Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Driving licence change Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am Reply with quote
sarah224
Pictures: 0

Thanks Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
billibob

On the driving licence form for exchanging UK to Cyprus licence it says that a Health Certificate is required to be submitted with the application to obtain or renew a driving licence in the following cases: ......b) If you have completed the 70th year of age.

As I need this form to accompany the application, I was wondering where can I get this form from (no printer to download)?

Thank you.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:39 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

The forms are available at the Citizens Centres, or a Department of Transport centre..

Trev..

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:00 pm Reply with quote
billibob

Great. Thank you.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
billibob

More info please! I've heard that you have to go to a separate building first for the staff to fill in the Application Form, then once completed you go to another building with all your paperwork. Is this correct and where is the 1st building as dont want to get in the wrong queue!!

Also been told that you can only give your application in on certain days of this week - again is this true and, if so, which days is it open?

Thanks

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
oldsten
Pictures: 4

billibob wrote:
More info please! I've heard that you have to go to a separate building first for the staff to fill in the Application Form, then once completed you go to another building with all your paperwork. Is this correct and where is the 1st building as dont want to get in the wrong queue!!

Also been told that you can only give your application in on certain days of this week - again is this true and, if so, which days is it open?

Thanks

As you enter the building the first little office on the left looks at your form and signs it. Then go across to office the other side of building. Driving licenses processed only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make sure you have photo copies of bills etc. or you will be sent outside to coffee stall next door who have a copier. Good luck, I was there about 2 hours but got it all sorted.

Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 pm Reply with quote
billibob

Thanks Oldsten.

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
murray

If you have MEU3 do you still need to take copies of utility bills, or is MEU3 sufficient?
Regards

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
oldsten
Pictures: 4

murray wrote:
If you have MEU3 do you still need to take copies of utility bills, or is MEU3 sufficient?
Regards

Don't know about MEU3 but had yellow slip, and still took utility bills as they needed copies of them. ( electricity and Cyta ).

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

has anyone had a visit to change UK to Cypriot licence since 29March.

Also has anyone done the change once they have an MEU3. as to get that form you would already have produced utility bills so doyou notneed them.

And finally what is the fee.

with so many Brexit options have waited and waited but decided if BHC is saying it is necessary may well do it. Oh by the way my insurer is Abbeygate and they do not want a Cypriot Licence!

Post: #31   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:24 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

Can I just as about the last sentence Bob.. Abbeygate do not want a Cyprus licence. ??

When live here and your UK licence expires, you have no alternative but to take out a Cypriot one ..

Both my wife and I have two cars insured by Abbeygate, and they know we have Cypriot driving licences and they have copies of them on file

Trev..

Post: #32   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

My licence does not expire for 12 months when I hit 70 so have been waiting till then knowing at that time it was the only way to renew it. I could of course renew it using a UK address.
Abbeygate were well aware of the guidelines but said they will accept a UK licence and went on to say when it is LAW as opposed to guidelines they will contact all policyholders. The DVLC guidelines are very clear on that.
Last year I enquired at two Cypriot insurers,one police station and a car hire company and all age red to wait till licence expired was sensible.
How much is it...70 euros?[/u]

Post: #33   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quote
mac69

Over 65 the driving license is free . But it is advised to do it before the uk one expires as it can cause problems .

http://cyprusdriving.net/cyprus-driving-licence/

Post: #34   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Thank you. Worth waiting then as neither of us will pay a fee.

Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
scottie

SensibleBob wrote:
Thank you. Worth waiting then as neither of us will pay a fee.

Chances are if you don't do it before Brexit you could have to take a driving test
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Normally uk driving licences expire the day before your 70th birthday.

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

carts320 wrote:
Normally uk driving licences expire the day before your 70th birthday.

This is exactly what I thought.... However just before my wife was 70 she went to change her licence with all the documentation..
The gentleman in the offices politely told her that her licence had expired
Two Months before her birthday.. She could not believe it, but obviously he was right..
This did cause problems as they had to contact the UK about my wife's licence before they would exchange it for a Cypriot one .. This meant that for a couple of weeks she was unable to drive..

So the moral of the story is... Check the expiry date on your licence, don't just assume it expires on your 70th Birthday..

Trev..

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:04 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Not 1st time DVLA has made mistakes, input to the system is human so errors do happen.
I know of a LGV licence that should have expired st the 45th birthday but was valid until the 48th and then continued to renew at 5 years.

Post: #39   PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:20 am Reply with quote
Blossom

SensibleBob wrote:
My licence does not expire for 12 months when I hit 70 so have been waiting till then knowing at that time it was the only way to renew it. I could of course renew it using a UK address.
Abbeygate were well aware of the guidelines but said they will accept a UK licence and went on to say when it is LAW as opposed to guidelines they will contact all policyholders. The DVLC guidelines are very clear on that.
Last year I enquired at two Cypriot insurers,one police station and a car hire company and all age red to wait till licence expired was sensible.
How much is it...70 euros?[/u]

Your UK Licence should have your current address where your resident, so how does that work?

Post: #40   PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:58 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

If you don't have a UK address some use. A family members address..don't pretend its not done. Same with winter fuel allowance, prescriptions etc. By not having a UK address the DVLA allow for not updating your address until licence is renewed.
Driving licence change 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters