Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Kennedy Ave
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
Kennedy Ave 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon
Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 477
Pictures: 0
Location: Kapparis

 
Starting a New Topic.

Instead of spending 4.5 mil on the Protaras Boardwalk who agrees it would be a good idea to upgrade Kennedy Ave and makeing it more apealing to Tourists
and residents with more entertainment and SAFETY, and just to make area more apealing for people to spend their Time and Money.

I hope you Aprove
Thanks Gerry

_________________
Gerry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Possibly you should get the property owners, bar owners to address the state of Kennedy Avenue?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7696
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Its a pity about Kennedy Avenue. The initial plan was for that to be a major tourist strip joining Kennedy Avenue in Famagusta .......................then the invasion came .
It seems to have been forgotten since then.
As far as entertainment goes as Kwacka says that surely is up to the owners of the properties there ?
I should add , when I lived there behind the Kapparas Palace it was wonderful out of season . Nothing there other than a shop and a couple of pubs along with a car hire business . Heaven , no beds on the beach , no lights on the road , absolute heaven . It was also clean lol

Forgot to say we actually had a branch of The Bank of Cyprus there


Last edited by scottie on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 1156
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
What entertainment are you suggesting? we end up going there at weekends when protaras shuts. Kennedys is OK but tends to shut early. But is Grand Slam which is always busy and open late
Is a few restaurants but Faliros is the only 1 we have been in

Is also Mello's. but not sure if new people will keep it open for winter as always looks empty. not been in there yet and everyone I know say its horrible and food and drink terrible. will still try for ourselves tho. rumours say its run by Bulgarian gypsies. no idea if true or if the Kapparis gossips exaggerating
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 1664
Pictures: 0

 
madmum wrote:
What entertainment are you suggesting? we end up going there at weekends when protaras shuts. Kennedys is OK but tends to shut early. But is Grand Slam which is always busy and open late
Is a few restaurants but Faliros is the only 1 we have been in

Is also Mello's. but not sure if new people will keep it open for winter as always looks empty. not been in there yet and everyone I know say its horrible and food and drink terrible. will still try for ourselves tho. rumours say its run by Bulgarian gypsies. no idea if true or if the Kapparis gossips exaggerating


What are Bulgarians not allowed to run a business Rolling Eyes

_________________
S.O.A.A.C. COYS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:34 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 1156
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
Blossom wrote:
madmum wrote:
What entertainment are you suggesting? we end up going there at weekends when protaras shuts. Kennedys is OK but tends to shut early. But is Grand Slam which is always busy and open late
Is a few restaurants but Faliros is the only 1 we have been in

Is also Mello's. but not sure if new people will keep it open for winter as always looks empty. not been in there yet and everyone I know say its horrible and food and drink terrible. will still try for ourselves tho. rumours say its run by Bulgarian gypsies. no idea if true or if the Kapparis gossips exaggerating


What are Bulgarians not allowed to run a business Rolling Eyes




Yes of course they are, never implied they werent. especially as have lots of Bulgarian friends i hope its successful it never seems to be a very popular bar when managed by english and cypriots in the past. I did say we will try it for a drink despite many Kapparis expats saying its terrible. think its the rumours of being gypsies is putting people off.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Kennedy Ave 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25222
Pictures: 55

 
Gerry McMahon wrote:
Instead of spending 4.5 mil on the Protaras Boardwalk who agrees it would be a good idea to upgrade Kennedy Ave and makeing it more apealing to Tourists
and residents with more entertainment and SAFETY, and just to make area more apealing for people to spend their Time and Money.


Thanks for the new topic Gerry!

My question is why should it be one or the other? There is no reason
that both things can't be done at the same time.

It's been a while since I checked but I was under the impression that
the council would be starting work on road improvements to Kennedy
Avenue/Kapparis Avenue this winter. From memory - lighting, some
pedestrianisation, pavements were to be upgraded and a budget had
been allocated.

Regards entertainment as others have mentioned that's not really in
the remit of the council but of private enterprise. Whilst it is certainly
quieter in the area in recent years, probably related to the shift in
buyers, there is often quite a bit going on.

What exactly is the entertainment you would wish to see and have
you approached bar owners in the area with your ideas??

Whilst I agree that there are issues that need addressing quickly such
as lighting, footpaths and some speed control there have in my opinion
also been improvements.

We also have to be realistic - Protaras is a major draw for tourists and
will no doubt get priority in terms of spending and attention.

I remember when the boardwalk was first announced and there were
quite a few grumbles about it going ahead in the first place. It has since
proved to be a valuable boon to the area, well used and become a
catalyst for further improvements.

We've had improvements in Protaras, Pernera upgrade has been
mainly completed and hopefully some money can be spent on the
upgrades mentioned above sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 25222
Pictures: 55

 
madmum wrote:
it never seems to be a very popular bar when managed by english and cypriots in the past.


Oh it has been popular over the years - I think (my opinion) that the problem
is that it is quite a costly bar to run.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 1156
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
madmum wrote:
it never seems to be a Kapparis very popular bar when managed by english and cypriots in the past.


Oh it has been popular over the years - I think (my opinion) that the problem
is that it is quite a costly bar to run.

Cheers

Steve


Iíve only lived here 3 years & never went to Kapparis before then. Been in there a few times & was nice. Seems to be a bar thatís busier in afternoons than evenings. Probably doesnít help it is so near to grand slam who have good entertainment at night.
Sure itís very costly to run. Heard 2 stories about costs. First was itís a ridiculously high monthly rent, then that you just pay a percentage of the takings. Would guess the high rent is more likely to be true.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kennedy Ave 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon
Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 477
Pictures: 0
Location: Kapparis

 
Yes I agree with most comments in Particular Stevs comments
other than Protares closes out of season, and I do agree it would be nice if
venue owners were to spend some money inproving the quality of there
premises and many thanks to the GRAND SLAM for laying on such good entertainment at weekends long may it continue.

_________________
Gerry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Kennedy Ave 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:32 am Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 1156
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
Gerry McMahon wrote:
Yes I agree with most comments in Particular Stevs comments
other than Protares closes out of season, and I do agree it would be nice if
venue owners were to spend some money inproving the quality of there
premises and many thanks to the GRAND SLAM for laying on such good entertainment at weekends long may it continue.



Not disagreeing but which venues do you think need improvement? We only go in Kennedyís & Grand slam. Mainly GS as have better entertainment or more like younger style music. OK Iím old but not keen on some of the older style entertainment 🙄
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kennedy Avenue 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
daveoly
Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 829
Pictures: 0
Location: south shields/ Kapparis

 
Gerry
I agree 100 percent, Kennedy avenue has been left behind in everyway, in a nut shell it is not a holiday resort as far as the council think.
Dave
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kennedy Ave 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon
Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 477
Pictures: 0
Location: Kapparis

 
Thanks for your Replies Guys I just feel the whole area need a Good Tidy up inside and out and agree this should be done by the owners and NOT TENNANTS !!!!!!!

_________________
Gerry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Kennedy Ave 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:54 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7696
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Gerry McMahon wrote:
Thanks for your Replies Guys I just feel the whole area need a Good Tidy up inside and out and agree this should be done by the owners and NOT TENNANTS !!!!!!!


I was a tenant in Kennedy when I first moved here. Lived behind the Faliros which was Kapparis Palace then.
We all chipped in with keeping the surrounding area clean and clear .
Are tenants being asked to clean up the place now then ?
I'm not really sure what it is you want to be honest .
The main people to get their finger out in, my opinion are the council. Half of the road has dirt tracks and no pavements. Another thing needing seeing to is the street lighting . Again it is very bad an non existent in some parts . No real incentive to people to get " tidied up "
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kennedy Ave 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  



  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Kennedy



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version