Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » UK Parliament to shut down today until October Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Re: Such Repartee!! 
Post: #101   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Pictures: 0

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing

Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?

Yes, thank you! Cool

Come on Tibbsy, be fair, it’s early and his “Medication” probably hasn’t kicked in yet...😉

There's nothing like a well thought out, intelligent, witty riposte!
And that was nothing like a............ Cool Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Such Repartee!! 
Post: #102   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:09 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

sugarray1955 wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing

Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?

Yes, thank you! Cool

Come on Tibbsy, be fair, it’s early and his “Medication” probably hasn’t kicked in yet...😉

There's nothing like a well thought out, intelligent, witty riposte!
And that was nothing like a............ Cool Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rats! Beat me to it. Sad

Post: #103   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:21 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?

Given that they seem to have blocked Brexit until at least the end of January it's difficult to see what it is they would be burning the midnight oil talking about.

Post: #104   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Steve - SJD wrote:
scottie wrote:
Looks like the Scottish courts have scuppered his plan !!!
Hope not too many took off for sunnier shores on the meantime . Because it looks like the five week holiday may be curtailed lol

These days nothing can be taken for granted - an appeal is to be heard on
Tuesday at the English Supreme Court - which I believe has already made
one ruling that it was legal in the recent case brought by Gina Miller.

What's the odds that the Scottish Court rules it unlawful and the English
Court rules it lawful - what a strange constitutional mess that would make Shocked

Cheers

Steve

Just to add to the mix. A third legal attempt has been rejected by the Belfast court as “Unmistakably political”.

Post: #105   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?

Given that they seem to have blocked Brexit until at least the end of January it's difficult to see what it is they would be burning the midnight oil talking about.

I must be missing something . At times when the business I was on got in a fix it was all hands on deck .
Surely if they stopped behaving like children and genuinely discussed this mess like adults it could be sorted.
I don't know , nor do I care what normal procedure is , that's out the window at times like these ?
However as I say , I'm probably missing something 🙅
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #106   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:

I must be missing something . At times when the business I was on got in a fix it was all hands on deck .
Surely if they stopped behaving like children and genuinely discussed this mess like adults it could be sorted.
I don't know , nor do I care what normal procedure is , that's out the window at times like these ?

And you have just hit the nail on the head, behaving like children, and hopefully when Parliament is reconvened, and perhaps, just perhaps the negotiations have had a chance to negotiate then there will be something tangible for the MPs to discuss, because at the moment, rather than waiting for the full meal, they haggle over morsels.

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #107   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Hudswell wrote:
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:

And you have just hit the nail on the head, behaving like children, and hopefully when Parliament is reconvened, and perhaps, just perhaps the negotiations have had a chance to negotiate then there will be something tangible for the MPs to discuss, because at the moment, rather than waiting for the full meal, they haggle over morsels.

I don't think Boris is interested in Negotiations.

He want's a No Deal.

I hope I am wrong.

The problem is actually at the fault of the Brexit MP's if you think about it.

I believe the Brexit MP's out vote the Remainers.

But many of them want to leave with a Deal and realise that a No deal is bad for the UK. So they vote with the Remainers to stop a No Deal, or until a deal is acceptable to all Brexit MP's.

Post: #108   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

mouse wrote:

Clearly, from recent events and from what happened to May - that ain't the case. Confused

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #109   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:

Clearly, from recent events and from what happened to May - that ain't the case. Confused

I've never really believed it will happen

Post: #110   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:

I've never really believed it will happen

I think, despite all the frantic fighting (really, it’s a non-violent civil war) that the UK leaving the EU is inevitable now. Whether you and I will be around to see it is another matter. Very Happy Wink

Post: #111   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Mr Tibbs wrote:
mouse wrote:

Try reading the last line of my quote.

Post: #112   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Could run as long as the Cyprus " problem " 😂😂😂😂

Post: #113   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:39 am Reply with quote
spanner

scottie wrote:
Could run as long as the Cyprus " problem " 😂😂😂😂

God forbid!