Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Different fines for same offence Goto page 1, 2  Next
Different fines for same offence 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
PatCon
Pictures: 0

A few weeks ago I was being treated for skin cancer on the chest (now nearly cured). So I was wearing a dressing and couldn't wear a seat belt. Stopped by police, I explained and showed my dressing. Fine 85.- because I didn't have a doctor's statement, as he said. Went to traffic police with doctor's statement as exemption and was told I still have to pay 85 'cos I didn't have it when stopped.
A lady friend of ours was stopped for the same thing but no excuse. Police saw her driving licence which, since she is married to a Cypriot, showed her Greek name. Fine: 20
I never believed before "one law for Cypriots and a different law for others" until now.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Different fines for same offence 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:36 am Reply with quote
Blossom

PatCon wrote:
A few weeks ago I was being treated for skin cancer on the chest (now nearly cured). So I was wearing a dressing and couldn't wear a seat belt. Stopped by police, I explained and showed my dressing. Fine 85.- because I didn't have a doctor's statement, as he said. Went to traffic police with doctor's statement as exemption and was told I still have to pay 85 'cos I didn't have it when stopped.
A lady friend of ours was stopped for the same thing but no excuse. Police saw her driving licence which, since she is married to a Cypriot, showed her Greek name. Fine: 20
I never believed before "one law for Cypriots and a different law for others" until now.

Not the 'one law for them one for us' expat whinge again Rolling Eyes

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
PatCon

Blossom wrote:
PatCon wrote:

So instead of just promoting your troll status Blossom, what is your explanation please?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
Blossom

PatCon wrote:
Blossom wrote:
PatCon wrote:

So instead of just promoting your troll status Blossom, what is your explanation please?

Take a look in the Mirror , before calling others Trolls, cheers..... its not up to me to give an explanation, its up to people like yourself who claim there is one law for expats and one law for Cypriots to give some evidence? ..give us some more facts relating to her offence, saying she has a Greek surname doesn't cut it...cheers.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Blossom,

Have you got blinkers on, the OP quite clearly says "for the same thing"...

Re: Different fines for same offence 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Blossom wrote:

Take a look in the Mirror , before calling others Trolls, cheers..... its not up to me to give an explanation, its up to people like yourself who claim there is one law for expats and one law for Cypriots to give some evidence? ..give us some more facts relating to her offence, saying she has a Greek surname doesn't cut it...cheers.

Wink Wink Wink

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
Sting007

Would appear Blossom is one of the 'hang em and ask questions afterwards brigade!!'
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Bobbeer wrote:
Blossom,

There are different fines for the same offence, depending on different circumstances.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

Sting007 wrote:
Would appear Blossom is one of the 'hang em and ask questions afterwards brigade!!'

Not at all, Im not the one who claims there is one law for Cypriots and one law for expats,

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
mouse

According to the website the fine is 85 euros for not wearing a seatbelt.

It does not state there are different circumstances and different fines for the same offence.

Not that I could find anyway.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Blossom wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:
Blossom,

There are different fines for the same offence, depending on different circumstances.

Yea, and it appears that those "different circumstances" could include being a Cypriot, or married to one! Cool Think

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
devil

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Yea, and it appears that those "different circumstances" could include being a Cypriot, or married to one!

I find that remark is untrue, very offensive and unworthy of any Brit.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

devil wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Yea, and it appears that those "different circumstances" could include being a Cypriot, or married to one!

I find that remark is untrue, very offensive and unworthy of any Brit.

I did say "COULD"...and is that not what the OP strongly suggests and, indeed, what this thread is all about?!!! Confused Rolling Eyes

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PatCon wrote:

There are a lot of maybe's and could be's here. perhaps you were just rude to the officer, bad attitude since we all know you carry that anti cypriot chip on your shoulder! The lady could have had be t*ts, flashed the officer and got away with it Smile

My wife got an 85 euro fine for making a right hand turn (That used to be allowed in Paralimni before they changed it), that she always took but the copper booked her anyway, she defo has a Cypriot name. I know a number of Cypriots that have had to pay various related traffic fines, none discounted for them being Cypriot, so, give it a rest will ya! No one is out to get you, honestly. And a Merry Christmas to you.

Member of the AIPP.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

My neighbour got fined for driving his chicken chasers (moped) without a crash helmet. Whilst being booked several kids sped by no crash helmets one on pavement! What about them was met with that "shrug" we have all encountered.Ok perhaps not exactly the same situation but reflects the one rule for them ....

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:20 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

SensibleBob wrote:
Whilst being booked several kids sped by no crash helmets one on pavement! What about them was met with that "shrug" we have all encountered.

Similarly when I was stopped once the same thing happened and my
Cop's explanation went something like this...

When you're out fishing your not bothered if you don't catch every
fish that swims by - just so long as you get a few and your bucket's full Wink

I was then given an official warning ticket for speeding.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:26 am Reply with quote
PatCon

Quote: we all know you carry that anti cypriot chip on your shoulder!
What a ridiculous thing to say - and then from a forum sponsor!
I suggest an apology would be in order for such a blatantly false accusation, FSB.
This post is about the behaviour of the POLICE, not about Cypriots in general, I said one LAW etc. Law and police, understand now?

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 am Reply with quote
UD

I know a Cypriot woman who was fined 85 for not wearing a seat belt.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PatCon wrote:
Quote: we all know you carry that anti cypriot chip on your shoulder!
What a ridiculous thing to say - and then from a forum sponsor!
I suggest an apology would be in order for such a blatantly false accusation, FSB.
This post is about the behaviour of the POLICE, not about Cypriots in general, I said one LAW etc. Law and police, understand now?

With all due respect, but someone only has to look at you past posts to see the pattern, seems we/this country just cannot do anything to please you.

And yes as a forum sponsor that pays good money to keep this platform afloat so that we can hear you constant put downs of my people and country.

Apologies only go to where they are due.

Just relax, and you'll live a happier life. Cyprus is not utopia, but is a darn sight better than many other places.

Member of the AIPP.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

Did you get the fishing policemans name Steve, it wouldn't be PC Cantona would it? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Different fines for same offence 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters