Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Paralimni & Services in Paralimni » lidl Goto page 1, 2  Next
lidl 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
Fenny
Pictures: 0

why does Lidl advertise products that are not in the store.

today fresh cherries and apple pies on offer this weekend. Could not find either!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Perhaps you didn't scroll down to where it says:

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Quote:
Lidl fined 20,000 for Easter meat policy

LIDL Cyprus will be forced to pay 20,000 after it violated fair trade practices, the Competition and Consumer Protection Service (CCPS) announced on Tuesday.

According to a statement issued by CCPS which is a department of the Commerce ministry Lidl violated fair trade practices by advertising offers on lamb during the Easter holidays but failing to provide its stores with sufficient quantities of meat to meet the expected demand.

Cyprus Mail 19/08/2014

But probably (this time) there had been a rush to the particular store you shop at and everywhere else was OK.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

It's always limited to supplies on hand. and they seem to limit the supplies. I've given up shopping at LIDL - they never have the offers that I want. And the Paralimni store is filthy, particularly during the tourist season.

BTW - Ormideia store did not have cherries at 9am Sat -no sign of cherries there anywhere.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
SAM1

it's the same in the UK. Their special offer days are Thursdays and Sundays. If you go in at 8.00 when the shop opens sometimes some of the special offers are not on display. In the local store near me, if they are really busy, sometimes the staff don't put the special offers out until later in the day.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

Do none of you realise how sad you sound.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 am Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

badger wrote:

Wish there was a like button we could click on.

Well said Badger.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

badger wrote:

I don't.

Is there something wrong with expecting a business to actually stock the products that they advertise? Is there something wrong with expecting a clean shop? Is there something wrong with expecting decent customer service?

I show businesses that don't meet my minimum requirements for service what I think of them by denying them my custom. I am sure others do the same.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
Blossom

CyprusForMe wrote:
badger wrote:

I don't.

Is there something wrong with expecting a business to actually stock the products that they advertise? Is there something wrong with expecting a clean shop? Is there something wrong with expecting decent customer service?

I show businesses that don't meet my minimum requirements for service what I think of them by denying them my custom. I am sure others do the same.
Well said,
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:40 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

We too have been to Lidl stores in the West only to find that goods advertised are not actually there..

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
badger

How many people have been on line to Lidl to report your problems?
I have just sent them details of the forum topic.
Food 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
kokkinos

You also have to wonder with so many bits over here and cypriets.who have lived in UK ,why there are no beef joints ..unsmoked bacon, pork pies English .lamb chops, legs lamb..english steak.
Re: Food 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

kokkinos wrote:
You also have to wonder with so many bits over here and cypriets.who have lived in UK ,why there are no beef joints ..unsmoked bacon, pork pies English .lamb chops, legs lamb..english steak.

The reason is, Ldls Greece have the Franchise to run the stores here, and most of the produce comes from there, I dont think they know what a pork pie is in Greece
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Jacs wrote:
badger wrote:

Wish there was a like button we could click on.

Well said Badger.

You don't have to read a particular thread if you don't want to. Rolling Eyes

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
badger

So i'll repeat the question, how many people have forwarded their complaints to Lidl as well as the forum?

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
mouse

badger wrote:
So i'll repeat the question, how many people have forwarded their complaints to Lidl as well as the forum?

I suspect many people have, including myself but have never received a reply.

You have just asked a question, just like the OP has.

Is that not what the forum was set up for.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe

badger wrote:
How many people have been on line to Lidl to report your problems?
I have just sent them details of the forum topic.

I did go on-line and send them a report and explained to them that I will no longer shop in their stores because they very frequently do not have what they advertise. Here is their response, which is just full of words of appeasement, but indicates that nothing will be done to resolve the problem.

"We are pleased you took the time to send us your comments regading your recent visit in our store in Paralimni. This helps us to constantly improve our products and services.

We apologise that the products you wanted were not available. We give great importance to always available, sufficient quantities of our products and to the best quality. However, certain products may occur at certain times to have greater demand than expected, especilally when they are offered on lower prices, or when they are products not in our permanent range of produdts, as the XXL prouducts. We always try to offer high-quality products, but these are not always unlimited available, in some cases it may not be possible to exclude a shortage of individual products.

Our goal is to always offer our customers the best services and the best range of products and we continue to work to achieve this goal. Your comments are taken under consideration.

Once again we want to thank you for your message and we would be glad to welcome you back to one of our branches.

With Regards"

Oh, and they addressed the response to "Mr. CyprusForMe" when it is clear from my real name that I entered on the form that I am not a Mr.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

When Lidl first opened we used to get their advertising leaflets. Then they stopped and we found large bundles in wheelie bins...ok best place some would say. Reported this to Ormidea and Paralimni still don't get them.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

You can read the leaflets online
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Trev..

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

well aware of that but prefer to browse a paper version whenever free and thought Lidl would want to find out who is not doing their job and throwing them away en mass before being delivered.. The fact they are thrown away anyway never seems to affect the number blowing around and yet once a pile are overflowing the letter boxes why do the deliverers stuff more in. Suppose the cheats who disposed of them direct to the wheelie bin just cut out the middle men.
lidl 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Paralimni & Services in Paralimni