Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » GANGA INDIAN RESTAURANT, DHEKELIA ROAD, LARNACA- AWFUL!
GANGA INDIAN RESTAURANT, DHEKELIA ROAD, LARNACA- AWFUL! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed
Pictures: 0

Hi All

Just had takeaway from Ganga Indian Restaurant , off Dhekelia Road, in tourist area of Larnca and it was truly awful!

Had chicken dansak and it was as dry as a bone and the same, if not worse than a chicken curry out of a tin in England!

Had Lamb Saag, - lamb was okay, but just in a pureed Spinach with no spices!

Not cheap either- £14.50 pick up with rice and nan and certainly not worth the dollar- could have done better myself!

Have used Masalas for sit downon quite a few occasions and it has been good (not that authentic but nice food/service) and have had one meal and one takeaway before from Ganga and have found it expensive, but but adequate, but tonight it was a real joke- dried up chicken for £6.00!

I certainly will not be going back there!

Deano
Crying or Very sad
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

I've often thought about getting a take away from there but have never got round to it .

As my partner doesn't like Indian food there's no chance of her agreeing to a sit down meal So I've often considered a take away as it's not much fun sitting down to a meal alone.

After I've read you post I don't think I'll bother.

Bill
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
salopman
Pictures: 8

We went to Masalas with our friends from Xylofagou on my Birthday this year and everything was perfect, a very nice Meal in nice company and pleasant surroundings,my wife even had a Lebanese pudding and enjoyed it.
The food was hot,plentiful and served quickly but not rushed.
Paul
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

Hi
I agree with Masalas- have always had a nice meal there and Monday to Friday you can have a sit down £9.99 meal where you have poppadums, a starter and any choice of curry, rice and nan . Great value, great service and lovely surroundings.
I will certainly be getting any future takeaway from there and see if takeaway is as good! I will never go to Ganga again - the chicken was so dry , it was thrown away- like something out of a tin!!

DEano

PS At last found a decent CHinese in Larnaca - Lai China Town on Makarios Avenue- also do free delivery to most areas- the food was superb for a sit down- beef was melt in mouth and staff very friendly and pleasant.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010

hi to you all, i flew into lca airport from scotland one night, i was hungry so i decided to go the ganga. i asked for a chicken vindaloo and keema pilau rice with a nan bread. when the waiter came with the bag and its contents, i decided to have a look inside the bag. to my amazment, i saw one large container and a smaller one. i looked further into the contents. the large container was half full of rice, i looked into the small container and i was really amazed, it too was half full. i did'nt ask the waiter, i told him that no way in this world was i paying 12cyp for that amount of food. i then went on to tell him, that i wanted more sauce with my chicken vindaloo. he told me no problem, and took the carrier back through to the kitchen area. with the layout of the inside the ganga, i looked through the window to the kitchen, and i actually saw the waiter pouring hot water from a kettle into my sauce container, and then he took it back out to me. i said to him, that i had just seen what you did with my curry. he denied it, and i told him to shove it where the sun dont shine, walked out and never been back. ronnie
ps. by the way, i love my indian food

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

That's a disgrace!! Pouring water from kettle to make it more of a sauce!
Gordon Ramsey would have flipped his lid!

Seriously, first time i went there i asked if i could have a nan instead of rice with a main meal (every main meal comes with rice included- which is why they are CY£6.50 a dish, but they refused even though nan is cheaper!)

We got one anyway as Masalas were a long wait for takeaway and it was okay but i vowed never to go back because of their inability to be flexible with a customer- we decided to give them a second chance last weekend, but NEVER AGAIN- one to avoid- although unbelievably it always seems busy!!!

Masalas- ive never had a bad meal sit down and will see what their takeaway is like.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
bbc

been to masalas couple of times, and no complaints.
lots of people we know love this one.
never tried the other because never heard anyone say a good word and on other forums there were several bad posts, but thanks for your review- pouring boiling water is a disgrace, they know they have a monopoly because there isnt a wide choice of indian restaurants, but i feel such disgraceful conduct should be boycotted and word will definitely spread around!!
Crying or Very sad

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
MAXWELL

That was pretty disgraceful pouring hot water into the container , I often though about going there for a meal , don`t think I will now and tell friends not to also . Sad
I went to the FOURNI Resturant in Liopetri last week and was very impressed with the Food and Ambience of the whole place , in the centre they have a very large Aquarium with an Eel and Lobster and this little Crab which kept running around it was very interesting to say the least , I was so impressed I told them I would mention them on the Forum , so if you fancy it go there and say Max sent you so they would`nt think I was telling them Fibs , Enjoy yourselves
Maxwell Very Happy

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
evo

Hi All.
Where is Masalas indian please.

Steve.
GANGA INDIAN RESTAURANT, DHEKELIA ROAD, LARNACA- AWFUL! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area