Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Land Deeds
Land Deeds 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Nemesis
Pictures: 0

Hi Nigel, I have been looking to buy a house in Larnaca, but only with Title Deeds. Some of the places are mentioned as having Deeds for the Land, could you tell me what the difference is. I am a bit wary as I do not understand why the houses have not been added to the Deeds.
Thank you
Marie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
angela
Pictures: 10

Think this means that house or flat does not have title deeds, only deeds for the land. When an apartment or house is built, the developer has the title deed for the land. Any property constructed on the land, needs to be issued with its own title deed. Only when the property has been inspected against the approved plans and permits can a title deed be issued. This process can be lengthy.

We have been waiting for our deeds since 2005, we also have share of the land but no deeds for the house. Unless you see Title Deeds available I would be very careful.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

angela wrote:
Think this means that house or flat does not have title deeds, only deeds for the land. When an apartment or house is built, the developer has the title deed for the land. Any property constructed on the land, needs to be issued with its own title deed. Only when the property has been inspected against the approved plans and permits can a title deed be issued. This process can be lengthy.

We have been waiting for our deeds since 2005, we also have share of the land but no deeds for the house. Unless you see Title Deeds available I would be very careful.

No, this is not strictly correct. A land title means that the owner had the plot, later constructed the house and did not follow through the process to obtain the final certificate and hence register the house on the title.

The land comes with everything upon it and it can be transferred and used as security for loans. You will find that a large majority of locals have their properties in this state. Depending on what needs to be done you could see it through, but generally these are relatively safe buys as the title will be in your own name and NOT the developer.

Get, your lawyer to check any notes that may appear on the title to be sure of no surprises.

Member of the AIPP.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Land Deeds 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Nemesis

Thank you Angela and FSB for answering my query, will check everything thoroughly through a solicitor when the time comes.
Regards
Marie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Land Deeds 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question