Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Pensioner and Tax Confused Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
gazzaga
Pictures: 0

mac69 wrote:
I think you have to start with the P85 from the U.K. , then you get a double taxation individual form , which you fill in and hand to the Cyprus tax office . You have to put a stamp on which cost about 70Ä .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/income-tax-leaving-the-uk-getting-your-tax-right-p85

Correct, the procedure used to be a P85 to declare you've left then a DTI stamped by the tax office to say you were resident in Cyprus for tax. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for a stamp, I did it myself but it's 15 years ago.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
mac69

We definitely paid for a stamp , 10 years ago .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/double-taxation-treaty-relief-form-dt-individual
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
gazzaga

jeba wrote:
gazzaga wrote:
I'm a financial adviser working in Cyprus for the last 15 years. If you reside in Cyprus for more thyan 183 days you have to register as tax resident.

Has it been like that all the time or is that the change kicking in as of this year the article I linked above is talking about? In other words: should I worry about being fined for not having registered in the past.

Hi Jeba

It has always been the case. There are many Brits living in Cyprus who are under the impression that they can chooses to pay tax where they want. The local tax officers would look at the income the person trying to register has and then tell them not to bother if it's below threshold. If that person subsequently dies, owns property and has no tax records, it can delay the issue of probate significantly as all tax affairs have to be up to date before the probate is issued.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Info UK already know 
Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm Reply with quote
kokkinos

Like send you letter with your cyprus address on asking fill in your address and Nat ins no, which thay already have ,then send letters to make sure you still alive .4 I Had so far ,,now Halifax who pay no interst .say if dont respond to there letter will report me to tax man aready done double tax thing when will thay leave us alone
Rolling Eyes
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

As Gazzaga says. You fill in the form from the UK and take it to the Cypriot tax office. It is the Cypriots that sent the form to the UK.. or at least that is how ours was done..

Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
tilly mint

gazzaga wrote:
tilly mint wrote:
madmum wrote:
Assume you have to actually go into tax office in road by hospital. Be so much easier if could at least do the registration online.
Iím not that bothered about going & sitting waiting for a long time if was just me but know husband will be moaning
Now that tax returns are done online surely would make sense to register online

Phone the uk tax office first and get it sorted that end first. When your husband received his pension with the tax code NT then start with the tax office here. Donít forget cyprus tax year begins Jan until Dec. I usually submit my husbands info in March and pay but that is for the previous year. Hth

Tilly Mint this is inaccurate information. The process has to be initiated in Cyprus.

We were advised by the uk tax office to start the process with them.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Pensioner and Tax Confused 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines