Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Slide Sheets
Slide Sheets 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo
Pictures: 0

Are these available in Cyprus please? (Am told they help you move patients more easily i.e. to protect the carer's back.)

If anyone has any info. re. stockists Larnaca/Nicosia I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Christine
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
ioannis

Hello there
you can easily make one by folding in two a single sheet and placing a plastic garbage bag underneath !!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo

Thank you Iannis. I thought there might be a 'Cypriot way' of coping.

Really appreciate your help.

Christine

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
ioannis

Actually it is a Greek way, Cypriots don't have the mentality to cope with them kinds of things LOL

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

When my mum was in hospital for a long time - she used to slide down the bed sometimes as she was in bed all the time .

We were always wary of trying to lift her up the bed as she was so frail and had so many wires/machines taped onto her.

Nurses showed us what to do - to save her any pain and also my daughter and I any anxiety at hurting her - my daughter took one side of the sheet and me the other and then we used to lift her up without having to hold her. Saved us also having to stoop over the bed to get a hold of her.

It worked and then we were able to then fix the sheets and her pillows.

May Wink

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo

Thanks, May. Will pass that tip on too.

Christine
Slide Sheets 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines