Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » English bulldog Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

JimPernera wrote:
Hi All, why a bulldog?.....

I must admit that it's not my first choice of dog but they certainliy have character, last week my friend and I were cleaning our bikes when his Bulldog decided to "mate" with us, after pushing him away a couple of times I put a big damp towel over his head, it took him ages to get it off and was hilarious watching, the next thing I know I was gagging for breath as the dog had done a cow sized c**p right in front of the front wheel, as we packed up and moved the bikes I swear that damn dog was smiling at us! Twisted Evil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

Wellll....you can't say I didn't warn you Laughing Laughing Laughing
No, you could, I was giving the good points and you didn't realise it Wink

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie
Pictures: 0

Hi Jen, please dont think we were having a go at you or about the breed, its just how we feel about dogs and their welfare. I'm sure you have given it a lot of thought and if thats the breed you want, then that is the only thing that matters and not what we say.

As to my being devoted to my Golden Retriever, well you are right. I have had other breeds, I have had a poodle a little darling, then I have had a LLewyllnne Setter, not sure if Ive spelt that right, then I rescued 3 German Shepherds which I kept but not all at once and I rehomed others that were the right temprement to pass on. So yes I have had other breeds.
I think why I am so for my Goldie is that she is the only one that I have brought up from a puppy totally on my own following the death of my husband and my girls settled in their own homes. She is funny, loving, highly intelligent, highly active, obedient, entertaining and most of all she is my best friend.
So Jen, good luck with your chosen breed and I hope that you can enjoy your chosen pet as much as I do mine.......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
allsorts

hi jen
hope u find your english bull terrier over in cyprus i think it should be fine you can always put sun cream on especially on its face where they are very pink because they can get sunburnt but like you know a dog will go in the shade or anywhere to keep cool In Tub good luck with your search and let us know if you get one
sammi
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Hi Jen, as Sammi says they do have pink areas on their faces and to put suncream on. Now this may sound daft to a non dog owner, but if you go into Petsmart in the UK, they sell total sunblock for dogs and cats. It comes in a fairly large tube and costs aroung the 3 mark. I get one every year for my Goldie's nose........Maggie Larnaca

Hair doos! 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
robovercyprus

Hi

On the subject of dogs can anyone recomend a good 'Barber' for woody. He is my Collie cross and i have been told it would benefit him a great deal to be trimmed can anyone help with this?

Thanks Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Hi robovercyprus. It all depends on where you live, if you are here around the Larnaca area I can help, but not elsewhere.
Yes your dog will most certainly benefit from being trimmed for the summer. I have my Retriever done around the middle of May with the clippers on the highest setting but I leave her tail unclipped. I hate having her done as she looks gorgeous in full coat, but it just isnt fair to expect them to suffer because we like what they look like in the winter. In fact she looks like a Lab with a fluffy tail after she has been clipped...lol......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

Hi Jen, there is an advert in the Cyprus mail as follows:
2 Female and 1 male AKC registered English Bulldog Pups 9 weeks. Come with vet record, first set of shots, wormed. Puppy also comes with 100% good health. For more information contact me via this email address below:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

I don't know how long the advert has been running. Good luck with it if you haven't already got one. regards, Jim.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

I spoke to my friend who has the Bulldog and it was a gift from his nephew, still trying to find out where he got it from.

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

The recently opened pet shop in 1st April St Paralimni sent out a flyer not long back advertising British Bulldogs for sale.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
lorna/gez

Laughing just to let you know that piggy is istill at the Spectrum Bar in Pernera. we were there july and yes she still the same, the boss. but what a dog hey, in her owners words, looks like a pig sounds like a pig and eats like a pig but they love her to death!

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quote
TrevnChell

The pet shop on 1st april street in paralimni imports English bulldogs into cyprus but he doesnt stock them all the time so it may be worth going in to see him or i can send you his telephone number if you like. When i looked for my Rottweiler puppy we went into every pet shop asking if they can locate a breeder as lots of it is word of mouth.

My friend brought a bull dog puppy from Nicosia and she copes with the heat by soaking babys vests in cold water and putting these on her and it seems to work fine.

Good luck with the hunt.
Chell

Post: #33   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
carolinem

Jen,
You can order a bulldog puppy from the pet shop in Larnaca, opposite marks & sparks sorry don't know the name and l'm always in there!!!
They are 800. Sorry you feel people are negative but l have now 2 cyprus poodles one being only 25 days old, not my choice of dog but desperately needing a home and my dog is wonderful, l just hope the puppy is later Laughing
CJ

Post: #34   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie
Pictures: 6

It's called "Love Birds Pets Ltd", tel 24-642030

Good luck

Sue

Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
potbellypig2

Hi Jen,

Did you find a breeder or get a bulldog puppy? I am also looking for one and would be grateful if you had any numbers i could use to contact someone - Thanks Philippa

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

English bulldog 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus