Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Restaurants near the Palm Beach Hotel
Restaurants near the Palm Beach Hotel 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
alanmorton99
Pictures: 0

As its just over two weeks until we arrive to start our house hunting, I've spent most of the weekend trawling through this section looking for eateries near to the Palm Beach Hotel. Unfortunately, although I know its on the Dhekelia road I'm not sure how far out of town it is. So can anybody recommend any eateries within about 800m of it - Heather has arthritis and needs a stick so can't walk too far. Otherwise, anything a cheap(ish) taxi ride away.

Thanks

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
hackney33

We stayed at the Palm Beach when we came over a couple of years ago whilst our apartment was being built.
Hotel was great and you will have no problem finding a restaurant from there as there are plenty on the opposite side of the road as you come out of the hotel grounds.
We purchased at the other side of Larnaca but we always come back to the Dhekelia Road when we are over (in two weeks) to a lovely Italian called Casa Mia (facing the Palm Beach) and a restaurant called Kantara (100 yards from Palm Beach on the left).
Whatever your taste you are well catered for. Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
murf62

The ones mentioned above are good, also:

Masalas or Taj Pavilion for Indian
La Veranda, a bit expensive but best all rounder in the area
Marcos for Sunday roast
Cambanellas for excellent steaks
Aztecas not too bad (Mexican)

Ones I would personally avoid are:
Lily Wong Chinese
Vettrianos
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Restaurants near to the Palm Beach Hotel 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Jan
Pictures: 5

Hi,

If your wife can manage to get on a bus then it does stop more or less at the door of the hotel and goes into Larnaca. There on the promenade there are loads of restaurants facing the sea and all on the flat. So no problem for anything to eat at all. Hope you have a nice holiday.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote
Chris Mooney

Standing with your back to the Palm beach, virtually opposite is Alexis Steak house which is very good. Turn right from the hotel and about 1km on the right is Vlachos which is excellent, opposite Aztekas. IMHO one of the best value for money restaurants in the area.
Turning left from the hotel about 1km on the Right is the Black Orchid which is excellent for all round food but particularly for Sunday lunch.
If you want traditional Cypriot food Malitzies on Makenzie is also very good - particularly the lamb kleftico.
Advice - look where the locals eat? and avoid most of the touristy type places which include most on the Finikoudes (prom) in Larnaca.
HTH
Chris

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

I agree with Chris about Militzis on Piale Pasha, beyond the fort, but it is a bit of a trek from where the bus drops off. My favourite from theis menu: Sheeps Intestines. Not as bad as it sounds!

The Lysia on 'the Strip' (Larnaka/Dhekelia road) does (did) fairly traditional food when we were last in there.

The Coral Inn (Opp Princess Beach Hotel) is a place I can recommend.

To reiterate previous recommendations: Vlachos; Aztekas.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
alanmorton99

That's absolutely fabulous folks. Even she will be impressed by that list. I'm sure we'll find a good two or three and stick with them.
Hope to see some of you while we're over. If you spot us, say hello. I'm 6'1", short hair going grey, grey beard, glasses. Heather is 5'1", short brown hair going grey, walks with stick. Both about 14st. I'll be on the Keo, she'll be on wine or whisky/ginger ale.

Once again, Thanks

Alan & Heather

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

Happy to help.

Being an ex "arthro" I know exactly what she's going through.
Just recovering from my 5th hip op. Hopefully able to chuck the crutches in 7 days and 60 minutes. Not that I'm counting! Rolling Eyes

Qui docet discit.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
murf62

Charnwood Fox wrote:
Just recovering from my 5th hip op.

Are you a spider? Question

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

Never let it be said that I'm a crawler. Laughing

I'm recovering from the third operation on my left hip, the right one has been done twice.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Qui docet discit.
Restaurants near the Palm Beach Hotel 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area