Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » best restaurants in Larnaca town. Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

Ban Thai reviewed in Cyprus Mail Seven Magazine.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
murf62
Pictures: 0

We went to Ban Thai last night and the food was excellent. The only downside is the Cypriot customers' need to smoke constantly throughout their meal. There is not really a no smoking area in the restaurant. It got even worse when the cigars came out (which they have a large selection of on the menu).
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

murf62 wrote:
We went to Ban Thai last night and the food was excellent. The only downside is the Cypriot customers' need to smoke constantly throughout their meal. There is not really a no smoking area in the restaurant. It got even worse when the cigars came out (which they have a large selection of on the menu).

That's one of the reasons I'm coming to Cyprus.
I'm fed up with all the PC can't do this,can't say that in the UK.

At least when they try to ban smoking in Cyprus many of the pubs and restaurant owners will totally ignore it.

Long live the banana republic !"
ps
I do agree that there should be non smoking areas and non smoking establishments BUT it should be at the discretion of the owner , not a bunch of do gooders and beaurocrats dictating to everyone !
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quote
murf62

Andrew Brooks wrote:
Then you are moving to the wrong place I'm afraid. Cyprus are part of Europe and within 10 years will be fully compliant so smoking WILL be banned in Cyprus whether people like it or not. They said it would be ignored in Ireland & Scotland but it wasn't. A few big fines and restauranteurs will soon comply.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

murf62 wrote:
Andrew Brooks wrote:
Then you are moving to the wrong place I'm afraid. Cyprus are part of Europe and within 10 years will be fully compliant so smoking WILL be banned in Cyprus whether people like it or not. They said it would be ignored in Ireland & Scotland but it wasn't. A few big fines and restauranteurs will soon comply.

Have you been to Spain recently ?
It is also the same in Germany.You go into a bar or restaurant and if they have ashtrays out you can smoke.
Can you really see the Cypriots being as compliant as the Brits ?
I don't think so.
In Cyprus, rules are made to be broken.
Double yellow lines on Larnaca sea front ? Cars everywhere and the police just drive past.
So who is going to actually enforce the ban ?

Could be a job oppotunity for a PC ex pat I suppose.Should be fun.
TGI burgers ? 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
alan99

planetgillrocks wrote:
The Brewery on the front is good. Portions huge.
TGI Fridays is good (althoough if you have been to one you have been to them all, if you know what I mean).

Gx

Hi

Last time I ate in TGI's on Larnaca seafront, in November, I (lets just say)
didnt like the taste of the burger meat on both my visits. (hoped it was just a one off ,but no) Had to leave it.
Anyone had a similar problem?

PS The Brewery is good , inc their burgers.

Alan

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo

citi bistro in Larnaca centre is also well worth a visit. Wide menu from snacks/salads/pasta dishes to excellent steaks. It's up the alleyway more or less opposite M&S or from the other direction from Mango's towards Flavor take the first left and you'll see it 200 yds down the road.

Tel: 24654545 or E:

Christine

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
PhilandJes

Hi Mark, (Charnwod Fox)

Cuckoos Nest!!! I'm glad to hear it's still there. Is it the same old guy that owns it, the one who looks ike Pinnochios dad, Jipetto??? I think he was called Andreas and his son is an architect called Yianis.

I used to dine there regularly as I worked in Cyprus for an Offshore Company but returned to the UK in 2000. We are moving to Larnaca once our house in Kent is sold so hopefully we shall be out there later this year.

Thanks for the postings!!!!

Phil

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

I too have had mixed thoughts on the cyprus beef burgers taste. Village Tavern in Pyla's Burgers are TO DIE FOR!! All made fresh homemade. Tons of toppings to choose from. I've noticed they have started live entertainment on Fridays and Sundays now. Caught a great duo last Sunday evening called "That Swing Thing" FAB GUYS!! Highly recommend catching them live if you get the chance. This Friday noticed they have karaoke and disco on the blackboard.
Sunday Lunch to die for too!

Post: #30   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
PhilandJes

Hi YHZTOLCA,

Must contact you when we get to Cyprus as I love the 'Swing Thing' style of music. You must let me know where this place in Oroklini is. I play the Jazz organ and would like to meet other 'Like minded' people for a possible Jazz/Swing session......maybe we could get a small swing band together.........?!?!?!?!

Thanks--------Phil and Jes

Post: #31   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca

Hi Phil & Jes, The Village Tavern Pyla is in Pyla.. next village over. It's just before the UN station and the big church and the mosque you can't miss it. The bar/restaurant itself has a retro feel to it. They have old b&w photos of all the old movie stars and musicians. That Swing Thing were brilliant. I reckon they will be booking them in again for another performance this summer. You must go up and meet the staff, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you when that swing thing will be playing again.
All the best

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

ronnie wrote:
hello paul,
go and try out the kalifatzia restaurant in larnaca. in my honest opinion, you will not be disappointed. from the beach front, go towards st. lazuros church, then take the left hand fork in the road, about 200yds on the left hand side and you will find it on the corner. happy eating and open all year round.

I can second that Ronnie ~ it's an excellent place to eat and as cheap as chips too compared to the sea front I often get my takeaways from there as I only live just round the corner.

It's a bit weird siting in the road with cars passing inches away but hey the foods good so it's worth it

Bill

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

bill wrote:
[It's a bit weird siting in the road with cars passing inches away but hey the foods good so it's worth it
Been there, done that, and if Vasos did them, I'd have worn the t-shirt. Wink (I think they should have tyre marks on them. Laughing )
As Bill said, excellent!
I had read somewhere that Vasos was thinking of selling up. Is this the case?

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #34   PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quote
PhilandJes

Thanks for the info yhztolca.

I will check it out when we get to Cyprus. At the moment our UK house
is on the market but once sold we move to Larnaca.

Phil & Jes.

Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

[quote="PhilandJes"]Hi YHZTOLCA,

Must contact you when we get to Cyprus as I love the 'Swing Thing' style of music. You must let me know where this place in Oroklini is. I play the Jazz organ and would like to meet other 'Like minded' people for a possible Jazz/Swing session......maybe we could get a small swing band together.........?!?!?!?!

Thanks--------Phil and Jes[/quote]

Hi Phil and Jes

I know the guys who do That Swing Thing, and im sure they would love to get together and have a swing session! Im sure that they are definitely going back to The Pyla Tavern.

By the way, we ate there, and the food is gorgeous, we sat inside and its a lovely atmosphere, and feels very cosy and stylish with all the old Rat Pack pictures and Marilyn Monroe etc. A lovely place, I would highly recommend it.

Kathy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
PhilandJes

Hi Kathy,

Many thanks for your reply and info. We will pay a visit when we get to Cyprus. Must get in touch with you again so as to get the details of exactly where the place is. I'm sure it will be easy enough to find though.
Maybe we could invite you round and you can laugh at me playing Jazzy Organ!!!

Take care and enjoy the weather.
Best wishes
Phil & Jes

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Will do! And I will hold you to that! Very Happy Very Happy

Kathy

Post: #38   PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quote
PhilandJes

OK Kathy,..........you're on!! At least we'll have a laugh.

Phil & Jes

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca

For those who were interested. That Swing Thing are performing this Sunday at The Village Tavern Pyla. Also Ross Neil is performing Saturday. That Swing Thing are fab, would highly recommend catching them perform if you ever get the chance.
best restaurants in Larnaca town. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area