Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » UK Parliament to shut down today until October Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post: #41   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Blossom wrote:

Sorry I disagree, its like having a referee at a football match and the ref going out of his way to get his team to win, probably the most bias speaker in history.

Which is why they brought in VAR. Laughing

Think of the speaker being a VAR. Wink

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Mr Tibbs wrote:
But that’s the whole point of the Speaker, he’s not supposed to have an “opinion”. Except those relating to parliamentary procedure and protocol.

He does actually have a vote. On the very rare occasions where the ayes and nays tie. Even then though his conduct is strictly regulated.

I suspect, had he shown a similar bias in the Leave cause you would be singing an entirely different tune. Wink

BTW. Remainers, although fond of frequently using the word to justify their stance, are anything but democrats.

Isn't Democracy about being able to change your mind.

As a former Brexiteer on here has.

Post: #43   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
mouse

clive of payia wrote:
Pound to Euro 1.12 last I looked. Or is that bad news on here?

Is it good news!

When woody started a thread in July 1017 it was called Pound at 1.12.

Remember it crashed to 1.12.

So is it good news.

Brexiteer logic, strange..

Post: #44   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
But that’s the whole point of the Speaker, he’s not supposed to have an “opinion”. Except those relating to parliamentary procedure and protocol.

He does actually have a vote. On the very rare occasions where the ayes and nays tie. Even then though his conduct is strictly regulated.

I suspect, had he shown a similar bias in the Leave cause you would be singing an entirely different tune. Wink

BTW. Remainers, although fond of frequently using the word to justify their stance, are anything but democrats.

‘You” didn’t change your mind. You simply refused to accept the result. Consequently, there’s been a 39 month, internecine, endless flow of acrimonious exchanges across a widening national divide. That, coupled with a mix ‘n’ pick of schemes various concocted to thwart the vote. That’s not Democracy, no matter how it’s dressed up.

If they want a test of people’s minds the answers simple. Even that’s being denied us though, by a Labour Party which, having called for a General Election regularly for 2 years, now refuses one in order to use the situation for its own political motives.

I hope you get Corbyn. That would be Karma.

Post: #45   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

If they want a test of people’s minds the answers simple. Even that’s being denied us though, by a Labour Party which, having called for a General Election regularly for 2 years, now refuses one in order to use the situation for its own political motives.

Shocked Shocked A Political party using a situation for their own ends.......well whatever next!!😂😂

And they do an excellent Sunday lunch! Very Happy ........Oh no, sorry..... that's Kama!! Embarassed

Post: #46   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Mr Tibbs wrote:

Clearly for those wanting to leave then the options would seem to be
Conservatives or Brexit party.

But in the current situation who would the general public vote for in a GE
if they wanted to remain? I'm guessing that it would have to be the LibDem's
as Labour want a Brexit lite version and/or can't make up their minds what
they want.

Also guessing that in the coming GE there will be a large shift in the
voting of the electorate.

Haven't looked at the numbers but it could be that it's a hung parliament
with the LibDem's in a coalition. Either that or the Conservatives & Brexit
party would have to be in a coalition - though I can't see that happening
but given recent events anything is possible.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #47   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
devil wrote:
Bercow was, by far, the best Speaker in living memory. He got rid of many of the 18th-century trappings surrounding parliament whilst maintaining dignity, a tight-rope walk. Equally a tight-rope was maintaining fairness to the Opposition Members, remembering he was Conservative in his private feelings and a member of the Tories for a dozen years from election to becoming Speaker. Above all, he has a sense of humour, so sadly lacking in most MPs. And, yes, it got him into trouble from time to time but, at least, he was human rather than most of his predecessors who were mostly sitting on the chair like stuffed sheep.

What utter rubbish, he was an obnoxious little man who made no effort to disguise his bias and brought shame on his position. He took over and lived in the shadow of Baroness Boothroyd, a shadow he never managed to come out of. A man of little honour or morales a nasty vindictive man. Oh and it was actually Baroness Boothroyd who paved the way for allowing the Speaker to bring the post into the 20 century by making the wearing of the wig optional.

Perhaps you didn't like him because he tried to be fair minded to both sides of the House and did have an opinion. Bit like a chairman in any committee meeting, but of course cannot vote. Or a Judge in a court of Law who can direct a Jury but again cannot vote.

Is that wrong. Question

Oh dear Mouse, Fair? He is totally biased, but to give him credit at least he was consistent. Little man syndrome, and has caused sever damage to its reputation and its government, good riddance.

Biased, because he doesn't agree with your views or those of Brexiteers.

And has an opinion.

It is called Democracy.

You really do need to read up on the role of the speaker, you never know you might even learn something.

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #48   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Shocked Shocked A Political party using a situation for their own ends.......well whatever next!!😂😂

It was postulated in an earlier post that Labour were refusing an election in the national interest.

Like I said, I hope you get Corbyn. Wink

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #49   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:26 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
devil wrote:
Bercow was, by far, the best Speaker in living memory. He got rid of many of the 18th-century trappings surrounding parliament whilst maintaining dignity, a tight-rope walk. Equally a tight-rope was maintaining fairness to the Opposition Members, remembering he was Conservative in his private feelings and a member of the Tories for a dozen years from election to becoming Speaker. Above all, he has a sense of humour, so sadly lacking in most MPs. And, yes, it got him into trouble from time to time but, at least, he was human rather than most of his predecessors who were mostly sitting on the chair like stuffed sheep.

What utter rubbish, he was an obnoxious little man who made no effort to disguise his bias and brought shame on his position. He took over and lived in the shadow of Baroness Boothroyd, a shadow he never managed to come out of. A man of little honour or morales a nasty vindictive man. Oh and it was actually Baroness Boothroyd who paved the way for allowing the Speaker to bring the post into the 20 century by making the wearing of the wig optional.

Perhaps you didn't like him because he tried to be fair minded to both sides of the House and did have an opinion. Bit like a chairman in any committee meeting, but of course cannot vote. Or a Judge in a court of Law who can direct a Jury but again cannot vote.

Is that wrong. Question

Oh dear Mouse, Fair? He is totally biased, but to give him credit at least he was consistent. Little man syndrome, and has caused sever damage to its reputation and its government, good riddance.

Biased, because he doesn't agree with your views or those of Brexiteers.

And has an opinion.

It is called Democracy.

You really do need to read up on the role of the speaker, you never know you might even learn something.

So you think because he is the speaker, he doesn't have an opinion.

We all know he shouldn't make it known, But he would still have an opinion. Rolling Eyes

Post: #50   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

‘You” didn’t change your mind. You simply refused to accept the result. Consequently, there’s been a 39 month, internecine, endless flow of acrimonious exchanges across a widening national divide. That, coupled with a mix ‘n’ pick of schemes various concocted to thwart the vote. That’s not Democracy, no matter how it’s dressed up.

Rolling Eyes
Who said me, read my post again. I said a former Brexiteer.

He is a new member who quite eloquently voiced his opinion and gave his reasons.

As I have said many times I do not like Corbyn and do not trust him either.
(how many times do I have to say that)

I did not vote first time round and would not again if given the opportunity, and yes I do accept the vote, but I disagree with the outcome, But I do reserve the right to talk and discuss the subject. As is my right in a free and Democratic society or do you disagree with that.

Or do you think what a lot of Right winger Brexiteers think.

" We should just go quietly in to the night."

" We must obey". And not question.

Post: #51   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

It was postulated in an earlier post that Labour were refusing an election in the national interest.

Like I said, I hope you get Corbyn. Wink

Well, perhaps a bit of both! Very Happy

And I'd settle for Corbyn over the liar Johnson, thanks!😱

Post: #52   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Embarrassing really and it looks like losing control rather than taking back control??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhkRWIAYKI

Cheers

Steve

Post: #53   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
And I'd settle for Corbyn, thanks!😱

I know it goes against the grain but you might want to look into that a bit.

For a person of your principle motivation it would turn out to be very much a case of “Be careful what you wish for”.

Post: #54   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

For a person of your principle motivation it would turn out to be very much a case of “Be careful what you wish for”.

You may be surprised how much I look into issues, what my principle motivation is and, indeed, what I wish for! Cool

Post: #55   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

Steve - SJD wrote:
Embarrassing really and it looks like losing control rather than taking back control??

Cheers

Steve

And if that doesn’t demonstrate what a disaster he has been as speaker then I don’t know what does, a trusty odious little man. If looks could kill Black Rod would have incinerated him with that look!

Mercury Rising

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #56   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Sorry I disagree, its like having a referee at a football match and the ref going out of his way to get his team to win, probably the most bias speaker in history.

Which is why they brought in VAR. Laughing

Think of the speaker being a VAR. Wink

That is a terrible analogy, VAR ....... gives you a true, unbiased picture, Bercow was as straight as a nine bob note, he thought the speakers position was his little fiefdom to do and act as he chose, he made a mockery of the position, the sooner he slings his hook the better, despicable bloke.

Post: #57   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Hudswell wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:

Cheers

Steve

And if that doesn’t demonstrate what a disaster he has been as speaker then I don’t know what does, a trusty odious little man. If looks could kill Black Rod would have incinerated him with that look!

Wonder why there was no response to this video when I put it up on # 31 at 1216pm .? I have since removed it , seemed to be surplus to requirements
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #58   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

scottie wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:

Cheers

Steve

Wonder why there was no response to this video when I put it up on # 31 at 1216pm .? I have since removed it , seemed to be surplus to requirements

Perhaps the person who replied wasn't online at 12:16pm when you
originally posted and since you removed it then no one could reply
after that.

Cheers

Steve
Re: 'You don't know me'.........Ray Charles 
Post: #59   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

You may be surprised how much I look into issues, what my principle motivation is and, indeed, what I wish for! Cool

Not really.

Post: #60   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 pm Reply with quote
mouse

mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Who said me, read my post again. I said a former Brexiteer.

He is a new member who quite eloquently voiced his opinion and gave his reasons.

As I have said many times I do not like Corbyn and do not trust him either.
(how many times do I have to say that)

I did not vote first time round and would not again if given the opportunity, and yes I do accept the vote, but I disagree with the outcome, But I do reserve the right to talk and discuss the subject. As is my right in a free and Democratic society or do you disagree with that.

Or do you think what a lot of Right winger Brexiteers think.

" We should just go quietly in to the night."

" We must obey". And not question.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat