Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » jan123 Moving Diary
jan123 Moving Diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
jan123
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone
Finally !! we have a buyer and hopefully moving over about the 20th July. Our house in Paralimni is ready, Ron was over in April painting and sorting out, I am now getting quotes for the container and looking on this forum for general advice on everything else. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and I will keep this updated.

Jan

You can add your comments here:
http://easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=12663

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
jts

Jan
I sent you an e-mail. I am in Bradford

All the best for the move
Trevor
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Good Luck Jan - hope everything goes as planned.

Kay and David
Update 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:54 am Reply with quote
jan123

Thank you Ruth, hope I have done it right now

A bit stressed over the weekend had the buyers survey done, and then on Friday received the contracts along with another list of questions from the buyers solicitor all of which I have answered a least twice before,anyway after 2 hours of finding out receipts and papers I have finished and hopefully we sign contracts tomorrow. Got my 3 quotes and have decided to use Atlantic, although they are not the cheapest, they do all my packing and unpacking and I was impressed with them. I just have to give them 2 weeks notice. After talking to other people about it we have decided to put Dan into Xenion school. he started Greek Lessons this week, 45 mins a night, Ron is hoping that he will be able to continue his refereeing over there, he has contacted our local FA for a letter to bring over
Fingers crossed that these solicitors are sorted out for tomorrow, I'll let you know

Janet, Ron and Dan
Problems 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
jan123

Hi
things have come to a standstill, we have a problem with the airbricks from the conservatory to the living room, had to have a building inspector round yesterday and are waiting for his report. Fed up!! and thought I would have a moan

janet

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:33 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Jan

Don't worry Jan your solicitor will get everything sorted, these things happen. I am a conveyancer and I have never seen a survey report where there are no faults with the property. It may take a little longer but think positive. We have to ask so many questions as we have to cover ourselves, our clients and the mortgage lender. ( if there is a mortgage ) The majority of people don't realise we work for the client and the mortgage lender.

Have faith, things will work out.

Regards

Kay
Exchanged contracts finally 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote
jan123

Hi,
Everything is sorted, we thought it was going to fall through last week, due to a missing certificate for the gas boiler, but it arrived Monday and we exchanged the same afternoon, Shippers arrive on Wednesday so no computer after that untill our furniture arrives in Paralimni. We have managed to get a flat in Kapparis for 2 weeks and hope to fly on the 23rd.
saying goodbyes to parents this weekend.
Very excited, but nervous too
Hope to meet up with some of you when we get there
janet, Ron and Dan

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Janet,Ron and Dan

Wonderful news!!! We hope everything works out for you.

Safe journey.

Regards

Kay and David

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
joanne

hi
hope your move went well and you are settling in ok and coping with the hot weather.;

joanne

jan123 Moving Diary 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries