Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » ARSENAL 18/17 Kings of London Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Pictures: 0

Letís be honest PEAís goal was offside. But Lacazzete was pulled in the box if he fell it would be a pen, plus a ball punched out another pen, as the commentator said any where else thatís a penalty. Now the question is why? For me a simple answer Johnathon Moss. He should never be a PL ref, heís not fit enough. Watch PEAís goal, he does this strange heel first walk I mean thereís no gap tween his feet the ball is yards in front. This ref is never up with the game. Apaling refereeing.
That said think we were wort the win but Everton were a tad unlucky. This is where bad refíing ruins games.
Sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Blind as a Bat?!! 
Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

If we could see, from 2000 miles away Wink , that the second goal was SO offside, why couldn't the linesman, who had such a clear view, see it from just 50 yards?!! Evil or Very Mad

I've always been opposed to VAR, but elementary mistakes, such as this, enhance it's appeal! Cool

Having said that, I'm so pleased that Arsenal won, and not only because it upsets Teflon Boy so much.........but that's such a nice bonus!! Dancing

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:33 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Spot on Woodrow, canít argue with ANY thing you posted😀
Thereís a site about Ref decisions & ive been thinking having watched the site & Ref Ďchoiceísí & there is something very wrong.
Firstly a basic requirement must sure,y be a Ref that can keep up with the game. Moss canít & hasnít for a few years, he ainít fit enough. Secondly look at the deliberate pull on Lacca thatís pen 1 A def punch out is pen 2. Now they go in for half time with 2 bad choices against Arsenal, they have to even it out for the match stats so we get an easy goal. Stats say mistakes evenly matched.
Now donít get me wrong I wanna win but..... some choices being made are so wrong, no OL refs at the World Cup well thatís why. If that offside canít be seen why are those refs on the pitch! 2 missed pens why are they on the pitch, also a dodgy tackle as well missed that def balances the stats.
We are being conned guys!

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:26 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Well an expected win yesterday, but what was important, was that we put a strong team out in what was always seen as a minor cup. Pleased to see he takes them all seriously.
Looks like weíve taken Rambos contract off the table, another sign of a stronger management. Itís not that we want him to leave, but leaving a marker down, itís long been needed, you want it p,say or you donít. In all honesty we could get better now, even Iwobi is responding better now, so do we really need Rambo like we used to?
Sagalout

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Off to Tersefanou tomorrow, so Tamala & Jacksonís in Kitti for footy & beer, as from Saturday, canít wait
Sagalout

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Didnít see the game, but maybe we are starting to win games we would have lost last season, for me thatís good news
Sagalout

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Another win making it 8 in a row. We are at times still fragile but improvements are there to be seen. Iwobi is starting to show the player I thought he was when I first saw him pre season,what 4-5 yr ago. Smith-Rowe looks a decent lad as well. This beggars the question, do we need to pay Ramsey over the odds to stay? I think in Iwobi we have a replacement & one that seems to gel better with the players we have..so the improvements are continuing but, still always to go guys
Sagalout

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

great result with us"nomads" wandering up the lge. at times the defense worry you to death but think with Holding we look better. Torrie in midfield is what we've missed for a long time, a MOM performance for me today. But what a strike force Lacca PEA just how good are they? Even Rambo got another of his specials. @nd half we were really good.
But lets not get carried away we've gotta do that against a top team, that said a top 4 might be available for us again.
sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Good to see Arsenal back to winning ways, and looking like a team again.

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Ta mouse, watched down The Tamala in Kitti, spent the half time talking about the double wining Spurs team. Happy days back then, Blanchflower Dave McKay, fair ol team mate. Ya gotta love the game
Sagalout

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Letís say it first, itís Ďonlyí Leicester but, weíve got our Arsenal back.
What is it? 10 wins on the bounce, Ozil as always was lazy poor disappeared, not! Iwobi was great like the player I first saw a few years ago.
Lacca-Bang for me as good as any partnership in the PL. Gwen tho set us free Micky not really moving & shaking Gwen put a bit more speed to the team Abby with the finish to 2 great moves. Think that puts us 4th.
Feet on the ground, we have a lot of work still the Lípool game will show us more. But 8 goals in 3 games & 2 against ainít bad.
But we are on our way gooners
Sagalout

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Arsenal were very good last night and even though I am not a fan of Ozil, I thought he was brilliant. Glad to see you are above the spuds where you belong Wink

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
luke

Enjoyed the second half so much - look at the change in terms of the players' desire, application and togetherness under a new boss. Change should have happened years ago, but I'm so glad it's finally come.

Will never forget the first half of Wenger's reign but delighted to finally have some reason to be optimistic again. Don't expect to win the title any time soon but expect to be competing with the top sides again.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #34   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Been offline for a few weeks as weíve moved to Tenterden in Kent, but back now.
Thought the Liverpool game would show how we are developing, tho we lost our wining streak we held on for a damn good draw. We still have a way to go but we can all see the difference, & Laccaís goal was a joy really special.
So as I said weíve got our Arsenal back. Onward & upward guys.
Sagalout

Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Didnít see the game, but ya gotta feel for Danny another bad injury. Enough to get us thru to the next level.
Sagalout

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Seem to be riding our luck, best we can say about yesterday is we didnít loose & we kept going. 15 without loss is good but we gotta improve, itís still early days & I think itís at least 2 seasons work
Sagalout

Post: #37   PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Didn't watch the match but listened to the (obviously) biased commentary and televised highlights and, yes, Arsenal were lucky - Leno was man of the match.

Wolves should be OK when they get a recognised goal scorer!

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Well itís a win, still riding our luck a bit & defensively still poor. That said I think we just shaded it & 17 without loss ainít half bad.
Look itís work in progress we thank god still have a self sufficiency within the organisation. So it will take another couple of transfer windows to sort this out On the plus side we donít give up so easily, last season we would have lost that game. Iwobi looks so much better as do Holding & others. Top 4 will be a challenge but to get there & stay there we do need to spend wisely. & sort out our defence.
Onward & always upwards
99yrs at the top & counting
Sagalout

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

And we got him V Spurs anyone fancy an honest display. Donít get me wrong Spurs are a good side best for years but....
Sagalout

Post: #40   PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Good luck on Sunday, hope you get the 3 points Smile

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room