Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Oroklini Fish Bar Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Mariag
Pictures: 0

Hi i'v eaten at Oroklini fish bars lots of times and i have to say i think its the best Very Happy
i have heard lots of positive comments about the chip shop.
pukka pies are lovely, their fish is delicious and the chips are to die for!!
has anyone had a pea fritter?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

had a pukka pie last weekend, not impressed.. Usually.. at a good chippy the pies and the fish are kept in 2 seperate compartments.. Oroklini Fish Bar does not do this and I hate to say it but my beef and onion pukka pie tasted like fish. The pastry had absorbed all the fish steam and stink and it was totally mingin'!! Threw the whole thing out. Chips were also cold this time. I only live not even 2 minutes away.. they couln't have gone cold that quick.

was not impressed my 2nd time around. Would return to Dhekelia Chippy next time.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:54 am Reply with quote
wellerman

Had pukka pie chips and peas and these were comparable to Cessac, wife said the fish wasn't as nice though.

Large battered sausage was very nice, and its only a 2 min drive away.

Will use this before cessac just because of convenience.

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Mariag

i've had pie and chips from there a few times now and the pies have NEVER smelt or tasted of fish, i am from north london and every chippy i have been to has had the food in the same display unit. maybe it was just the chippy you used to use. as long as they are apart from each other i dont see the problem. if the chips were cold then maybe you should mention it to the owner, i know that everytime either my self or my son have gone in there for food, there is always fresh chips cooking. i think its always a good idea to mention it in a nice manner and give people a second chance.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca

Lambros fish and chips have pies, sausages etc in one case and the fish all in the other. The one in Oroklini are all together which is why i'm assuming i got the horrible fish taste.. I'm not the 1st person who has complained about the "fishy" pastry. Also now that i'm posting again, the fish was totally different this past time as well.. it was more shaped like a sausage than a piece of fish last time we had it there, my fella didn't finish his at all cause he said it tasted different. I've given them quite a few chances, next time it's back to Lambros/cessac for sure. I've never had a bad one there.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #26   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

pukka pies = horrile frozen processed c**p Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca

so true paul1978.. so true!!

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Mariag

you cant compare lambros to the oroklini fish bar, lambros is a much bigger shop he has more space for equiptment.
its a shame you feel like that, i for 1 will carry on getting my take away from oroklini fish bar as i have found the food very nice.
pukka pies might be procced, but that has nothing to do with the chipshop, thats just individual taste.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:26 am Reply with quote
yhztolca

yes you're right it is individual taste.. and my personal individual taste does not incluce a pie that tastes of Cod! Friends from Uk are over at mo, they trying it out tonight. will give their review on here tomorrow.

Post: #30   PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Mariag

went to Oroklini fish bar tonight, had a lovely piece of cod, batter was perfect and chips piping hot

Post: #31   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am Reply with quote
yhztolca

Friends went the other night and hated it. Guess it's just down to personal taste at the end of the day.

Post: #32   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
murf62

Mariag wrote:
went to Oroklini fish bar tonight, had a lovely piece of cod, batter was perfect and chips piping hot

Did your cod taste of pie?

Post: #33   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

I think the defamatory comments about this business have gone on for far too long.
Some like the food, some don't. End of!!

After all, this is somebody's livelihood, people!!

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #34   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Knightmail
Pictures: 4

You are absolutely right Mark!
There does not seem to have be this amount of comments, good or bad about any other establishment.

Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

pukka pies are processed, and maybe estabishments have nothing to do with the making of the pie, but they choose to stock it and sell it. In my experience of the hospitality industry customers expect better and im sure would prefer a homemade pie.
im sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

a perfect example in cyprus, certainly the famagusta area is the chinese restaurants, they are bad for selling jars of sauces and passing it off as there own.
you could do this at home.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Oroklini Fish Bar 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area