Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » BREXIT The Nuclear Option Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
So you all wondered what May had up her sleeve well it came out yesterday courtesy of Rees Mogg.

The Queen will decide.

The PM can choose to dissolve Parliament to quell the ranks of the undemocratic Mps who with the help of Speaker Bercow are trying to wreck Brexit.

Parliament can be dissolved until after March 29th and Brexit has come into effect as voted for by over 500 MPs.

Now the rush will be to get a soft Brexit or we leave on WTO rules.

May was right all along. Brexit will happen on the 25th and the majority have won.

God save the Queen. Rule Britannia. Shove that in your pipe Juncker Barnier and all you devious remainers.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 1676
Pictures: 0

 
bubblechris wrote:
So you all wondered what May had up her sleeve well it came out yesterday courtesy of Rees Mogg.

The Queen will decide.

The PM can choose to dissolve Parliament to quell the ranks of the undemocratic Mps who with the help of Speaker Bercow are trying to wreck Brexit.

Parliament can be dissolved until after March 29th and Brexit has come into effect as voted for by over 500 MPs.

Now the rush will be to get a soft Brexit or we leave on WTO rules.

May was right all along. Brexit will happen on the 25th and the majority have won.

God save the Queen. Rule Britannia. Shove that in your pipe Juncker Barnier and all you devious remainers.


FFS, you can`t even get the date right (as per usual)

_________________
Laugh, it may be your last day on this beautiful planet.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6536
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
sugarray1955 wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
So you all wondered what May had up her sleeve well it came out yesterday courtesy of Rees Mogg.

The Queen will decide.

The PM can choose to dissolve Parliament to quell the ranks of the undemocratic Mps who with the help of Speaker Bercow are trying to wreck Brexit.

Parliament can be dissolved until after March 29th and Brexit has come into effect as voted for by over 500 MPs.

Now the rush will be to get a soft Brexit or we leave on WTO rules.

May was right all along. Brexit will happen on the 25th and the majority have won.

God save the Queen. Rule Britannia. Shove that in your pipe Juncker Barnier and all you devious remainers.


FFS, you can`t even get the date right (as per usual)


I believe the relevant word in BC's diatribe is 'can' and should be substituted by the word WON'T!! Rolling Eyes

BTW Ray, in fairness I think he is getting better.......I heard that just the other day he managed to put his 'left leg in' at the correct time! Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
Only idiots ridicule minor mistakes whilst being unable to debate or discuss without being obnoxious.

Anyway for those interested it has now found the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622519/Hardline-Brexiteers-just-pretending-Mays-plan.html

Loving it.........
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:03 am Reply with quote
spanner
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 5943
Pictures: 0

 
bubblechris wrote:
Only idiots ridicule minor mistakes whilst being unable to debate or discuss without being obnoxious.

Anyway for those interested it has now found the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622519/Hardline-Brexiteers-just-pretending-Mays-plan.html

Loving it.........


So you are now a supporter of that upper-class idiot Rees-Mogg?

Let us know when May says that is what she is going to do, so we won't hear from you again on this thread.

_________________
"In the works"
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15506
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.

_________________
If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davis (British politician)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
Kwacka wrote:
Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.


I won't call you an idiot but I find using the amateur comments of the forum's resident idiots as an argumentative basis of a post is as childish as your pedantic posts.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15506
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.


I won't call you an idiot but I find using the amateur comments of the forum's resident idiots as an argumentative basis of a post is as childish as your pedantic posts.


So glad I'm not one of the forum's resident idiots, I shall sleep soundly tonight.

_________________
If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davis (British politician)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Must try harder! 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6536
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Kwacka wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Not only the date wrong, you've spelt 'unclear' wrong in the title too. Rolling Eyes

BTW, it's the majority that voted that 'won' (sic)- everybody else loses - you just don't realise that yet.


I won't call you an idiot but I find using the amateur comments of the forum's resident idiots as an argumentative basis of a post is as childish as your pedantic posts.


So glad I'm not one of the forum's resident idiots, I shall sleep soundly tonight.


Come on Kwacka, I'm sure that with just a little more effort you can elevate yourself to the level of us idiots!! Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11146
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
I thought Parliament could only be dissolved in the event of a General Election which then has to be held within 25 days.

Not 100% on this.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 10885
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
mouse wrote:
I thought Parliament could only be dissolved in the event of a General Election which then has to be held within 25 days.

Not 100% on this.


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8263379/brexit-theresa-may-house-of-commons-jacob-rees-mogg/


I’ll hazard a guess .......... it ain’t gonna happen.

Rosie Cartwright’s story’s much more interesting. Shocked
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
mouse wrote:
I thought Parliament could only be dissolved in the event of a General Election which then has to be held within 25 days.

Not 100% on this.


As you'd expect I haven't read it but it should explain how it can be done.

It actually happened in Canada fairly recently as history goes but I'm not sure if they had to ask the Queen, I doubt it somehow.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
Thank God he's not British

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8275662/french-president-emanuel-macron-slams-brexit/
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
Are you in favour of allowing the high street to vanish in the UK or do you support calls to introduce a sales tax on online retailers so they do not have such a massive unfair advantage over the shops and traders?

Oh no you can't do that says Europe................

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/01/online-sales-tax-deemed-illegal-eu-rules/
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15506
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
"The High Street" has already vanished, and it's nothing to do with the EU.

It's down to large supermarket chains which have taken their trade away. It's down to high rates on town centre properties. It;s down to every Hight Street being a clone of evry other High Street - very few independent retailers.

_________________
If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davis (British politician)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:43 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25004
Pictures: 55

 
bubblechris wrote:
Are you in favour of allowing the high street to vanish in the UK or do you support calls to introduce a sales tax on online retailers so they do not have such a massive unfair advantage over the shops and traders?


No I don't support additional taxes - isn't VAT @ 20% enough to add on to
a price??

There are plenty of online shops and traders who would argue that it's
not an unfair advantage rather a choice of business type.

The problems with the high street are many and varied - punishing other
businesses for a lack of foresight without addressing the underlying
issues won't help anyone - least of all the customer.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 10885
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 1676
Pictures: 0

 
bubblechris wrote:
Only idiots ridicule minor mistakes whilst being unable to debate or discuss without being obnoxious.

Anyway for those interested it has now found the Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622519/Hardline-Brexiteers-just-pretending-Mays-plan.html

Loving it.........

If you were worthy of debating with then I would gladly do so Wink

_________________
Laugh, it may be your last day on this beautiful planet.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 1676
Pictures: 0

 
bubblechris wrote:
Are you in favour of allowing the high street to vanish in the UK or do you support calls to introduce a sales tax on online retailers so they do not have such a massive unfair advantage over the shops and traders?

Oh no you can't do that says Europe................

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/01/online-sales-tax-deemed-illegal-eu-rules/


Oh I didn`t realise that the EU controlled online retailing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
Laugh, it may be your last day on this beautiful planet.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris
Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Posts: 4901
Pictures: 0
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex E9

 
So I take it you're all happy that:
Quote:
Amazon slammed for ‘insult’ tax bill in the UK despite record profits
Amazon disclosed in a filing that its corporate tax bill in Britain was around £4.6 million last year, almost half the £7.4 million it paid in 2016.
The company says it has paid all taxes required in the U.K. and every country that it operates in.
An anti-tax avoidance advocacy group based in the U.K. criticized the lower tax payment, calling it an "insult."


and that the like of Google, facebook Starbucks etc etc pay nothing like they should be paying while UK based companies are paying correct amounts or rather realistic amounts?

Why would any sensible person not accept that an internet tax is a fair option?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
BREXIT The Nuclear Option 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #BREXIT #Nuclear #Option



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version