 27X20X19 DIVIDE BY 366 = 28 TIMES 2 CAGES=56

RATE PER KG IS GBP 8.14 X 56 = GBP 455.84
EXPORT HANDLING CHARGES GBP 104.55
WAR AND FUEL IS 0.63X20 KGS ON ACTUAL WGT = GBP 12.60
SUB TOTAL GBP 572.99
PLUS VAT 17.5% X 572.99=......................... GBP 100.27
FINAL APPROX TOTAL IS GBP 673.26

I GAVE YOU AN APPROX QUOTE OF GBP 680.00 AS YOU WERE NOT SURE OF THE ACTUAL WGT OF CATS AND CAGES
AT THE TIME.

Thank you for your enquiry, if you would like to proceed with this booking pls do not hesistate contact us.
Regards
Lina

If you want their email address, please PM me so I do not put it on the board directly - for their privacy reasons.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alan
warning! please read 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Ace64821

Hi

re the originalpost stating that the cost os 120 euro

Just to wanted you all to know that this is not what I paid, I had to pay 400 pounds to bring a small dog and they wouldn't listen re this notice, also I see a further post saying that this charge does not apply to dogs going to UK but mine was coming back

I also had problems with the price going to UKlast year they adverise that the dog can go as excess baggage but when I booked thye said it can only comeinto Cyprus that way and the UK would only accept her as Cargo hence the increased cost the first time, now they seem to charge more both ways and give the same reason!!!!!

I read this post (which was very useful thanks) and checked it on the website so I was delighted, I will email Cyprus Airways now as I just got back and will ask for a refund as this is far too much of a difference and I wil post thier reply, to be fair they are usually good at getting back to you

Also I had to pay 18 euro for release papers at Larnaca - fair enough - then another 90 euros for customs, this is too much you don't even get charged that in th UK they charge nothing at customs and in the UK there is a charge for everything!! has anyone else paid this?

I will post any reply from Cyprus Airways

regards

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
mot man
Pictures: 1

Hi Ace64821,

I went to Larnaca Airport on Tuesday night to pick up a Jack Russell for the outlaws.
They come to Cyprus from March until November every year and bring the dog with them.
They used to get a small handling charge of CY£10.00 if the dog arrived after 10.00pm (it didn't matter if the dog arrived at 8.00pm it still took them until 10.00pm to find it). Laughing Laughing
I went to pick it up and like yourself had to pay €17.00 at the cargo depot and a further €86.00 at Customs for "Our services and the overtime rate."
I asked when the overtime rate starts and was told by the official at 14.00 hrs every day.
I was more than a bit Peed off as I didn't have that amount of money or my bank card on me, so had to drive back home to get it.
I was told if I didn't have the money on me I could collect the dog from 06.00 until 14.00 the next day but never enquired if it was free during these times, sorry.
When I delivered the dog to the outlaws, they said Cyprus Airways did not mention there would be any other charges on top of the £350.00 they had paid for it's ticket.

What a flaming rip off!!!! How can they justify these charges, the official did nothing to earn the "overtime rate" other than roll his eyes skyward and point in the general direction of the pet carrier, maybe he would have to charge me extra to speak after hours, if that was the case I must apologies for the last remark and thank him for his thoughtfulness.

Roy

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

Anyone recently taken a pet FROM Cyprus back to UK? I'm interested to find out their experiences and what kind of price they've paid. I will be taking my medium sized dog back early next year.

thanks!!
dog price 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote
vicswill

Very Happy ive just been quoted £1400 .sterling by cy
to bring my dog to larnaca on the 14 april a bit hefty we thought,,,

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Re: dog price 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Harvey

vicswill wrote:
Very Happy ive just been quoted £1400 .sterling by cy
to bring my dog to larnaca on the 14 april a bit hefty we thought,,,

Hi we are coming over on 28th April and bringing our Jack Russell he is costing £410.00 gbp as we already have a travel box or it would have been £470 if they supplied one , he will be on the same flight as us, he is only 10 kgs plus box not sure how much for a larger dog but they might be worth a phone call . we are flying with Monarch out of Gatwick and ACM handle pet transport for them and some other companies
Colin or Kevin on 01753 685393 they were very helpful , good luck safe trip !

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
Harvey

mot man wrote:
Hi Ace64821,

I went to Larnaca Airport on Tuesday night to pick up a Jack Russell for the outlaws.
They come to Cyprus from March until November every year and bring the dog with them.
They used to get a small handling charge of CY£10.00 if the dog arrived after 10.00pm (it didn't matter if the dog arrived at 8.00pm it still took them until 10.00pm to find it). Laughing Laughing
I went to pick it up and like yourself had to pay €17.00 at the cargo depot and a further €86.00 at Customs for "Our services and the overtime rate."
I asked when the overtime rate starts and was told by the official at 14.00 hrs every day.
I was more than a bit Peed off as I didn't have that amount of money or my bank card on me, so had to drive back home to get it.
I was told if I didn't have the money on me I could collect the dog from 06.00 until 14.00 the next day but never enquired if it was free during these times, sorry.
When I delivered the dog to the outlaws, they said Cyprus Airways did not mention there would be any other charges on top of the £350.00 they had paid for it's ticket.

What a flaming rip off!!!! How can they justify these charges, the official did nothing to earn the "overtime rate" other than roll his eyes skyward and point in the general direction of the pet carrier, maybe he would have to charge me extra to speak after hours, if that was the case I must apologies for the last remark and thank him for his thoughtfulness.

Roy

Hi - we are coming over on 28th April (bank Holiday and evening flight )has anybody any up-date on these charges please nobody has mentioned these before ! what should we expect to pay ? we were told approx £25
any info please

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:46 am Reply with quote
helen

We regularly collect dogs from Paphos Airport and the customs do not charge there. We only pay the €22 handling charge from the airline

Not sure how they get away with charging at Larnaca

Taking a dog back to the Uk seems to be much cheaper than bringing one over
Helen

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
deedeepuss

Hi Harvey

We are taking our Springer over 23rd April, Birmingham to Larnaca with Cyprus Airways and it is £550.

Hope this helps.
dog travel 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
vicswill

Laughing thanks for that harvey,
but we have allready booked the flt etc from manchester.
the dog is rather large 4stone the box is the biggest you can get , so on that note and prices you an others have quoted it sems rather good ..if thats the word to choose,hope everythig goes well for you to..

vic&suz

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus