Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » What a question! Goto page 1, 2  Next
What a question! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 pm Reply with quote
KIZI
Pictures: 0

From European Council President Donald Tusk speaking in Brussels today:
"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted BREXIT without even a sketch of a plan for or how to carry it out safely"

Follow that.....

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

Sounds like another Jägerbomb lunchtime session has just finished. Complete * bottom * of a man.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: What a question! 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
scottie

KIZI wrote:
From European Council President Donald Tusk speaking in Brussels today:
"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted BREXIT without even a sketch of a plan for or how to carry it out safely"

Follow that.....

KIZI

He's not wrong is he ? Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Amazing, that a senior politician at the centre of current events should come up with such bollox at this time. Makes you wonder. Think

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Amazing, that a senior politician at the centre of current events should come up with such bollox at this time. Makes you wonder. Think

Tibbs you must admit there was no plan set for this eventually , so sure were they of a stay vote. Its been a complete shambles from the beginning.
True he could have used more diplomatic polite language but he is only saying what almost everyone else is thinking

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

..............he is only saying what almost everyone else is thinking

Really? Place in Hell? Frankly, that sounds to me like the words of a politically inept as-shole - given how delicate the situation is at the moment. Then again, EU arrogance is a matter of fact. It seems to me that such inept pronouncements merely add to the feeling that these people are a bunch of total w-ankers. Rolling Eyes

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Really? Place in Hell? Frankly, that sounds to me like the words of a politically inept as-shole - given how delicate the situation is at the moment. Then again, EU arrogance is a matter of fact. It seems to me that such inept pronouncements merely add to the feeling that these people are a bunch of total w-ankers. Rolling Eyes

Admit he could have put it better but it doesn't alter the truth of the statement.
You could say that our government had been somewhat arrogant in not having a plan in place in case the result went against them .
I feel it safe to say , all involved have proved themselves to be a bunch of w######

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Admit he could have put it better but it doesn't alter the truth of the statement.
You could say that our government had been somewhat arrogant in not having a plan in place in case the result went against them .
I feel it safe to say , all involved have proved themselves to be a bunch of w######

Dear ole Scottie, never gives up. Dog with a bone metaphor. X Wink Very Happy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:

At what time should be have come up with this "bollox"? Confused Laughing Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
At what time should be have come up with this "bollox"? Confused Laughing Laughing

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Clearly - you cannot deal with these people.
'Put the blame on me'..........Elvis Presley 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

It's all my fault, I take full responsibility........I forgot that Wednesday was the night that Mr T got pissed! Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Dear old Tibbsy , always has the last word lol Wink
Re: 'Put the blame on me'..........Elvis Presley 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

It's all my fault, I take full responsibility........I forgot that Wednesday was the night that Mr T got pissed! Embarassed Laughing Laughing

Suck it up.

Like the Trump thread, there's been no reasonable "discussion" - with the exception of Kwacka - on Brexit as such for a long time. People understandably want to avoid being pounced upon. On this subject, you're the principal reason why. Since the referendum you've posted nothing but angry rants or sarcastic put downs to anyone who's dared to argue differently. Where's the likes of Ethel or Clive? I can't remember where you've once - in all that time - argued factually about the benefits of EU membership. That's of course because you couldn't really give a tinker's cuss about the EU. It's all been a case of your being financially inconvenienced by the referendum. When it comes to drinking and posting - well - people can make their own judgments.

In a sense, Brexit has ruined this forum. I would like to say that I look forward to when it's finally over. But of course - whatever happens - it never will be. Crying or Very sad

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Dear old Tibbsy , always has the last word lol Wink

What? Never!

X

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Why the outrage?

Is it because some people don't get to the end of his comment - the bit about "without a plan"?

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Outrage?

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

It's always seemed to me that a characteristic of the Left's revulsion and resistance to things that they believe represent a significant threat is - scorn/sarcasm. Hereabouts, Trump/Brexit/Populism. et al.

Usually leading to knitting next to the guillotine or perhaps deliberately starving 4 million Ukranians to death (a statistic) - in the cause of agricultural collectivism. Well, the real thing hasn't actually been tried yet. Wink

Sorry - I've gorn orf on a tangent quite a bit. Sad Nighty night.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

What about the rest of Tusk's comments, why has the media only focussed on his words on those running the leave campaign?

He also commented on those running the remain with his comment that there was "no political force, and no effective leadership".

BTW, another comment on the 'leave' politicians:

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:49 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

Some British politicians agree with him

Prominent Remain MP Anna Soubry, however, predicted the European Council president would be “wildly misquoted” as she stressed he was commenting on leading Leave politicians rather than “the millions of good people they conned with fake promises they cannot deliver on”.
What a question! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat