Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Oncologist
Oncologist 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
deedeepuss
Pictures: 0

Has anyone any experience of visiting an Oncologist?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
beersmaggie

No But I take an old lady friend of mine to the big Nicosia oncology hospital and I can only sing their praises. From her experince she has been treated very well and despite having a mastectomy, chemo and radiation, they have brought her through twice. I took her for a check up on Tuesday last and she is doing well with no trace. So I would say to you, have no fear the care for cancer treatment is very good here.
I hope and pray that if its you or whoever, comes out the other side in good health.........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
deedeepuss

Thanks Maggie. I am two and a half years clear now following a lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. We move over next April and as you can imagine I am a little anxious on that side of things. I am sure the treatment and care is much better than over there. At present they are 5 months behind with the mammograms in the area I live. Dreadful really as it could mean the difference between early detection and survival, and not detecting early enough and the consequences. It is pleasing to read about your friend. Thank you.

Take care
Dee
oncology 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quote
b.wilson

I have a friend who has cancer is being treated in Larnaca with chemo by injection is thber for a couple of hours, but seems a bit primative you have to queue to see a dr queue to get the medication, but he is doing fine. Have heard oncologists in Nico is much better, so given a choice go there.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

deedeepuss wrote:
Thanks Maggie. I am two and a half years clear now following a lumpectomy, chemo and radiotherapy. We move over next April and as you can imagine I am a little anxious on that side of things. I am sure the treatment and care is much better than over there. At present they are 5 months behind with the mammograms in the area I live. Dreadful really as it could mean the difference between early detection and survival, and not detecting early enough and the consequences. It is pleasing to read about your friend. Thank you.

Take care
Dee

Dee, I was sent for a mammagram at Paralimni Hospital, from Dr to actual mammagram - 9 days. They have the very latest machine there all run by computer. Results were back in 1 week, and that was over the Christmas period.

I also saw an oncologist at the same hospital, just made an appointment at the desk and saw him 2 days later.

Very Happy

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
marionmitchell

Hi had a masectamy in uk 3 years ago i had a mammagram in lito clinic Jan this year app 5-0clock mammagram and results by 5-30 same day 35 cyprus Maria was brilliant
Marion
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:36 am Reply with quote
deedeepuss

Thank you for all of your replies, the information really does help.

Last year in the UK my mammogram was 2 months late, this year they have told me they are 5 months behind. When I was diagnosed I had an appointment to see the consultant because I had found a lump, they did a biopsy (which was so painful it made me cry and ask them to take the needle out, and I can usually stand the pain Crying or Very sad ), followed by the mammogram. I got my results within 45 minutes and they operated the following week. My friends and I have found that they are very good at initial diagnosis, but once your chemo and radiotherapy is over they seem to put you at the back of the queue. This can be quite distressing because whilst you are having the treatment you are around nurses and doctors to ask questions and get reassurance. Once the treatment is over and you are on your own, that's when you really need the support.

It sounds like I will be OK over there, it is good to know they have the equipment and facilities, just in case. Not that I am going to ever need them Smile

I hope all is well with everyone who has posted and knows someone that has been through treatment.

Take care
Dee
oncology 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
ramn

Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre, Nicosia

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre, Nicosia, is it government run or private?

Can you ring up and make an appointment or do you have to be sent by the Dr. I need to see an oncologist, but the ones here appear to always be on holiday!! LOL

Anyone know?

Kathy

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

I have found the info I requested online.

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:bIaVmTchUx0J:www.bococ.org.cy/english-pdf/english.pdf+Bank+of+Cyprus+Oncology+Centre&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3

kathy
Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre (BOCOC) 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Rapha

Sprry. Pnly just saw your posting and query about BOCOC.
I presume it was sset up by the Bank of Cyprus. If one is covered by Cypriot NHS, then consultations including mammographies are free. I found them excellent. they do not perform surgery.
Oncologist 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines