Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 
Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11264
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
I see this document was printed at the beginning of August? Confused

How strange, because I'm sure that Boris Johnson told us, last month, that this was an 'old' report which had no relevance to the current situation!!

Not like ol' Boris to be economical with the truth!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, one can see now why Leadsom thought people might be "concerned" about its contents! Rolling Eyes


And exactly how,long do you think it takes to put a document of this type Together? Overnight?. “What If” planning is common in any business and it is prudent to do so, better to be prepared for the worst case rather than caught with your trousers down. But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a bit of “Boris Bashing”, sorry the operative word there being common sense...which with some seems not to apply.


Surely that's a contradiction of terms.

Boris and Common sense.

Oh I wasn’t applying the term to Boris...


At Last you admit Boris has not got any common sense.


You can rad can’t you? 🙄


I can, but you can't spell. Laughing

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #22   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:


An interesting comment on page 1, second paragraph, suggesting that the EU commission is not supportive of Member States coming to bi lateral agreements with the UK after Brexit.


The EU negotiates with other states on their members' behalf - they don't do negotiations independently.


And your “beliefs” have just summed up why the UK wishes to leave the UK, well done. And point of order, Member states are permitted to strike bilateral agreements, Cyprus just concluded one with the UK in regard to tax arrangements, remember?


Yes, one EU country has agreed a taxation deal with another EU country and personal taxation isn't covered by the EU regulations.

It is a simple fact (I know you believe that facts get in the way of what your beliefs) that the EU does negotiate on behalf of its members.

For example, the EU is in talks with the UK on behalf of the sovereign member states of the EU.

I don't understand why you suppose that body representing over half a billion people will be outdone by a country with a population of 65 million will have the upper hand and, consider it be be a positive - could you explain it to me, please?

Who gets a better deal when buying Fairy Liquid - you or Tesco?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
'Operation Yellowhammer'?

All this came out 4 years ago!

When did they rename 'Project Fear'?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Kwacka wrote:
'Operation Yellowhammer'?

All this came out 4 years ago!

When did they rename 'Project Fear'?


Good evening Kwacka.

Well, you can keep singing the same old song, of scorn and sarcasm as much as you want but it doesn’t change the fact that’s exactly what it was. A concerted effort of blatant lying by the top tier of government, the civil service, big business and elements of the media (to name a few) aimed at scaring the electorate into voting to stay in the EU. It had the exact opposite effect then as I suspect it ultimately will this time.

Yellowhammer is a worse case contingency planning exercise.

The genie’s out of it’s bottle and it’s never going back.

But you know that of course.

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6633
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
clive of payia wrote:
Is there a "Redhammer" Document on the worst case scenario of staying in the EU?


If there was it would be very, very brief! Rolling Eyes

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1120
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:


An interesting comment on page 1, second paragraph, suggesting that the EU commission is not supportive of Member States coming to bi lateral agreements with the UK after Brexit.


The EU negotiates with other states on their members' behalf - they don't do negotiations independently.


And your “beliefs” have just summed up why the UK wishes to leave the UK, well done. And point of order, Member states are permitted to strike bilateral agreements, Cyprus just concluded one with the UK in regard to tax arrangements, remember?


Yes, one EU country has agreed a taxation deal with another EU country and personal taxation isn't covered by the EU regulations.

It is a simple fact (I know you believe that facts get in the way of what your beliefs) that the EU does negotiate on behalf of its members.

For example, the EU is in talks with the UK on behalf of the sovereign member states of the EU.

I don't understand why you suppose that body representing over half a billion people will be outdone by a country with a population of 65 million will have the upper hand and, consider it be be a positive - could you explain it to me, please?

Who gets a better deal when buying Fairy Liquid - you or Tesco?


I believe every EU MS is allowed to negotiate its own bilateral agreements, or does that go against your EUSSR beliefs? So please stick your facts quite frankly where the sun does not shine. And in regard to why? Should individual sovereign states in the EU negotiate with the EU? Because in some cases, Spain for example, they get huge revenue from UK expats and tourists...oh and oerhaps Cyprus and Malta and..

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1120
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
I see this document was printed at the beginning of August? Confused

How strange, because I'm sure that Boris Johnson told us, last month, that this was an 'old' report which had no relevance to the current situation!!

Not like ol' Boris to be economical with the truth!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, one can see now why Leadsom thought people might be "concerned" about its contents! Rolling Eyes


And exactly how,long do you think it takes to put a document of this type Together? Overnight?. “What If” planning is common in any business and it is prudent to do so, better to be prepared for the worst case rather than caught with your trousers down. But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a bit of “Boris Bashing”, sorry the operative word there being common sense...which with some seems not to apply.


Surely that's a contradiction of terms.

Boris and Common sense.

Oh I wasn’t applying the term to Boris...


At Last you admit Boris has not got any common sense.


You can rad can’t you? 🙄


I can, but you can't spell. Laughing


I was just checking Cap’n

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #28   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:16 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11264
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
I see this document was printed at the beginning of August? Confused

How strange, because I'm sure that Boris Johnson told us, last month, that this was an 'old' report which had no relevance to the current situation!!

Not like ol' Boris to be economical with the truth!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, one can see now why Leadsom thought people might be "concerned" about its contents! Rolling Eyes


And exactly how,long do you think it takes to put a document of this type Together? Overnight?. “What If” planning is common in any business and it is prudent to do so, better to be prepared for the worst case rather than caught with your trousers down. But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a bit of “Boris Bashing”, sorry the operative word there being common sense...which with some seems not to apply.


Surely that's a contradiction of terms.

Boris and Common sense.

Oh I wasn’t applying the term to Boris...


At Last you admit Boris has not got any common sense.


You can rad can’t you? 🙄


I can, but you can't spell. Laughing


I was just checking Cap’n



Wink

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #29   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:

I believe every EU MS is allowed to negotiate its own bilateral agreements, or does that go against your EUSSR beliefs? So please stick your facts quite frankly where the sun does not shine. And in regard to why? Should individual sovereign states in the EU negotiate with the EU? Because in some cases, Spain for example, they get huge revenue from UK expats and tourists...oh and oerhaps Cyprus and Malta and..


MS?

Microsoft?
Multiple Sclerosis?
Master of Science?
Marks & Spencer?
Mississippi?

You've seen that May & BJ can't negotiate with Merkel, Macron, et al, and only this week the Taiseac siad that he couldn't negotiate with BJ as that was the role of the EU - but you refuse to accept what is patently obvious.

Individual sovereign states in the EU do negotiate with other independent sovereign states - it's a democratic body (remember the EU elections?). They negotiate in the EU Parliament and Council of Ministers.

I don't think that Malta negotiates with Thomas Cook's over what tourists pay, I think that's where the free market comes in.

Quote:
fact
noun

something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fact

It doesn't matter where you 'shove ' facts, and it doesn't matter whether they're my facts , your facts, BJ,s facts, or ER's facts - even if it appears that some people don't understand what 'facts' are, FACTS ARE FACTS, they're beyond dispute - but there are Conway's 'alternative facts' which quite rightly attracted ridicule


_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #30   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
'Operation Yellowhammer'?

All this came out 4 years ago!

When did they rename 'Project Fear'?


Good evening Kwacka.

Well, you can keep singing the same old song, of scorn and sarcasm as much as you want but it doesn’t change the fact that’s exactly what it was. A concerted effort of blatant lying by the top tier of government, the civil service, big business and elements of the media (to name a few) aimed at scaring the electorate into voting to stay in the EU. It had the exact opposite effect then as I suspect it ultimately will this time.

Yellowhammer is a worse case contingency planning exercise.

The genie’s out of it’s bottle and it’s never going back.

But you know that of course.


Why was the worst case scenario rubbished 4 years ago, by BJ, Farage, Gove, et al but isn't rubbish now?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #31   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Kwacka wrote:
Why was the worst case scenario rubbished 4 years ago, by BJ, Farage, Gove, et al but isn't rubbish now?


What did you say in response to one of my posts - oh yes - "D'oh!" Wink

Because Project Fear wasn't presented as worse case it was presented as an authoritative and sober assessment of the outcome of a leave vote by the likes of the Treasury, CBI, etc. and broadcast to the UK electorate as such by the Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The paper you try to equate it with is merely one of a range of guesses. This hysteria producing effort - a worst possible outcome. They are chalk and cheese.

I wonder though, whether both were written by the same people? Think Laughing

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #32   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Why was the worst case scenario rubbished 4 years ago, by BJ, Farage, Gove, et al but isn't rubbish now?


What did you say in response to one of my posts - oh yes - "D'oh!" Wink

Because Project Fear wasn't presented as worse case it was presented as an authoritative and sober assessment of the outcome of a leave vote by the likes of the Treasury, CBI, etc. and broadcast to the UK electorate as such by the Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The paper you try to equate it with is merely one of a range of guesses. This hysteria producing effort - a worst possible outcome. They are chalk and cheese.

I wonder though, whether both were written by the same people? Think Laughing


Much of Project Fear was presented as possibilities, "running the risk", etc that's what I understood, at least but condemned anyway.

I think it likely the worst-case scenarios reported in Project Fear & Operation Yellowhammer were written by the same people - civil servants.

Today BJ reckons it's "sensible precautions".

And yes, I did use the comment 'D'oh' when you said that Bercow was appointed by Brown (something about a desparate act, IIRC) when the Speaker of the House of Commons is voted in by the sitting MPs . He was therefore voted in in 2009, and again in 2017.

His predecessor stood down because he was under attack. Plus ca change, eh?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #33   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25225
Pictures: 55

 
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:

I believe every EU MS is allowed to negotiate its own bilateral agreements, or does that go against your EUSSR beliefs? So please stick your facts quite frankly where the sun does not shine. And in regard to why? Should individual sovereign states in the EU negotiate with the EU? Because in some cases, Spain for example, they get huge revenue from UK expats and tourists...oh and oerhaps Cyprus and Malta and..


MS?

Microsoft?
Multiple Sclerosis?
Master of Science?
Marks & Spencer?
Mississippi?


Member State - I win Wink

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #34   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
DAC
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 6891
Pictures: 9

 
As one commentator said...

'Every time you get on a plane you receive a Flight Safety Brief that is based upon a Worst Case Scenario, but having had the briefing, how many people then get off the plane'?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #35   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
DAC
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 6891
Pictures: 9

 
Worst Case Scenarios are something that all sensible people/companies/organisations base parts of their plans on as to not do so would be reckless. When we planned for Military Operations 95% of training was always based upon a "Worst Case Scenario" much like the Police, NHS and other Emergency Services always prepare for the worst case scenarios. In fact, it was only about two months before the London Bombings in 2005 that in conjunction with the Met Police, The Rescue Services and Ambulance Services that we (the Army in London) had run a weeks worth of full scale worst case scenario planning for a major terrorist incident and can you imagine the public outcry and outrage if we hadn't!

The problem here is that the Anti-Brexit groups are running riot with this and trying to dramatise it to the maximum so as to fuel project fear even more.

As for more Project Fear being debunked...

Caller Who Used To Run Port Of Dover On What No-Deal Brexit Will Really Mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggHsc0LvyI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #36   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:26 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1120
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:

I believe every EU MS is allowed to negotiate its own bilateral agreements, or does that go against your EUSSR beliefs? So please stick your facts quite frankly where the sun does not shine. And in regard to why? Should individual sovereign states in the EU negotiate with the EU? Because in some cases, Spain for example, they get huge revenue from UK expats and tourists...oh and oerhaps Cyprus and Malta and..


MS?

Microsoft?
Multiple Sclerosis?
Master of Science?
Marks & Spencer?
Mississippi?


Member State - I win Wink

Cheers

Steve


Correct...and that’s a Fact....

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #37   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
DAC wrote:
Worst Case Scenarios are something that all sensible people/companies/organisations base parts of their plans on as to not do so would be reckless. When we planned for Military Operations 95% of training was always based upon a "Worst Case Scenario" much like the Police, NHS and other Emergency Services always prepare for the worst case scenarios. In fact, it was only about two months before the London Bombings in 2005 that in conjunction with the Met Police, The Rescue Services and Ambulance Services that we (the Army in London) had run a weeks worth of full scale worst case scenario planning for a major terrorist incident and can you imagine the public outcry and outrage if we hadn't!

The problem here is that the Anti-Brexit groups are running riot with this and trying to dramatise it to the maximum so as to fuel project fear even more.


Good to see that you agree with Alistar Darling, when he said ""Project Fear? In fact, it is a reality check. The kind anyone would take before making such an enormous decision in their lives."

I'm just glad about that 350 million a week going to the NHS, the great deal that was made the day after the referendum, the ease with which the UK left the EU, that 80 million Turks haven't arrived in the UK, and all the other promises made by Project Pink Unicorns.

DAC wrote:
As for more Project Fear being debunked...

Caller Who Used To Run Port Of Dover On What No-Deal Brexit Will Really Mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggHsc0LvyI


If you look hard enough, you'll find someone who will back up your hypothesis - the intelligent way is to find some way of disproving it, if you can't then you know that it holds water at that time.

For example, right-wing loons were promulgating the story that Hitler was a socialist. Shocked

Who did they cite as a leading light in this ridiculous idea? An Australian dentist.

BTW, pity the bloke on LBC ran the port of Dover's customs. Laughing :

"There is an issue on the import side".

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 6891
Pictures: 9

 
Kwacka wrote:


If you look hard enough, you'll find someone who will back up your hypothesis - the intelligent way is to find some way of disproving it, if you can't then you know that it holds water at that time.



Quite easy to prove then...

‘House prices will plummet’
In May 2016, then-chancellor George Osborne warned leaving the EU could cause a drop in house prices of 18%

The punishment budget
George Osborne claimed that we'd need an immediate emergency budget.

Anna Soubry
Claimed a recession would occur simply by a vote to Leave.

Guest Remoaner Barack Obama
Britain would be at 'the back of the queue' for a US trade deal

Britain would be at 'the back of the queue' for a US trade deal

Are these lies disproved then?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #39   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
DAC wrote:
Kwacka wrote:


If you look hard enough, you'll find someone who will back up your hypothesis - the intelligent way is to find some way of disproving it, if you can't then you know that it holds water at that time.


Quite easy to prove then...

‘House prices will plummet’
In May 2016, then-chancellor George Osborne warned leaving the EU could cause a drop in house prices of 18%


UK is still in the EU

DAC wrote:
The punishment budget
George Osborne claimed that we'd need an immediate emergency budget.

Clearly he was wrong.

DAC wrote:
Anna Soubry
Claimed a recession would occur simply by a vote to Leave.

She was wrong.

But everything is going so swimmingly with the economy since the vote, hasn't it?

DAC wrote:
Guest Remoaner Barack Obama
Britain would be at 'the back of the queue' for a US trade deal


1. this has been repeated by Pompeo.
2. UK will have to accept EU terms if they want a trade deal

DAC wrote:
Are these lies disproved then?


Two have, two are yet to be shown to be true or false.

But you might like this for future reference - tick each one off as it's fulfilled:

Your cut-out-and-keep list of top 19 Brexiteer promises

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #40   PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11264
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
DAC wrote:
Worst Case Scenarios are something that all sensible people/companies/organisations base parts of their plans on as to not do so would be reckless. When we planned for Military Operations 95% of training was always based upon a "Worst Case Scenario" much like the Police, NHS and other Emergency Services always prepare for the worst case scenarios. In fact, it was only about two months before the London Bombings in 2005 that in conjunction with the Met Police, The Rescue Services and Ambulance Services that we (the Army in London) had run a weeks worth of full scale worst case scenario planning for a major terrorist incident and can you imagine the public outcry and outrage if we hadn't!

The problem here is that the Anti-Brexit groups are running riot with this and trying to dramatise it to the maximum so as to fuel project fear even more.

As for more Project Fear being debunked...

Caller Who Used To Run Port Of Dover On What No-Deal Brexit Will Really Mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggHsc0LvyI



I agree with that.

But please tell me, why was it that when the Remain camp (if you like) were saying all these things for the past three years it was Project fear and scaremongering by the Remainers.

Now all of a sudden because the latest scenario is put forward by the Pro Brexit Cabinet it is classed as worst case scenario. And by you Military experts as normal practice to be prepared.

Remembering of course you have been at the forefront along with Hudswell and COP of accusing Remainers of using the above scenario
as scaremongering.

Please explain the difference.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 2 of 3  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Operation #Yellowhammer #Report #Details



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version