Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Car Insurance
Car Insurance 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon
Pictures: 0

Gan Direct have quoted me 310.00 fully comp any ideas where to get cheaper.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:50 pm Reply with quote
rolyrack

Try abbygate 26819175.
Ian
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:08 pm Reply with quote
madmum

what car is it? we pay around that for our cars but they are 3L BMWs try Michelle at UKExpats only paid half that for a honda civic 1600
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 am Reply with quote
steveb
Pictures: 3

Hi Madmum,
where about,s are UKexpats, at the moment I,m paying nearly 300e for my 1600cc Honda.

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am Reply with quote
madmum

steveb wrote:
Hi Madmum,
where about,s are UKexpats, at the moment I,m paying nearly 300e for my 1600cc Honda.

Steve

That sounds a lot but my Honda was ancient & only cost Ä500

They are based in Limassol but I got quote online, they rang & arranged it all by phone & email

You can go to UKexpats.com. To get quote or ask for call back
Or phone them on 25738930

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Second vote for Abbeygate, I saved Ä100 on my quad and just over Ä50 on my pick up compared to a larnaca broker I had been using for over 10 years.

Please remember when comparing each otherís costs for insurance a lot of things reflect what one pays compared to others such as age of driver, named drivers any driver, age and value of the vehicle, the cover required and what is or is not covered etc etc.

A Recent conversation I gad, was over motorcycle cover, he was impressed that he paid around Ä70 less than me, until I pointed out my bike was 7 years newer and insured for double the value. Always compare with like for like.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

We insured through Michelle at Ukexpats. 4 year old Kia Rio 1.1 insured for 6000 euros. Any driver, 200 euro excess. 264 euros.
Underwritten by AIG.
Just renewed this year without comparing prices but they were the cheapest I could find the year before when I first insured the car.
You must compare quotes for your own circumstances as many things affect the price, not just the vehicle. Even where you live makes a difference.
The any driver option is very important for us for friends and relatives visiting.
Paul.
Ins 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:18 am Reply with quote
kokkinos

Any driver is only covered third party with most insurers

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Ins 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

kokkinos wrote:

Depending on your policy, Iíve always had any driver with 3 different companies and all were fully comp as per my policy.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:24 pm Reply with quote
madmum

carts320 wrote:
kokkinos wrote:

Depending on your policy, Iíve always had any driver with 3 different companies and all were fully comp as per my policy.

mine is any driver fully comp with AIG thru Michelle at UKExpats
Insurance 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 am Reply with quote
storm

Seems most only offer third party if car isn't worth much not sure if you can get higher cover tho if wishing to pay more I would of at least expected third party fire or theft

A block
Car Insurance 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters