Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Moneys from house sale
Moneys from house sale 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
Di
Pictures: 0

Hi Nigel, Just an hypothetical question, if someone sells their house here can they have the monies put directly into an English account.
Regard Di
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hypothetically yes.

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
cecilia

ooo

Last edited by cecilia on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

nhowarth wrote:
Hypothetically yes.

Regards,

You're probably wondering what Nigel means by hypothetically as I'm not sure either.

There are no English Banks in Cyprus so that can't be what he means. If they give you a draft or Banker's cheque I'd be wary. I've never heard of anyone getting the buyer to wire the money to the UK so I'd suggest caution yet again.

I could be wrong but the only way I think you can get your money is to have it paid into a Cyprus account and then you'd have to transfer it to the UK. There are Companies that can do this for you, someone will let you know which are currently the best, and imo that is the best way to go.

Apologies to Nigel for treading on your toes but I thought I had a duty to interfere. Of course I could be wrong but one of the many busy bodies, hmm that includes me Rolling Eyes , will let you know if I am.

I also suggest you rephrase your question next time, hypothetically anything is possible, if you know what I mean.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
madmum

i paid the money for our house here to sellers bank account in UK. had to pay a percentage to the estate agent first. then transfered bulk of money by online banking. took about a week tho as is a daily limit on transfers.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 am Reply with quote
PropertyEasternCyprus
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

If you sell to someone who lives in UK, you can have the money paid direct to your UK account.
If they live elsewhere, the money must first be paid into your Cyprus account and then transferred to your UK account.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
Di

Thanks guys for your help, I just needed a little understanding of how things work here regarding selling a house here and returning to the UK.
Regards Di

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

FoxSmart wrote:
If they live elsewhere, the money must first be paid into your Cyprus account and then transferred to your UK account.

Why is that?

If a German person wanted to buy my house, why couldn't he pay by wiring dollars to my US account?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
madmum

My seller had moved back to uk Why would he have money paid into his cyprus bank. And paid in sterling at rate agreed when put down deposit so no fees for currency conversion
Moneys from house sale 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question