Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Life in the Sun Goto page Previous  1, 2
Re: Never mind the quality........ 
Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
UD
Pictures: 0

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:
Dont watch these type of shows, Free holiday /time wasters comes to mind

Well obviously, the best way of forming a fair and unbiased view about a show is.......not to watch it!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I think the majority who go on these shows just want a freebie holiday and to get on telly.

I also think they should have to pay a fee of say £1.000, if they buy they get it back to pay towards a deposit.

It would stop the time wasters.

Given that, perhaps the people who are as thick as two short planks should also have to pay a 'deposit' before going on quiz shows, which they would forfeit if they don't achieve a certain minimal score! Rolling Eyes

The point being that the producers of all these programmes which feature the general public don't care about the suitability of the people involved........it's just cheap television for them!! (Which I do actually watch, so feel it reasonable for me to comment on! Cool ).

Difference is the thicko's on the quiz shows do not get freebies, they just make themselves look stupid.

I watch them if they ain't much on telly, but I can assure you it ain't that cheap television.

They get at least 3 nights Accommodation in a 4 or 5 star hotel. They get their flights, they also get all meals paid for and most drinks and get driven every where.

Then there are the presenters, the film crew, who are also put in hotels with all food and drink paid for, plus of course their flights as well.

Plus of course all their wages.

So! no it ain't cheap television.

Yes, but the over 50s really pay for it all Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Just to add that there is a limited amount of tv time and to go over all the
legal aspects of buying in Cyprus would mean that they would have to do the
same for every other country they feature.

I do know that the producers ask a lot of questions of the estate agents
prior to the show and have a certain criteria - they do appear interested in
ensuring those featured get the best outcome.

Several of our Sponsors have been involved with the show over the years
in one way or another including achieving a few sales.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
"Cheap" by comparison.......perhaps? 
Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Well obviously, the best way of forming a fair and unbiased view about a show is.......not to watch it!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I think the majority who go on these shows just want a freebie holiday and to get on telly.

I also think they should have to pay a fee of say £1.000, if they buy they get it back to pay towards a deposit.

Given that, perhaps the people who are as thick as two short planks should also have to pay a 'deposit' before going on quiz shows, which they would forfeit if they don't achieve a certain minimal score! Rolling Eyes

The point being that the producers of all these programmes which feature the general public don't care about the suitability of the people involved........it's just cheap television for them!! (Which I do actually watch, so feel it reasonable for me to comment on! Cool ).

Difference is the thicko's on the quiz shows do not get freebies, they just make themselves look stupid.

I watch them if they ain't much on telly, but I can assure you it ain't that cheap television.

They get at least 3 nights Accommodation in a 4 or 5 star hotel. They get their flights, they also get all meals paid for and most drinks and get driven every where.

Then there are the presenters, the film crew, who are also put in hotels with all food and drink paid for, plus of course their flights as well.

No, you're right, when you think of the massive costs of all of those freebies (A "4 or 5 star hotel" for goodness sake!!😱) it must work out far more expensive than, for example, the production of ' The Crown' or 'I'm a Celebrity........get me out of here!' Rolling Eyes

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

No, you're right, when you think of the massive costs of all of those freebies (A "4 or 5 star hotel" for goodness sake!!😱) it must work out far more expensive than, for example, the production of ' The Crown' or 'I'm a Celebrity........get me out of here!' Rolling Eyes

I see you have changed your comparison now from Quiz Shows to a Multi cost production.

Slightly different.

I don't watch I'm a Celebrity as it's a waste of money and crape television anyway.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

I see you have changed your comparison now from Quiz Shows to a Multi cost production.

Slightly different.

I don't watch I'm a Celebrity as it's a waste of money and crape television anyway.

No change in 'comparison', whatsoever! I said ANY programme that has members of the public as it's 'stars' is "cheap television"!! Rolling Eyes

And I see you've subscribed to Teflon Boy's school of critique, in having the mysterious ability to consider a show that you don't watch as "crape" (sic) Laughing

If you get any more confused you'll have to change your moniker to 'bubblemouse'! Wink Laughing

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Slightly different.

No change in 'comparison', whatsoever! I said ANY programme that has members of the public as it's 'stars' is "cheap television"!! Rolling Eyes

And I see you've subscribed to Teflon Boy's school of critique, in having the mysterious ability to consider a show that you don't watch as "crape" (sic) Laughing

If you get any more confused you'll have to change your moniker to 'bubblemouse'! Wink Laughing

Woody or should I call you Chris lol.
Again, I think you have misread your own post, (big letters) for you to read again That is what I was referring to when I said you have changed your comparison.

Plus of course Celebrity hardly means the ordinary member of the public. Rolling Eyes Wink

When you go to England suggest an appointment at specsavers. Laughing

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Slightly different.

Again, I think you have misread your own post, (big letters) for you to read again That is what I was referring to when I said you have changed your comparison.

Plus of course Celebrity hardly means the ordinary member of the public. Rolling Eyes Wink

Brick wall Brick wall Somebody please explain it to him!! Cool

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Slightly different.

Brick wall Brick wall Somebody please explain it to him!! Cool

See Woody. Thatís what you get for two-timing him. Hell hath no fury like a Mouse scorned.

(Iím just adding to the interleaf to annoy Kwacka.) Wink

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
alan99

When buying new properties in Europe sometimes VAT is charged , Cyprus for instance at 19% if not full time resident and only world wide home and excluded under the Transfer tax law. That is a hefty amount ,takes years to even break even.

Sometimes part time agents ,often Brit expats work for the agents or did years ago. They, I think may pick up 1,000s , rather than a few hundred , for a successful sale.

I stand to be corrected on both points.

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
No need to repeat what's gone before! 
Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Oh, Mr T, you have no idea, I mean you've seen the way he talks to me! Crying or Very sad

Sometimes I don't know which way to turn (ooh Matron!). In fact it's almost got to the stage where I feel like doing something totally crazy, drastic, illogical and irresponsible........such as voting 'leave' should there be another referendum! Big Smile

Post: #31   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Oh, Mr T, you have no idea, I mean you've seen the way he talks to me! Crying or Very sad

Sometimes I don't know which way to turn (ooh Matron!). In fact it's almost got to the stage where I feel like doing something totally crazy, drastic, illogical and irresponsible........such as voting 'leave' should there be another referendum! Big Smile

Iím really disappointed in you Woody.

We could have made this a record Kwacka, interleaf windup, if you hadnít bottled out. Sad

Post: #32   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:55 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Or refusing a free drink. Laughing Laughing

Oh! I forgot, you refused one at Shogun. Wink

Post: #33   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Sometimes I don't know which way to turn (ooh Matron!). In fact it's almost got to the stage where I feel like doing something totally crazy, drastic, illogical and irresponsible........such as voting ............

Well, that would be a first. Wink

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat