Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Recommendation for Private Hospital/Clinic Larnaca?
Recommendation for Private Hospital/Clinic Larnaca? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote
lisalonglegs
Pictures: 0

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a private hospital or clinic in the Larnaca area?
Searching online I have only found St. Raphael - has anyone had any kind of treatment there? If so, what did you think?

As I've just found out I'm pregnant for the first time, I'm anxious to find a good ob/gyn asap & would really appreciate any advice board members can offer.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Gyne clinic 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quote
Chris Mooney

Hi
My wife had a hysterectomy this time last year at Savvides clinic, near the public amphitheatre in Larnaca.
Lots of locals use him and the care given to my wife was excellent.
He speaks excellent english but most of his nursing staff have limited english therefore making yourself understood to the nurses may be a problem.
If you want more details pm me.
Chris

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quote
carolinem

Lisa,
l have heard good reports from the St Raphael, and seen results.
l have nursed in the UK for 29 years and am very sceptical about the clinics here, having worked in 2 and quit both in a week, but l would try this one if needed.
Good luck
Caroline
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
private clinics in Cyprus 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
Rapha

Your comment is rather alarming! would you like to expand on it? I have no direct experience. during my year in Oroklini touristiki I was mercifully free of any health problems. However, one never knows and since I had planned to return to Cyprus i September beter to be prepared! thanks.
I saw the opening of St. Raphaela clinic in Larnaca on Cyprus TV and often passed in front of the building (behind Orphanides is it not?). It looks modern and efficient although never actually went inside.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

St. Raphaela clinic
A friend of ours had quite a major operation there last year and was full of praise for the clinic , the doctors and the nursing staff ~~ considering she's not a easy person to please that says a lot .

I visited every other night and must admit being nosey I had a good look round and was impressed .

The only problem of course is the cost but that's not a problem if you have insurance .

Bill
Agios Rafael/St. Rafael pivate clinic, Larnaca 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
Rapha

The information about the above clinic is interesting and helpful. It would be interesting to know the cost WITHOUT private insurance!

However, I was a bit alarmed by carolinem's comments about OTHER clinics in Cyprus!?

I believe/hope there are some good ones in P/limni?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Recommendation for Private Hospital/Clinic Larnaca? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines