Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Developers payments
Developers payments 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote
jb1
Pictures: 0

Now that we have got our title deeds - yay! - what contributions can we expect to be charged by the developer for taxes he's paid on our behalf? Will it be fees paid to the local council/ tax office/ both? Is it normal practice to be charged an admin fee on the bill when we get it? Thanks. Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Joyce

I'm pleased to hear you've got your Title Deeds.

I don't think the developer will ask you for any contributions to the taxes he paid on your behalf. If he wanted a contribution he would not allowed the deed to be issued until they'd been paid.

Did you apply for the deeds va the 'trapped buyers' law'?

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
button

hi joyce, congratulations, can i ask you one question how long did you have to wait. thank you.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
jb1

button wrote:
hi joyce, congratulations, can i ask you one question how long did you have to wait. thank you.

I bought in Sept 2005 and applied under trapped buyers law in May 2016. Got my deeds last month. In all fairness to the developer he'd tried about 5 different solicitors trying to sort out problems mainly caused by the Laiki bank. Joyce

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
jb1

button wrote:

I bought in Sept 2005 and applied under trapped buyers law in May 2016. Got my deeds last month. In all fairness to the developer he'd tried about 5 different solicitors trying to sort out problems mainly caused by the Laiki bank. Joyce

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

jb1 wrote:
I bought in Sept 2005 and applied under trapped buyers law in May 2016. Got my deeds last month.

You will not get any demands for tax from the developer. He had the opportunity to claim any unpaid taxes as the Land Registry will have asked him if you owed anything before it issued you with the deeds.

Regards,

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

jb1 wrote:
button wrote:

Nice one Joyce!! Got there in the end Wink

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

jb1 wrote:
button wrote:

Just curious, is the title free from any notes??

Member of the AIPP.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
jb1

FSB Properties wrote:
jb1 wrote:
button wrote:

It is. Joyce

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

jb1 wrote:
FSB Properties wrote:
jb1 wrote:
button wrote:

It is. Joyce

Bravo

Member of the AIPP.
title deeds 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
shoshanna

Hi Im so pleased i finally got my titled deeds , under the trapped buyers law lodged in 2014. A clean title deed .
After i got my title deed my develpoer knocked on my door and said i owed him money! He had 45 days to go to landregistry but obviousley did not bother .
As far as taxoffice ,and sewerage and municipality taxes plus developers penalty I have paid all my dues directly to companys and got all relevent receipts of proof . Land registry will not issue your title deeds until all taxes paid ,
what i told my developer was give me proof you paid taxes on my behalf! and said if i have paid them ,he obviousley has not! Have not heard anything else from him ,and that was a month ago .
I was a bit peeved i had to pay penaltys of 20%for sewerage going back 9yrs and municipality 10% over 9yrs , in the scheme of things a small price to pay to finally get my title deeds.
hope this info helps anybody in the process of getting their title deeds.
Re: title deeds 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

shoshanna wrote:
Hi Im so pleased i finally got my titled deeds , under the trapped buyers law lodged in 2014. A clean title deed.

Congratulations shoshanna - time to open that bottle of shampoo!

Well done

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:46 pm Reply with quote
shoshanna

Hi Again
well the Developer knocked on my door and gave me a bill for all the taxes of 1 .257 euros !! told him paid all my dues (he said i dont understand what im saying) anyway long story short phoned his accountant who has done these figures!! told him got my title deeds and paid my taxes otherwise would not have got my title deed from landregistry .he told me that he had already told the developer that he couldnot give me a bill,as already got my title deeds. but developer inisisted and wants me to pay! Went to my lawyer with all my documents ,receipts and title deeds,and he said if my developer had issues he had 45 days to go to land registry but did not go!so needless to say i will not be paying him!
different issue
this developer family who lives on our complex and rents 2 of their apartments out are all in arrears on their maintenance and dont want to pay Watch this space
thanks Nigel cant drink shampoo Very Happy
Re: title deeds 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

shoshanna wrote:
Hi Again
well the Developer knocked on my door and gave me a bill for all the taxes of 1 .257 euros !! told him paid all my dues (he said i dont understand what im saying) anyway long story short phoned his accountant who has done these figures!! told him got my title deeds and paid my taxes otherwise would not have got my title deed from landregistry .he told me that he had already told the developer that he couldnot give me a bill,as already got my title deeds. but developer inisisted and wants me to pay! Went to my lawyer with all my documents ,receipts and title deeds,and he said if my developer had issues he had 45 days to go to land registry but did not go!so needless to say i will not be paying him!
different issue
this developer family who lives on our complex and rents 2 of their apartments out are all in arrears on their maintenance and dont want to pay Watch this space
thanks Nigel cant drink shampoo Very Happy

You could always, wash that man right out of your head. Wink

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question