Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » GESY website Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post: #81   PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

Milschoice04 wrote:
A friend is in the process of registering for GESY online....
She has a S1 card which will be due for renewal at the end of this month (May)....
In view of GESY, is it necessary for her to renew her S1 card before expiry?

I sent an email to the 'contact us' email address on nthe GESY site asking this question....
I have had an acknowledgement of receipt of my email but no actual response to the question....

Is there anyone here in a similar situation.... or has a suggestion/answer please?

Mils

I sent an email asking for confirmation of my registration. The response was “Basic information about GHS - GESY” which was in Greek. There was an icon on the top bar to select English but it didn’t work. Rolling Eyes
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #82   PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm Reply with quote
mac69

Milschoice04 wrote:
She has a S1 card which will be due for renewal at the end of this month (May)....

I sent an email to the 'contact us' email address on nthe GESY site asking this question....
I have had an acknowledgement of receipt of my email but no actual response to the question....

Is there anyone here in a similar situation.... or has a suggestion/answer please?

Mils

When I received my new card it was about a month before the old one expired , it came by post .

I would say it is worth visiting a citizen centre to try and get a new card now , seeing as they have extended the start of Gesy till August .
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Removal from Beneficiary List 
Post: #83   PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
G&P
Pictures: 5

[quote="G&P"]Both myself and my husband have enrolled, registered and been accepted by the doctor of our choice.
Then just a week later received an email saying the Doctor has removed us from her beneficiary list ( we believe she has left the practice/Famagusta Health centre) and to proceed to register with another Doctor.
Sounds straightforward enough? No, I spent the whole morning yesterday attempting to do this, numerous times, thinking I had missed something, tried again and again, without success. Our status on the Enrolment page states 'Accepted' so there is no facility to go further with another choice.[quote="G&P"

Just to update my previous post, in the event that anyone else finds themselves in this scenario. After being sent from pillar to post and being told varying conflicting instructions, I contacted the 17000 number again today because we have been unsuccessful in proceeding with a new choice of Doctor after 4 days of trying. This time got a totally different answer to previously. We now have to contact the Doctor herself to ask for a code number, so the application will be properly finalised, then, hopefully, we will be sent another code that will release us from the Beneficiary list so that we can proceed to choose another Doctor. Sod's law that that the Doctor is not available until next Monday, but this sounds more promising than being told to keep on trying. Everything is crossed for Monday Pray P & G
UPDATE.. RESPONSE FROM GHS regarding renewal of S1 
Post: #84   PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:27 am Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Milschoice04 wrote:

Mils

I sent an email asking for confirmation of my registration. The response was “Basic information about GHS - GESY” which was in Greek. There was an icon on the top bar to select English but it didn’t work. Rolling Eyes

I have now received the following response....

Dear Sir/Madame,
All the beneficiaries’ medical cards regarding the free healthcare services of the public sector are still valid and all the citizens who have the particular card must renew it if it has expired, as they will need it after the 1st June and the start of the 1st phase of the General Healthcare System, for the healthcare services that will not be covered during the 1st phase of the GHS.
During the 1st phase of the GHS (1st June 2019 – 1st June 2020), primary healthcare services will be offered through the System. With their medical card, the beneficiaries of the public sector will continue receiving free inpatient healthcare services from the public hospitals.

Thank you for contacting us, we remain at your disposal.

GHS Contact Centre
Health Insurance Organisation

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: Removal from Beneficiary List Update 
Post: #85   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
G&P

[quote="G&P"]
G&P wrote:
Both myself and my husband have enrolled, registered and been accepted by the doctor of our choice.
Then just a week later received an email saying the Doctor has removed us from her beneficiary list ( we believe she has left the practice/Famagusta Health centre) and to proceed to register with another Doctor.
Sounds straightforward enough? No, I spent the whole morning yesterday attempting to do this, numerous times, thinking I had missed something, tried again and again, without success. Our status on the Enrolment page states 'Accepted' so there is no facility to go further with another choice.[quote="G&P"

Just to update my previous post, in the event that anyone else finds themselves in this scenario. After being sent from pillar to post and being told varying conflicting instructions, I contacted the 17000 number again today because we have been unsuccessful in proceeding with a new choice of Doctor after 4 days of trying. This time got a totally different answer to previously. We now have to contact the Doctor herself to ask for a code number, so the application will be properly finalised, then, hopefully, we will be sent another code that will release us from the Beneficiary list so that we can proceed to choose another Doctor. Sod's law that that the Doctor is not available until next Monday, but this sounds more promising than being told to keep on trying. Everything is crossed for Monday Pray P & G

Another update: I was given the phone number of the doctor who has removed us from her list so first thing on monday I phoned her to ask for the code number. She then told me she did not have a code for me as she no longer had a list, she has resigned from the Health Centre. I was told the only way to proceed to apply for another PD was to physically see the chosen doctor and tell him/her you want to be on their list. We did this the following day, we registered to see the doctor so that we would have time to explain what had happened. What happened next was a joke, lots of people were walking around the surgery with their forms, looking lost and jumping the queue to get in to ask the doctor for a signature. On our turn, after waiting over 3 hours 4 guys were waiting at our doctors door, then a woman with a number far beyond ours stood in front of us...when the door opened everyone rushed in, the woman barged past us and made sure she got in...we just sat there in disbelief, while the 4 guys got their forms signed and the woman rabbitted on with the doctor for a good 10 minutes. Anyway we then had time to go through our details, the doctor said it was all crazy, they were all taking home hundreds of application forms each night and going through them one by one then phoning people up who had made mistakes on their forms, which was taking her well into the evening every night, sometimes until midnight. To cut a longer story shorter, she promised to do ours a.s.a.p. as we were already enroled, but it may take a while as we were supposed to wait 15 days before we would be cleared from the other list. As luck would have it, we received an email the following morning to confirm we had been accepted on the chosen doctors list. Was certainly impressed and relieved as we were running short of time. We were told if we hadn't chosen a doctor by the 1st June a random doctor would be allocated for us.

So, if anyone else has to be removed from their Providers List, it appears the best way of choosing another doctor is to go and see one personally. The instruction to get a code, was reiterated by email a few days later, so maybe the doctor didn't understand the procedure, either way, it was a headache for us...need to see a doctor now...to deal with the stress of it all Rolling Eyes Take Care, Pauline
Post: #86   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:57 pm Reply with quote
scottie

[quote="G&P"]
G&P wrote:
G&P wrote:
Both myself and my husband have enrolled, registered and been accepted by the doctor of our choice.

Another update: I was given the phone number of the doctor who has removed us from her list so first thing on monday I phoned her to ask for the code number. She then told me she did not have a code for me as she no longer had a list, she has resigned from the Health Centre. I was told the only way to proceed to apply for another PD was to physically see the chosen doctor and tell him/her you want to be on their list. We did this the following day, we registered to see the doctor so that we would have time to explain what had happened. What happened next was a joke, lots of people were walking around the surgery with their forms, looking lost and jumping the queue to get in to ask the doctor for a signature. On our turn, after waiting over 3 hours 4 guys were waiting at our doctors door, then a woman with a number far beyond ours stood in front of us...when the door opened everyone rushed in, the woman barged past us and made sure she got in...we just sat there in disbelief, while the 4 guys got their forms signed and the woman rabbitted on with the doctor for a good 10 minutes. Anyway we then had time to go through our details, the doctor said it was all crazy, they were all taking home hundreds of application forms each night and going through them one by one then phoning people up who had made mistakes on their forms, which was taking her well into the evening every night, sometimes until midnight. To cut a longer story shorter, she promised to do ours a.s.a.p. as we were already enroled, but it may take a while as we were supposed to wait 15 days before we would be cleared from the other list. As luck would have it, we received an email the following morning to confirm we had been accepted on the chosen doctors list. Was certainly impressed and relieved as we were running short of time. We were told if we hadn't chosen a doctor by the 1st June a random doctor would be allocated for us.

So, if anyone else has to be removed from their Providers List, it appears the best way of choosing another doctor is to go and see one personally. The instruction to get a code, was reiterated by email a few days later, so maybe the doctor didn't understand the procedure, either way, it was a headache for us...need to see a doctor now...to deal with the stress of it all Rolling Eyes Take Care, Pauline

Think it was recommended on here April 26,th that's all you had to do 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #87   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pm Reply with quote
KIZI

If this is an example of the administration/registration section of GESY, I'm just wondering what their medical services will be like? I might add that I've only used the health service here once in 12 years -a visit to A&E to set a broken ankle - fingers crossed that I'll last out for the next 12 years.

KIZI
Post: #88   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:49 pm Reply with quote
G&P

[quote="scottie"]
G&P wrote:
G&P wrote:
G&P wrote:

Think it was recommended on here April 26,th that's all you had to do 😊

Not sure what you mean Scottie "that's all we had to do" having done everything successfully online then suddenly told we were off the list & then given varying conflicting instructions on what to do next....not exactly all we had to do! Just following what we were told to do by the system that doesn't appear to know 'what to do'. Pauline

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #89   PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
madmum

now have user name & pass codes for both of us. tried to do the next registration form.
but saying cant be found on system check number. i put the registration no from yellow slip on right hand side 2nd row down. also tried the top file no but got in red something about what i assume means should be numbers only

Post: #90   PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:04 pm Reply with quote
madmum

madmum wrote:
now have user name & pass codes for both of us. tried to do the next registration form.
but saying cant be found on system check number. i put the registration no from yellow slip on right hand side 2nd row down. also tried the top file no but got in red something about what i assume means should be numbers only

tried again and cant get on it. says system error if continues contact admin

Post: #91   PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:40 pm Reply with quote
JACKY

Madmum i'm having exactly the same problem. The system does not recognise my husband or me. Its driving me nuts. We both work and have paid SI for over 10 years, we have permanent residency, have a medical card etc. etc but the system does not recognise our details. We can log on to the site but not input our personal details which would give us access to the doctors list.

Post: #92   PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

JACKY wrote:
Madmum i'm having exactly the same problem. The system does not recognise my husband or me. Its driving me nuts. We both work and have paid SI for over 10 years, we have permanent residency, have a medical card etc. etc but the system does not recognise our details. We can log on to the site but not input our personal details which would give us access to the doctors list.

Had the same problem, it went through when we put both our first and middle names and not just our first name on the form. Exactly as it was printed on our yellow slips. It was my mate who told me to do this, and to be honest I thought he was joking, but it worked straight away Smile

Post: #93   PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 pm Reply with quote
metro6r498

Had the same problems, mine went thru straight but would not recognise my wife even with MUE 3 plus aliens card. Kept referring me to immigration, no reply to any number so off we went this morning. Told not their problem as we are both registered. Told go to citizens advice for them to check. Very helpful and told even though I had paid tax's it looks like a social insurance problem with my wife. Told to ring them and they would talk us thru it. To late to call now so hope tomorrow someone will pick up the phone to help.

Brian

Post: #94   PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Do you put middle names on even if only has first & surname on yellow slip? did put them in capitals. will have another go if can get on website.

if not successful will i have to go to citizens advise? was thinking of hospital as others have said will do it for us there.

could it be as we havent registered for tax yet. tho some have said they got PIN & then went to tax office to register

Post: #95   PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm Reply with quote
scottie

madmum wrote:
Do you put middle names on even if only has first & surname on yellow slip? did put them in capitals. will have another go if can get on website.

if not successful will i have to go to citizens advise? was thinking of hospital as others have said will do it for us there.

could it be as we havent registered for tax yet. tho some have said they got PIN & then went to tax office to register

I thought it was decided last week that you were going to the doctor and get them to do it for you ?
Your PIN number is not to join Gesy it is the number given to you by the tax office , to access for filling in your tax return

Last edited by scottie on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #96   PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

madmum wrote:

No nothing to do with tax registration. Your details on your yellow slip should replicate the details on your passport.

Post: #97   PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
scottie

scottie wrote:
madmum wrote:

I thought it was decided last week that you were going to the doctor and get them to do it for you ?
Your PIN number is not to join Gesy it is the number given to you by the tax office , to access system for filling in your tax return

Post: #98   PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
madmum

scottie wrote:
madmum wrote:

Your PIN number is not to join Gesy it is the number given to you by the tax office , to access for filling in your tax return

Yes i had decided to go to hospital but thought would have a go at doing it on line as might work. going to have 1 more go trying putting middle name as well before i give up

Then on another thread on tax someone has been told if you hold a S1 & wont pay then dont need to register. so many different opinions. but would make sense to be able to do this until end of 2020 as S1 holders been told wont pay till then & after depends on brexit outcome
Have to visit hospital at some point in school holidays for daughters medication anyway so will ask about registering then.

wouldnt be so reluctant if i can register husband as really want to avoid a "family outing" he doesnt want to bother as never been to doctors here or for as long as i can remember in UK

Post: #99   PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Have finally managed to do registration. well it is pending. they want husband to send his S1 form by post and for me the same plus marriage certificate. and a signed copy of GESY application form so will have to go through bags of paperwork for our S1's. but might not have them as from what i remember citizens advice kept both parts saying they keep 1 & send other to UK.

thinking might be able to get copies from citizens advice if not have to ring Newcastle.

Maybe if when at hospital they can look at medical card to prove we have S1's or is that too simple

registered both of us separately as no option to add family members. so daughter not registered yet. thinking might get the adding option once application accepted

Post: #100   PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
mac69

Well done madmum for getting further into registration .

Re adding your daughter , when I did ours it appears you can add as many family members as you like by pressing the New Enrolment Request + button . This button was available on mine even when pending . I hope it works for you .

GESY website 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines