Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Replace window in soft top
Replace window in soft top 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
jb1
Pictures: 0

My friend has a smart car and the back windscreen is totally opaque now and has also some splits in it. Does anyone know where she could get this replaced? She lives in Xylatymbou. Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
madmum

its not easy. couldnt find any garage that would do it. bought the plastic window off ebay around 50 then has to be cut to size & fitted by upholsterer.
mine was done in larnaca but is 150 euro just to fit window then more to remove roof. in all cost i think 500 euro. not an easy job & the plastic hydraulic pipe split while roof being removed & replaced.

with hindsight i would have been better off replacing the roof. can get from ebay for around the same price. they are sold as seconds as heated window doesnt work, but mine didnt anyway. that is for a BMW smart cars should be cheaper. is so expensive to do as didnt realise they put it on a machine to stitch in window so roof has to be taken off car

unless a smart car window is zipped in & could be possible to fit while roof is on car
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
paterson

Hi, Try the vehicle upholsterer in Dherynia. Behind the house opposite the traffic lights if coming from the hospital.

HTH

Tony.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Replace window in soft top 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
madmum

paterson wrote:
Hi, Try the vehicle upholsterer in Dherynia. Behind the house opposite the traffic lights if coming from the hospital.

HTH

Tony.

we were recommended to go there but mechanic pointed out would have to get someone to remove roof first as he wont as just upholsterer. great if window isnt sewn in. did think maybe could be done by hand but my mechanic just laughed & said no.
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters