Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » BREXIT The Nuclear Option Goto page 1, 2  Next
BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
bubblechris
Pictures: 0

So you all wondered what May had up her sleeve well it came out yesterday courtesy of Rees Mogg.

The Queen will decide.

The PM can choose to dissolve Parliament to quell the ranks of the undemocratic Mps who with the help of Speaker Bercow are trying to wreck Brexit.

Parliament can be dissolved until after March 29th and Brexit has come into effect as voted for by over 500 MPs.

Now the rush will be to get a soft Brexit or we leave on WTO rules.

May was right all along. Brexit will happen on the 25th and the majority have won.

God save the Queen. Rule Britannia. Shove that in your pipe Juncker Barnier and all you devious remainers.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

bubblechris wrote:
So you all wondered what May had up her sleeve well it came out yesterday courtesy of Rees Mogg.

The Queen will decide.

The PM can choose to dissolve Parliament to quell the ranks of the undemocratic Mps who with the help of Speaker Bercow are trying to wreck Brexit.

Parliament can be dissolved until after March 29th and Brexit has come into effect as voted for by over 500 MPs.

May was right all along. Brexit will happen on the 25th and the majority have won.

God save the Queen. Rule Britannia. Shove that in your pipe Juncker Barnier and all you devious remainers.

FFS, you can`t even get the date right (as per usual)

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

sugarray1955 wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

The Queen will decide.

FFS, you can`t even get the date right (as per usual)

I believe the relevant word in BC's diatribe is 'can' and should be substituted by the word WON'T!! Rolling Eyes

BTW Ray, in fairness I think he is getting better.......I heard that just the other day he managed to put his 'left leg in' at the correct time! Laughing Laughing

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

Only idiots ridicule minor mistakes whilst being unable to debate or discuss without being obnoxious.

Anyway for those interested it has now found the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622519/Hardline-Brexiteers-just-pretending-Mays-plan.html

Loving it.........
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:03 am Reply with quote
spanner

bubblechris wrote:
Only idiots ridicule minor mistakes whilst being unable to debate or discuss without being obnoxious.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622519/Hardline-Brexiteers-just-pretending-Mays-plan.html

Loving it.........

So you are now a supporter of that upper-class idiot Rees-Mogg?

Let us know when May says that is what she is going to do, so we won't hear from you again on this thread.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Kwacka wrote:
Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.

I won't call you an idiot but I find using the amateur comments of the forum's resident idiots as an argumentative basis of a post is as childish as your pedantic posts.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:

I won't call you an idiot but I find using the amateur comments of the forum's resident idiots as an argumentative basis of a post is as childish as your pedantic posts.

So glad I'm not one of the forum's resident idiots, I shall sleep soundly tonight.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Must try harder! 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Kwacka wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:

So glad I'm not one of the forum's resident idiots, I shall sleep soundly tonight.

Come on Kwacka, I'm sure that with just a little more effort you can elevate yourself to the level of us idiots!! Laughing Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

I thought Parliament could only be dissolved in the event of a General Election which then has to be held within 25 days.

Not 100% on this.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

mouse wrote:
I thought Parliament could only be dissolved in the event of a General Election which then has to be held within 25 days.

Not 100% on this.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8263379/brexit-theresa-may-house-of-commons-jacob-rees-mogg/

I’ll hazard a guess .......... it ain’t gonna happen.

Rosie Cartwright’s story’s much more interesting. Shocked

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

mouse wrote:

Not 100% on this.

As you'd expect I haven't read it but it should explain how it can be done.

It actually happened in Canada fairly recently as history goes but I'm not sure if they had to ask the Queen, I doubt it somehow.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Thank God he's not British

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8275662/french-president-emanuel-macron-slams-brexit/

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Are you in favour of allowing the high street to vanish in the UK or do you support calls to introduce a sales tax on online retailers so they do not have such a massive unfair advantage over the shops and traders?

Oh no you can't do that says Europe................

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/01/online-sales-tax-deemed-illegal-eu-rules/

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"The High Street" has already vanished, and it's nothing to do with the EU.

It's down to large supermarket chains which have taken their trade away. It's down to high rates on town centre properties. It;s down to every Hight Street being a clone of evry other High Street - very few independent retailers.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

bubblechris wrote:
Are you in favour of allowing the high street to vanish in the UK or do you support calls to introduce a sales tax on online retailers so they do not have such a massive unfair advantage over the shops and traders?

No I don't support additional taxes - isn't VAT @ 20% enough to add on to
a price??

There are plenty of online shops and traders who would argue that it's
not an unfair advantage rather a choice of business type.

The problems with the high street are many and varied - punishing other
businesses for a lack of foresight without addressing the underlying
issues won't help anyone - least of all the customer.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

bubblechris wrote:

Loving it.........

If you were worthy of debating with then I would gladly do so Wink

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

bubblechris wrote:

Oh no you can't do that says Europe................

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/01/online-sales-tax-deemed-illegal-eu-rules/

Oh I didn`t realise that the EU controlled online retailing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

So I take it you're all happy that:
Quote:
Amazon slammed for ‘insult’ tax bill in the UK despite record profits
Amazon disclosed in a filing that its corporate tax bill in Britain was around £4.6 million last year, almost half the £7.4 million it paid in 2016.
The company says it has paid all taxes required in the U.K. and every country that it operates in.
An anti-tax avoidance advocacy group based in the U.K. criticized the lower tax payment, calling it an "insult."

and that the like of Google, facebook Starbucks etc etc pay nothing like they should be paying while UK based companies are paying correct amounts or rather realistic amounts?

Why would any sensible person not accept that an internet tax is a fair option?
BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat