Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Fury vs Wilder
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
Fury vs Wilder 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 23828
Pictures: 55

 
Anyone going to watch this? Any predictions?

Have said before that I don't like/rate Fury but credit where it's due he looks
to have got himself in good shape. Just hope it's not one of his usual boring
fights and that Wilder actually does what most don't - goes forward and tries
to attack Fury.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1108
Pictures: 0

 
I will Steve, Ive got a feeling Fury rushed this fight, and should of had one more before fighting Wilder, my monies on Wilder, but with heavyweights one good punch could change everything.

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:58 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 23828
Pictures: 55

 
Well that was unexpected! A good fight which Fury could have won had he
stopped the showboating - he would have avoided both knockdowns!

Personally I didn't see it as a Fury win and looks certain for a rematch.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1108
Pictures: 0

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Well that was unexpected! A good fight which Fury could have won had he
stopped the showboating - he would have avoided both knockdowns!

Personally I didn't see it as a Fury win and looks certain for a rematch.

Cheers

Steve

Agree 100%, I heard someone say Wembley booked for April, the winner then has a pop at Joshua

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 am Reply with quote
paul1978
Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 1434
Pictures: 0
Location: paralimni

 
AJ wont beat either of these yet, maybe in a few years time....

fury dominated wilder all most rounds, would almost say one of the judges was paid off by the score card. no chance did wilder win the first 4 rounds.

_________________
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1108
Pictures: 0

 
paul1978 wrote:
AJ wont beat either of these yet, maybe in a few years time....

fury dominated wilder all most rounds, would almost say one of the judges was paid off by the score card. no chance did wilder win the first 4 rounds.


Its always been the same for our fighters in the States, don't expect squeaky clean Judges.

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:55 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 23828
Pictures: 55

 
Blossom wrote:
paul1978 wrote:
AJ wont beat either of these yet, maybe in a few years time....

fury dominated wilder all most rounds, would almost say one of the judges was paid off by the score card. no chance did wilder win the first 4 rounds.


Its always been the same for our fighters in the States, don't expect squeaky clean Judges.


A chellenger though has always had to take the belt from the champion - I
didn't think Fury did that. Plus he was knocked down twice and his punches
can be a bit slappy at times which don't score well. It was close but a draw
seemed a reasonable result.

As for AJ I wouldn't write him off - I think he would be too fast for Fury and
too much of a boxer for Wilder but they for sure would be close fights.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1108
Pictures: 0

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Blossom wrote:
paul1978 wrote:
AJ wont beat either of these yet, maybe in a few years time....

fury dominated wilder all most rounds, would almost say one of the judges was paid off by the score card. no chance did wilder win the first 4 rounds.


Its always been the same for our fighters in the States, don't expect squeaky clean Judges.


A chellenger though has always had to take the belt from the champion - I
didn't think Fury did that. Plus he was knocked down twice and his punches
can be a bit slappy at times which don't score well. It was close but a draw
seemed a reasonable result.

As for AJ I wouldn't write him off - I think he would be too fast for Fury and
too much of a boxer for Wilder but they for sure would be close fights.

Cheers

Steve
Fair assessment Steve...I wasnt so much referring to this fight, but over many years, foreign boxers for the most get a rough deal with judges, when fighting in the states. as for AJ I wouldn't put my money on any heavyweight winning , one good punch could change everything.

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2633
Pictures: 0
Location: London & Tersefanou

 
Iím really no fan of Fury & frankly found some of his statements offensive, but reserve his right to his beliefs. I donít follow the sport either, but from all reports he should have won, I think the 2 knockdowns last one especially gave the judges an excuse to go against him. Yup I know they give the scoresheets up. Interesting g to see what the Wembley fight will produce.
Sagalout

_________________
Arsenal, Kings of London
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 23828
Pictures: 55

 
sagalout wrote:
but from all reports he should have won, I think the 2 knockdowns last one especially gave the judges an excuse to go against him. Yup I know they give the scoresheets up. Interesting g to see what the Wembley fight will produce.


Yes agreed a lot of the pundits thought Fury was robbed but I like to be
different Laughing

I can see that Fury beating the ten count in the twelfth round will be replayed
a few times - good that he got up (Undertaker style) though with the way
he went down I didn't think he was getting back up in time.

Fair play to Wilder as well for knocking him down twice but again Fury could
have avoided both if he hadn't been showboating when he got hit.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Furry fight 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
kokkinos
Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 1019
Pictures: 0
Location: oroklini

 
I am with you Paul fury was Robbed .much the better boxer, he fooled them in getting this fight ,by giving . A poor showing in his two warm up fights ..thay thought it was going to be walk ov.er Josh. Is now out the frame for the time being because of rematch. Fury will be the Cinderella man .. and will win personally of the year
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2633
Pictures: 0
Location: London & Tersefanou

 
Article I saw said the ref took 22 seconds to get the fight restarted
Sagalout

_________________
Arsenal, Kings of London
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Fury vs Wilder 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  



  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Wilder



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version