Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Abusive support
Abusive support 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Pictures: 0

Before we go any further a big well done to Spurs last night.
Now Iím not sure if this should be in the debate section or here,but itís about sport so...
For the 2nd week a black man at work is abused. But for arguments sake letís remove the fact that Ryheem is black. So it would read a man at work is verbally abused.
What would anyone of us do or say if we were at work & were called(in my case) a cockney c**t! I think we would take the matter further.
The way I see this is, if you go to say a shopping mall thereís normally a sign near the entry informing you that you are on private property & if you cause problems they reserve the right to prosecute & or remove you. Or if you are sitting in a coffee shop & someone starts to abuse you using the language above how would you react & im sure the police would be informed.
Itís only in the last few years inside a privately owned place of work that footballers earn the wages, has it has been normal to vent hate at players of the opposition. The same rules must be applied to the inside of a stadium. Itís a private space that you pay for the ability to enter. You should respect others around you & those you are watching, imagine if this happened in a theatre with a stage & not a theatre of dreams, etc.
I have had similar trolling on this site calling my team disgusting little team & worse. Why hate? The fact a man is called a c**t is pathetic to add his colour dies add to that fact, but you canít say itís less if you donít. The bottom line is hate, end of.
In my view from now there should be an absolute ban on people expressing hate in stadiums, banter is fine sometimes itís funny & sometimes a tad to the point. Thatís fine, but as the man said love the game first!
The game is different now we have families going to games, would you want your young kid hearing this type of shouting, or even joining in!
Life bans for abusive chants whether colour is used or not must come into force.
In the 60 odd years Iíve been playing, going to & watching games on tv Iíve never used hate, it says more about the personality of the abuser than the man or women receiving it. Hate destroys, ultimately the abuser showing his or hers lack of confidence they are really verbal bullies, weak sad people.
Football is about support not tribalism, not my team right or wrong.
The man who has been reported as using Ďindustrialí language deems it ok to say its ok to say manc * not what has been suggested, he then on being idtified apologises, wanna bet he spends every week saying something similar to the opposition to his team because thatís what he actually thinks is right. What is right the abuse or not to abuse, or are you sorry only when found out.
In closing this man & those like him should be banned for life to attending ANY football stadium within the UK.
Sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Abusive support 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

sagalout wrote:
I have had similar trolling on this site calling my team disgusting little team & worse. Why hate?

I was with you up until this bit but i'm sorry the comments you have received
on this site are nothing like, nor even similar, to the recent racist abuse seen
at games.

The problem with calling something banter is that what one person thinks is
banter others may feel is going too far.

Also what makes a football club any different to any other aspect in life?
Should we remove comments that show hate for Trump, Brexit, the EU,
immigrants etc as in many instances the comments here directed at these
are worse than those directed at any football club.

Calling a football club a "disgusting little team" may well be insulting if you
are a supporter but it is in no way similar to calling a player "a black c**t".

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Steve please read the sentence where I say remove the colour from the abuse.
Prolonged abuse on a site is trolling & is recognised as bulling & is abusive, as I wrote a couple of times this is about abuse not always colour lead. Abuse is abuse.
The point I was trying to make is that abuse has been accepted within society & in particular football for too long. Donít happen in Rugby. The colour link was established by you not me as I said right at the start letís remove the colour calling a man a c**t is abuse.
Nothing written on my page by the troll was or could be accepted as banter. I had a long discourse on my page with a supporter of another club, we both conducted that with passion & honesty no abuse. Calling another club from the first post on... disgusting & calling that club down on nearly every post even when it was factually proven to be incorrect even by the troll Ďyouíre big on factsí is not banter but in my view abuse.
That is the whole point of my post, colour wasnít. I come from a family of many differing Ďracesí, to labour a point I was careful to remove that angle.
I hope that clarifies my post better
Sagalout

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

sagalout wrote:
Steve please read the sentence where I say remove the colour from the abuse.
Prolonged abuse on a site is trolling & is recognised as bulling & is abusive, as I wrote a couple of times this is about abuse not always colour lead. Abuse is abuse.
The point I was trying to make is that abuse has been accepted within society & in particular football for too long. Donít happen in Rugby. The colour link was established by you not me as I said right at the start letís remove the colour calling a man a c**t is abuse.
Nothing written on my page by the troll was or could be accepted as banter. I had a long discourse on my page with a supporter of another club, we both conducted that with passion & honesty no abuse. Calling another club from the first post on... disgusting & calling that club down on nearly every post even when it was factually proven to be incorrect even by the troll Ďyouíre big on factsí is not banter but in my view abuse.
That is the whole point of my post, colour wasnít. I come from a family of many differing Ďracesí, to labour a point I was careful to remove that angle.
I hope that clarifies my post better
Sagalout

Unfortunately hate is a sad sign of the times we live in, racial abuse has always been there but now because of the present climate it has come more to the front. Also in the past a lot of these incidents would not have surfaced, but due to the modern era of camera phones it is now more evident. I witnessed the abuse you suffered on here and there is no way it could have been called banter by anyone, it was trolling without a doubt, and it was left to go on unabated. I personally will not respond to the individual involved as his posts were ugly, abusive and totally unnecessary. Name calling at me personally does not bother me one bit, but my granddaughter who is mixed race was racially abused by a neighbour at a BBQ, this led to me "having a few words with him" and ended up me getting a verbal warning from the police.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Well said sugaray. Within my family we have family from every part of Britain also Jewish, African American, French & Italian. For that reason I purpously removed the racial element its the abuse that has to stop. It canít be right for a group of adults to gather at the pitch side & shout abuse at any player. To some degree to resolve this we must remove the colour element as it differentiates one person to another. Iíve never looked at Wrighty or Henry & thought they are great black players. Barnes scored that wonder goal for England, to me itís not a goal scored by a black player, I see them as great players scoring great goals. The colour of their skin is as important as the colour of their eyes.
The only way to solve it is to remove the offending fan for abuseive calls & if it continues the club is deducted points, this would apply to Nations as well.
Sagalout

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room