Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Confused GESY/SI
Confused GESY/SI 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
KIZI
Pictures: 0

I've tried to register online for GESY but system tells me I have to submit copy MEU3 and S1 form by post. I've explained to them that I don't have a copy of S1, I never had one, my Cyprus medical card was given to me when I produced the E121 10 years ago. I've asked Newcastle for info but no reply from them!
Could it be that although I have a valid medical card I have never used the public health service in 10 years, other than an A&E visit 8 years ago with a broken ankle I'm not "recognised" on the system? I've got friends who have registered online with no problem, no mention of producing S1 etc., but they are regular users of various departments in Larnaca/Paralimni hospital.
Should I go into the GP in the village and ask if he can enrol me?
I'd just be grateful for any advice.

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Confused GESY/SI 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:56 am Reply with quote
Blossom

KIZI wrote:
I've tried to register online for GESY but system tells me I have to submit copy MEU3 and S1 form by post. I've explained to them that I don't have a copy of S1, I never had one, my Cyprus medical card was given to me when I produced the E121 10 years ago. I've asked Newcastle for info but no reply from them!
Could it be that although I have a valid medical card I have never used the public health service in 10 years, other than an A&E visit 8 years ago with a broken ankle I'm not "recognised" on the system? I've got friends who have registered online with no problem, no mention of producing S1 etc., but they are regular users of various departments in Larnaca/Paralimni hospital.
Should I go into the GP in the village and ask if he can enrol me?
I'd just be grateful for any advice.

KIZI

Cypriot citizens can go to the doctors and get registered, everyone else has to summit the relevant documents first.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Kizi

I registered a couple in their 80s a couple of days ago. I managed to do it all on-line and they were accepted immediately.

I went on to select their GP and they're now waiting for her to reply.

I was very surprised!!! (I had to send completed for and papers to Nicosia.)

All I needed was their full names as shown on their ARC, MEU3, their ARC/MEU3 reference number. Plus home addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.

Like you they only have a white medical card that was issued after they presented E121s.

But the website isn't very intuitive.

Regards,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:44 am Reply with quote
karen k

We had the same problem - no copy of our S1, I've rang Newcastle to ask for a copy, they said no problem they are sending it in the post !!
The number I was given to ring is 0044 191 2181999 when options come up press 5.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
linglieglen

E121 was the earlier version of S1. When you received your UK pension, you should have received a copy of E121, as me and my wife did. That you then submit with your application.

Linglieglen

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am Reply with quote
scottie

I have just returned from the tax office after a bit of a nightmare lol. Am now registered thanks to someone who came down from " upstairs "
No S1 was asked for .
I asked how much my bill was likely to be I was told that if I had an S1 or a Cypriot medical card with the letter ",E," alongside my name there would be nothing to pay but you must .visit your doctor , you take either or both with you and he,/ she will provide you with forms to be sent to GESY and you will be informed as to your position regarding tax.
I must admit to being ignorant as to what an S1 is . I'm not sure they were in use when I first came here but my medical card does have the " E"
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quote
KIZI

Many thanks for all your replies. I'll keep on trying! Not an easy job though!

KIZI

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
scottie

KIZI wrote:
Many thanks for all your replies. I'll keep on trying! Not an easy job though!

KIZI

Go to your chosen doctor and let him/ her do it . Its takes around 10 mins . ,. You to not have to he Cypriot citizen

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Not having heard anything more, after registering relatively easily at our village hospital, I mailed the GESY help desk - from the email submitted on my application. I asked simply for confirmation of our registrations. Yes/no? The response I received today was that, due to data protection, they’re unable to confirm, one way or the other. It seems though, also from their mail, that they will be quite happy to do so ............if I call 17000. Confused

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:25 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Not having heard anything more, after registering relatively easily at our village hospital, I mailed the GESY help desk - from the email submitted on my application. I asked simply for confirmation of our registrations. Yes/no? The response I received today was that, due to data protection, they’re unable to confirm, one way or the other. It seems though, also from their mail, that they will be quite happy to do so ............if I call 17000. Confused

If they said you were registered , why are you doubting it Tibbs.? I registered with my doctor in March I think it was and have not been notified . Called in yesterday and she was doing the processing then, wants to register everyone on list rather than cause upset when some say they have been accepted when others have not
heard yet Just so many to get through . Its all a bit of a worry . I have a repeat prescription coming on June 7th and have to go to her for it not the hospital .
I'm wondering what is going to happen , she had a list on 7,000 now reduced to 2,500 .
Did they give you a code number ?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

You're probably right. My doubts spring from the fact that so many on the forum seem to have had a follow up email. In particular telling them to register with a specific GP. I think there are four or so at our hospital so am wondering whether perhaps we are registered with the hospital and in essence all of them. Dunno. It would be nice to be sure though. Wink

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
You're probably right. My doubts spring from the fact that so many on the forum seem to have had a follow up email. In particular telling them to register with a specific GP. I think there are four or so at our hospital so am wondering whether perhaps we are registered with the hospital and in essence all of them. Dunno. It would be nice to be sure though. Wink

Did you name your doctor? I think some doctors are moving from the hospital . Not possible I don't think to register with all ! Being a village hospital they will likely stay where they are. It is a worry you are right , one does not want to be left without a doctor. I've just spent the last three days sorting out the tax ! 😉

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Did you name your doctor? I think some doctors are moving from the hospital . Not possible I don't think to register with all ! Being a village hospital they will likely stay where they are. It is a worry you are right , one does not want to be left without a doctor. I've just spent the last three days sorting out the tax ! 😉

No. Wasn't given the opportunity to name any doctor. Which led to my wondering what's going on. None of the doctors here are moving, they've been there for years (it doubles as a GC old people's home). TBH, I'm wondering if the whole things starting out as the same sort of crock as TAXISNET. Sad Confused

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Cant see that many will have a copy of their S1. was 2 copies 1 they kept & other sent to UK

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

No. Wasn't given the opportunity to name any doctor. Which led to my wondering what's going on. None of the doctors here are moving, they've been there for years (it doubles as a GC old people's home). TBH, I'm wondering if the whole things starting out as the same sort of crock as TAXISNET. Sad Confused

If I were you I would pop in to the hospital and ask them to check that you are registered. I did exactly this on Wed because I had similar worries as yourself. I stood there as they brought it up on the computer. Set my mind at rest.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:23 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

madmum wrote:
Cant see that many will have a copy of their S1.

If people took the trouble to read the letter that accompanied their S1 forms they will have made a copy as suggested.

Regards

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
KIZI

Thanks for replies. I'll follow scottie's advice and ask chosen doctor to register me - hopefully! Otherwise I'll be making an appointment with a psychiatrist!!

KIZI

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:45 am Reply with quote
scottie

KIZI wrote:
Thanks for replies. I'll follow scottie's advice and ask chosen doctor to register me - hopefully! Otherwise I'll be making an appointment with a psychiatrist!!

KIZI

Hope all goes well 😊

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:47 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

KIZI wrote:
....................Otherwise I'll be making an appointment with a psychiatrist!!

KIZI

Not unless you’re registered (Catch 22). Laughing

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:50 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

KIZI wrote:
I'll be making an appointment with a psychiatrist!!

I expect your chosen doctor will be at the front of the queue Smile

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines