Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Lying or being economical with the truth.
Lying or being economical with the truth. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

Boris has been accused of lying to HM. Which he denies.

He said he wanted to Prorogue Parliament to prepare for HM's speech. No doubt that is true since he would need time for the Civil Service to provide back-up information for the proposed delivery of all his spurious 'plans'.

He said time was needed for Union and Party Conferences. No doubt that was/is also true .

However I seem to remember a Court oath which includes the phrase: "I promise to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth......(and nothing but the truth)"

And I suspect the minions who went to see HM 'forgot' to say Boris would also like to put a spanner in the works (thankfully not 'our Spanner') to prevent any continued Brexit debate in Parliament at this critical time.

So not a lie, but perhaps a deliberate omission from 'the WHOLE truth?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Lying or being economical with the truth. 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Pictures: 0

journo wrote:

He said he wanted to Prorogue Parliament to prepare for HM's speech. No doubt that is true since he would need time for the Civil Service to provide back-up information for the proposed delivery of all his spurious 'plans'.

He said time was needed for Union and Party Conferences. No doubt that was/is also true .

However I seem to remember a Court oath which includes the phrase: "I promise to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth......(and nothing but the truth)"

And I suspect the minions who went to see HM 'forgot' to say Boris would also like to put a spanner in the works (thankfully not 'our Spanner') to prevent any continued Brexit debate in Parliament at this critical time.

I actually think that Her Majesty has been around long enough and is astute enough to have seen though Boris, and the furore surrounding the Proroging of Parliament is being stirred up by a frenzied press and those parties, MPs who would wish the UK to remain in the EU. Do you really think the Queen is not fully aware of the debacle which is Brexit? You do her no justice.

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Hudswell wrote:
journo wrote:

I actually think that Her Majesty has been around long enough and is astute enough to have seen though Boris,
and the furore surrounding the Proroging of Parliament is being stirred up by a frenzied press and those parties, MPs who would wish the UK to remain in the EU. Do you really think the Queen is not fully aware of the debacle which is Brexit? You do her no justice.

So he is Lying then.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

There's a lot of "Boris the liar" herebouts nowadays. All part of a bog standard character assassination campaign that's been going on for some time. The NHS bus court case. Carrie Symonds. The "don't tell the Foreign Secretary anything" Chinese whispers. Now let's try this.

I'm not disputing that he's lied about things in the past, some of which have gotten him the sack from various jobs. But what's it all about? His extramarital affairs? (Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Clinton, Paddy Ashdown, Berlusconi, et al?) Liverpool? His Godfather? So what? Who gives a toss? Frankly, I can't take it seriously. Compared to the likes of Corbyn's (much preferred by some it seems) well documented and major sins it's small beer.

Meanwhile. You don't have to look too far to find out how Tony Blair has been very politically active at the moment, doing everything he can to undermine Brexit. He (with the help of Mandelson) has been instrumental in forming the current opposition coalition (boy does our Tone like coalitions). He's clearly been pulling the strings of the Blairites in the Labour party. Witness his "elephant trap" speech just before Corbyn changed from asking 50 times this year for a General Election to denying the country one. He's a frequent visitor to Brussels, where he's been advising them on how to fight Brexit.

How many UK servicemen died because of the Blair's lies? How many Iraqi servicemen. How many civilians? Blair's complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and one of the architects of all the destruction throughout the ME that's resulted since.

In the context of Brexit, not a mention though. Why? Because he's one of the strongest and (behind the scenes) most influential advocates of remaining in the EU. You're a bunch of rank hypocrites.

Boris's lies - give us a break. Rolling Eyes

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Mr Tibbs wrote:
There's a lot of "Boris the liar" herebouts nowadays. All part of a bog standard character assassination campaign that's been going on for some time. The NHS bus court case. Carrie Symonds. The "don't tell the Foreign Secretary anything" Chinese whispers. Now let's try this.

I'm not disputing that he's lied about things in the past, some of which have gotten him the sack from various jobs. But what's it all about? His extramarital affairs? (Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Clinton, Paddy Ashdown, Berlusconi, et al?) Liverpool? His Godfather? So what? Who gives a toss? Frankly, I can't take it seriously. Compared to the likes of Corbyn's (much preferred by some it seems) well documented and major sins it's small beer.

Meanwhile. You don't have to look too far to find out how Tony Blair has been very politically active at the moment, doing everything he can to undermine Brexit. He (with the help of Mandelson) has been instrumental in forming the current opposition coalition (boy does our Tone like coalitions). He's clearly been pulling the strings of the Blairites in the Labour party. Witness his "elephant trap" speech just before Corbyn changed from asking 50 times this year for a General Election to denying the country one. He's a frequent visitor to Brussels, where he's been advising them on how to fight Brexit.

How many UK servicemen died because of the Blair's lies? How many Iraqi servicemen. How many civilians? Blair's complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and one of the architects of all the destruction throughout the ME that's resulted since.

In the context of Brexit, not a mention though. Why? Because he's one of the strongest and (behind the scenes) most influential advocates of remaining in the EU. You're a bunch of rank hypocrites.

Good attempt at a Deflection tibby. Wink

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Good attempt at a Deflection tibby. Wink

How? Johnson's criticised for his lies daily in here. Show me one criticism of Blair - who's been as active and influential as anybody on the opposition side and who's lies have left the blood of thousands on his hands. You can't.

In the cause of remaining in the EU, any sin's tolerable. The whole remainer affair from the beginning has been one mass of hypocrisy.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Mr Tibbs wrote:

yes, I agree.

You can believe every word that comes out of his mouth - especially when he says things about 'old papers' and no plans for prorogation.

BTW, Corbyn is still saying he wants an election, but he doesn't trust Johnson to keep his word.

Why keep dragging Blair into your arguments? Everybody knows what happened, nobody condones it, but for some reason you condone BJ's lies because TB did it.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Kwacka wrote:
yes, I agree.

You can believe every word that comes out of his mouth - especially when he says things about 'old papers' and no plans for prorogation.

BTW, Corbyn is still saying he wants an election, but he doesn't trust Johnson to keep his word.

Why keep dragging Blair into your arguments? Everybody knows what happened, nobody condones it, but for some reason you condone BJ's lies because TB did it.

I'm glad you agree. Very Happy

Politicians do politics. If you're going to quote every word they say as gospel you are in for a very disappointing and probably quite short life. "Half a million unemployed - blah, blah". Sorry, we don't talk about that stuff, I know. Forgive me.

Corbyn doesn't want an election until after 31st October because - after asking for one 50 times this year - he's been tutored by his superiors to understand that Boris will be more vulnerable and a Brexit split vote more likely then. Absolutely nothing at all to do with any "word". Naive?

The above para was Blair's idea. The man is pulling Labour's strings behind the scenes. "Dragging him in" is entirely reasonable in a comparison on the subject "lies". His though are it seems forgiven - he is after all nowadays a High Deacon of remain.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Kwacka wrote:

Funniest thing I've read in ages Laughing Laughing

Corbyn knows that outside of 'planet London' that the Labour Party will be decimated by the Brexit Party if they went to the polls now. In my area alone there's over 58,915 people that voted Leave, 66.3% of all votes, who now have a Labour MP that has used his SINGLE vote in Parliament to impose a Dictatorship like governance over all in the constituency. Believe me when I say that a lot of life-long Labour voters are seething with anger at being stabbed in the back by a turncoat like him.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

It strikes me that remain is a bit like Islam. If you convert, all previous sins are forgiven (Blair). If youíre a non believer............... Very Happy

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Mr Tibbs wrote:
It strikes me that remain is a bit like Islam. If you convert, all previous sins are forgiven (Blair). If youíre a non believer............... Very Happy

You must be good on a Pinball machine. Laughing

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
scottie

I thought that being a good liar was a pre requisite for the job of a politician ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 am Reply with quote
Hudswell

mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
journo wrote:

I actually think that Her Majesty has been around long enough and is astute enough to have seen though Boris,
and the furore surrounding the Proroging of Parliament is being stirred up by a frenzied press and those parties, MPs who would wish the UK to remain in the EU. Do you really think the Queen is not fully aware of the debacle which is Brexit? You do her no justice.

So he is Lying then.

There you go again, it must be a remainers trait, extrapolation of a meaning that suits your cause. No I donít think Boris lied, if he had then the Queen should have seen right through him.

Mercury Rising
Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
mouse

Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
journo wrote:

So he is Lying then.

There you go again, it must be a remainers trait, extrapolation of a meaning that suits your cause. No I donít think Boris lied, if he had then the Queen should have seen right through him.

Changed from would to should.

So you are not sure now. Wink

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat