Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner » Camera for beginners
Camera for beginners 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
KIZI
Pictures: 0

Any recommendations for an inexpensive, easy-to-use camera just to take holiday photos and a good place to buy in Larnaca. The last camera I had the film was on a roll and when it was finished you took it to Boots to have it processed - that'll give you some idea of how long ago it was and my expertise!

Thanks

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/best-camera-for-beginners-best-entry-level-dslr-mirrorless-and-compact-cameras
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
KIZI

Thanks for info Mr Tibbs - looks as if I've got a lot of catching up to do in the technology field!!

KIZI

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

KIZI wrote:
Thanks for info Mr Tibbs - looks as if I've got a lot of catching up to do in the technology field!!

KIZI

It has to be simple. I mean...................Badger can do it. Laughing Wink

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Mr Tibbs wrote:
KIZI wrote:

KIZI

It has to be simple. I mean...................Badger can do it. Laughing Wink

Careful, Shirley will act as look out while he thumps you. Smile

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

I wondered how long it would take you tibbsy Laughing Laughing . And you're dead right there Jacs, or i might take photos while Shirley thumps him. Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

badger wrote:
I wondered how long it would take you tibbsy Laughing Laughing . And you're dead right there Jacs, or i might take photos while Shirley thumps him. Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Just checking Badge. Just checking. Very Happy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

I wouldn't worry to much about the technology side of it Kizi. i'm a techno numpty but i get by.
Most cameras now are full of pre sets, just turn the dial to what you want to take ie landscape, sunset etc.

For more info go on Amazon and type in your requirements and price range then read the feedback on each one, it might help you make your mind up, you DON'T need to spend a fortune.

Whatever you decide on, order some spare batteries to go with it, nothing worse than the battery running out and no replacement.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
KIZI

Thanks for that advice Badger, no I don't want to spend a fortune. But you've told me something that I didn't know - cameras need batteries nowadays!!
Come back Kodak Instamatic (yes I'm that old!)

KIZI
Camera for beginners 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
paterson

KIZI,
I have e-mailed you, re Camera.

Tony
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Camera for beginners 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
paterson

Olympus VG110 with patch lead and 2GB memory card, little used. 50 euro.

Tony - Paralimni
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Camera for beginners 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner