Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Hallelujah Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
Hallelujah 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:46 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 2757
Pictures: 0
Location: Dherynia

 
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-46321715/thieves-knocked-off-mopeds-by-police-in-london
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Hallelujah 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25249
Pictures: 55

 
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-46321715/thieves-knocked-off-mopeds-by-police-in-london
Paul.


They need to do something and seem to have their hands tied for some time.

I was watching one of those cop shows on CH5 and it was filming the police
chasing a robbery suspect on a moped through London. After a while the suspect
on the moped took off his helmet and on reporting this the chase was called
off. I'm guessing that this was filmed last year so hopefully this new direction
and tactics, which is long overdue, will allow the police to do their jobs. At the
end of the day if you fail to stop for the police then it should be on your own
head.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1684
Pictures: 0

 
Shame its taken so long and so many victims, before someone gave the go ahead, to get serious.

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 1732
Pictures: 0

 
Hopefully it will make the scum think twice before robbing someone.

_________________
Laugh, it may be your last day on this beautiful planet.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
It seems to be getting more “Wild West” in London by the week.

Here a policeman, who appears to have been just standing there, has somebody walk up and stick a knife in him. Shocked

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46325689

The perpetrator will probably end up getting the same sentence as a Greek cleaner.

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Hallelujah 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15640
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-46321715/thieves-knocked-off-mopeds-by-police-in-london
Paul.


They need to do something and seem to have their hands tied for some time.

I was watching one of those cop shows on CH5 and it was filming the police
chasing a robbery suspect on a moped through London. After a while the suspect
on the moped took off his helmet and on reporting this the chase was called
off. I'm guessing that this was filmed last year so hopefully this new direction
and tactics, which is long overdue, will allow the police to do their jobs. At the
end of the day if you fail to stop for the police then it should be on your own
head.

Cheers

Steve


Watching one of the TV news programmes last night, the a police officer described the removing of helmets to stop an arrest as 'a myth'.

Hope she was right.

_________________
If a democracy can't change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy - David Davis, 2012
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs
Joined: 25 Sep 2017
Posts: 77
Pictures: 0
Location: shropshire

 
Great news, but how long will it be before the compensation claims start coming in from the thieves, all fueled by the no win no fee crooks....... sorry solicitors Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
Alan & Caroline
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
It seems to be getting more “Wild West” in London by the week.


https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46327889

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
"Police hit back at Dianne Abbott as she criticises Met's tactic to ram moped gangs"

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-fire-back-at-diane-abbott-as-she-criticises-met-s-moped-tactic-a4001976.html

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 2757
Pictures: 0
Location: Dherynia

 
So does the Home secretary:

https://www.bbc.com/news/localnews/2643743-london/5#pinnedpost_5bfe6eb60aa1a306815ebf67
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
mick turner
Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 510
Pictures: 0
Location: northampton & ayia thekla

 
Other than for a laugh, does anybody actually listen to Dianne Abbott?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11279
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
mick turner wrote:
Other than for a laugh, does anybody actually listen to Dianne Abbott?


Much prefer Russ Abbott. Laughing

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
mick turner wrote:
Other than for a laugh, does anybody actually listen to Dianne Abbott?


Yes, I can post a lot of stuff which shows her for the intellectually challenged dullard she appears to be (and not just with regard to her brief). In addition, what a champagne socialist hypocrite.

What you need to bear in mind though is that, if Corbyn's elected, she will become the UK's head of the police, fire, immigration and security (MI5). One of the few major players.

She has:

Backed a commons motion calling on the disbandment of MI5 and the Special Branch (apparently they are "conspiratorial groups").

On the police https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rneBbKrVE7A

On the IRA -

"A defeat for the British State would be a good thing".

"The reason for the violence was entirely caused by the British presence in Northern Ireland."


She then went on to use an excusive analogy of her views of the IRA in those days via an insulting comparison with her changed hair styles since.

1997. Abbott criticises Harriet Harman in parliament for educating her children privately. She then sends her own son to a private school.

Racist hypocrisy?

“Blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls” were not suitable to be working as nurses because they had “never met” a person who was black."

"The next Mayor of London shouldn't be a middle aged white"

Cringe moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUgDhpHat4

She is walked all over. IMHO, totally and clearly unsuitable to be an MP, let alone in high office.

Let's backtrack and get this straight. In a Corbyn government, this woman would occupy one of the principle high offices of state. Shocked Shocked Shocked

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11279
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Agree with all that, also one of the reasons why Labour will not win the next election, even though the Tories do not deserve to win.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
mouse wrote:
Agree with all that, also one of the reasons why Labour will not win the next election, even though the Tories do not deserve to win.



Mouse I understand your POV but just wonder if Woody's recent affair with Sugar has turned your mind? I can't recall you ever in the past using the unusual expression "Agree with that" when it comes to my posts. Wink

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11279
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:
Agree with all that, also one of the reasons why Labour will not win the next election, even though the Tories do not deserve to win.



Mouse I understand your POV but just wonder if Woody's recent affair with Sugar has turned your mind? I can't recall you ever in the past using the unusual expression "Agree with that" when it comes to my posts. Wink


When you talk sense I agree with you. Wink

With the present crop of top Labour politicians it will be at least 5 years before they will have a chance in a General election.

Bring back David Miliband, that's their only hope.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25249
Pictures: 55

 
Whilst I have had issues with the Police they really can't win sometimes
and I do feel sorry for them when they try their best and find their hands are
tied.

Met police officer could be charged for ramming moped

It should be simple - if you are evading the police after performing criminal acts
then the police should have every right to bring the chase to a halt!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6650
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Whilst I have had issues with the Police they really can't win sometimes
and I do feel sorry for them when they try their best and find their hands are
tied.

Met police officer could be charged for ramming moped

It should be simple - if you are evading the police after performing criminal acts
then the police should have every right to bring the chase to a halt!

Cheers

Steve


When watching the Police documentaries such as 'The Interceptors' on TV, where the villains drive like maniacs to try and avoid apprehension, I have often thought that, regardless of any other crimes they may have committed, the very act of 'Failing to stop' should invoke an immediate and lengthy custodial sentence!

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6650
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
Whilst I have had issues with the Police they really can't win sometimes
and I do feel sorry for them when they try their best and find their hands are
tied.

Met police officer could be charged for ramming moped

It should be simple - if you are evading the police after performing criminal acts
then the police should have every right to bring the chase to a halt!

Cheers

Steve


When watching the Police documentaries such as 'The Interceptors' on TV, where the villains drive like maniacs to try and avoid apprehension, I have always thought that, regardless of any other crimes they may have committed, the very act of 'Failing to stop' should invoke an immediate and lengthy custodial sentence!

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25249
Pictures: 55

 
Agreed - there also needs to be some serious additional money invested in the police!

Was watching a video the other day and in this particular town, on a Saturday
night, they only had eight officers on duty Shocked Lots of areas are
struggling with an increased workload and reduced workforce and something
needs to be done urgently.

The police are having to do more with fewer resources then the govt. blames
them if things aren't going well!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Hallelujah 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Hallelujah



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version