Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » Solicitors Fees Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 am Reply with quote
andreavick
Pictures: 0

Hi, one of the cases that Louise is speaking about is myself. The lawyer would not send me a bill and i refused to pay until i knew what i was paying for. I even had a text on my phone stating that it was company policy not to issue invoices yet she still proceeded to sue me for an unpaid bill.

With a lot of help from Louise i had to admit defeat because my lawyer was the duty lawyer at larnaca court. The original amount was 250cyp however to drop the case she wanted 350cyp.

A further development that Louise does not know about is that my wife went to larnaca to pay the money, she told them that they were a bunch of cowboys and that no professional firm of lawyers would expect payment before a bill had been issued. The lawyer in question was not in the office, lucky for her, however even after the money had been paid thety still would not give my wife a bill because they had no record on the pc, no surprise, and they had no paper in the office with the lawyer's name on it!!!

They wanted my wife to go to larnaca court so that the lawyer could print something off from her laptop, my wife refused and requested that an invoice be sent to our address or a complaint would be made against the lawyer in question, the response was 'well that is up to you'. When my wife asked for a receipt for the money she had handed over they could not give her one because they did not have a receipt book? My wife refused to leave the office without one so it took 30 minutes to type one on the pc.

I have never come across such unprofessionalism in my life and as i have still not received anything in the post i will be making an official complaint. I never objected to paying all that i wanted was to know what i was paying for!

One thing i have learned is that the legal system on the most part is corrupt and you will never win so take the advice from Louise otherwise it will cost you a lot more money in the long run.

Kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
Louisez

Kevin - thanks for your kind words about us!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote
andreavick

No problem Louise, I wish i could say that my dealings with an honest and professional lawyer as yourself had restored my faith in the cypriot legal system but unfortunately i am still very bitter about the whole saga. One thing is for sure, when i come to buy land or property i will certainly be contacting you!
Solicitors Fees 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates