Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Car Paint/Repair Expert - Eastern Cyprus
Car Paint/Repair Expert - Eastern Cyprus 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
John10
Pictures: 0

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good/excellent car repair garage/person in Larnaca, Protaras/Ayia Napa, Nicosia or Limassol area? I've got some damage above my wheel arch which I want sorting out. It needs a respray and it seems like the whole panel needs to be done based on my previous experience. Even then, I've had similar done by top guys in the UK and the resprayed panel still looked slightly different to the rest of the car in certain lights.

I visited a local garage that was recommended by BMW Cyprus but when I went down there they were spraying a car in the middle of the workshop surrounded by other cars and wind/dust etc. I know in Cyprus people will always tell you that they can do the job and it will be perfect but then they mess it up....just in my experience!

Can anyone recommend a pro?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

In Paralimni, behind the Post office. About 200 yards down from Bankers corner on road to Sotira.

Very reasonable cost wise as well.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
John10

[quote="mouse"]In Paralimni, behind the Post office. About 200 yards down from Bankers corner on road to Sotira.

Very reasonable cost wise as well.[/quote]

Thanks. You've been in Cyprus too long! Directions - Past the fire station, past the bakery and there it is :lol:

Do you have a name for the place? Or a street name of the post office or something? Not familiar with Paralimni at all apart from heading that way for the beaches but I have a Sat Nav with GPS....if you have a Greek road name in English i could put it in the sat nav? Thanks

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
madmum

about half hour drive but had my BMW repaired few months ago. big dent in side panel. not sure if knocked out or filled but did a perfect job of matching the paintwork. not easy as black metallic.

its off the motorway going to larnaca. is 2 turn offs for avgarou, take the 2nd signposted industrial estate. is a red building with lots of cars outside. must have good reputation as the man that came to photograph accident said as its BMW wouldnt recommend a local garage. then maybe he get something for sending people to this garage
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
John10

[quote="madmum"]about half hour drive but had my BMW repaired few months ago. big dent in side panel. not sure if knocked out or filled but did a perfect job of matching the paintwork. not easy as black metallic.

its off the motorway going to larnaca. is 2 turn offs for avgarou, take the 2nd signposted industrial estate. is a red building with lots of cars outside. must have good reputation as the man that came to photograph accident said as its BMW wouldnt recommend a local garage. then maybe he get something for sending people to this garage[/quote]

Thanks. Can you help me out with the directions? What town/village is it in? I didn't understand the "is 2 turn offs for avgorou"....

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
madmum

John10 wrote:
madmum wrote:
about half hour drive but had my BMW repaired few months ago. big dent in side panel. not sure if knocked out or filled but did a perfect job of matching the paintwork. not easy as black metallic.

its off the motorway going to larnaca. is 2 turn offs for avgarou, take the 2nd signposted industrial estate. is a red building with lots of cars outside. must have good reputation as the man that came to photograph accident said as its BMW wouldnt recommend a local garage. then maybe he get something for sending people to this garage

Thanks. Can you help me out with the directions? What town/village is it in? I didn't understand the "is 2 turn offs for avgorou"....

will check what junction tomorrow. pretty sure its avgarou . you pass 1 turn off for that & another village. then very soon after is junction for avgarou industrial estate. can see the garage from the motorway. after you come off there is a T-junction. turn right there & is road on left going into industrial estate. then left at another T-junction & on the right just before the bend
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Contact Jamie at 99045364. He's located on the back road from Dherynia to Frenaros. Coming from Dherynia, turn right at Costaris Taverna and then make an immediate left like you were going to Stekas DIY. Continue on about 1 km and he's on the right before the road turns into a dirt road.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

John10 wrote:
mouse wrote:
In Paralimni, behind the Post office. About 200 yards down from Bankers corner on road to Sotira.

Very reasonable cost wise as well.

Thanks. You've been in Cyprus too long! Directions - Past the fire station, past the bakery and there it is Laughing

Do you have a name for the place? Or a street name of the post office or something? Not familiar with Paralimni at all apart from heading that way for the beaches but I have a Sat Nav with GPS....if you have a Greek road name in English i could put it in the sat nav? Thanks

Just follow directions to Paralimni from the motorway, as you come into the town from the dual carriageway and last roundabout you will see a Macdonalds on the right. About 1k past that you will come to the Traffic lights (Bankers corner) turn left, this is the Sotira Road. The post office is on the right hand side about 200 yards down. The little slip road is directly past the Post office, it is then directly in front of you.

Nissan dealership recommended it to me.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 pm Reply with quote
madmum

madmum wrote:
John10 wrote:
madmum wrote:

will check what junction tomorrow. pretty sure its avgarou . you pass 1 turn off for that & another village. then very soon after is junction for avgarou industrial estate. can see the garage from the motorway. after you come off there is a T-junction. turn right there & is road on left going into industrial estate. then left at another T-junction & on the right just before the bend

Its junction 65. to xylofagou. if you want contact details i do have the guarantee somewhere in a "safe place"

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:22 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Nissan Larnaca, excellent quality work.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Totally agree with the recommendation from Mouse, excellent work and very reasonable cost wise. Where are you actually based?

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
John10

Thanks, I'll look into all of the above.

Based in Larnaca.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
John10

[quote="carts320"][color=blue]Nissan Larnaca, excellent quality work. [/color][/quote]

Thanks.

Where about is the work-shop? Think I just read there is one near the airport....what area? Coming from Oroklini/Livadia way

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Yep thatís the area, easier to explain from airport, take second exit, at t-junction turn right and itís up on the right.

Adress: Hpeirou 5, 7020 Dromolaxia, Larnaca
Tel: 24366022, 24366023, 24361294
Fax: 24361294
E-mail:
Web: www.xystros.com

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters