Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » UK Parliament to shut down today until October Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 
Post: #81   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
spanner wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
. This buffoon has to be stopped somehow and if this works it has to be for the good of the country.
Good God years ago parliament would be having all night sittings, working weekends just to sort this mess out but no , what do we have 5 weeks bloody holiday !!! The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum Twisted Evil


If your sentiment's widely shared Scottie I think the answer is to have a General Election and be done with the man. Bring on JC. However .................

I'm not going to look it up right now but have a feeling that Parliament used to get a 3 month summer break and that was the case for donkey's years. Cameron changed it I believe to 6 weeks for some reason. I stand to be corrected. So there's nothing extraordinary about the current 5 weeks. You could say it's a big improvement. Very Happy Then again, some people were happier when they disappeared for the old 3 months, or in fact think that they should get much longer away. Laughing


A long break isn't problem when nothing important is going on.


It seems to me that after 39 months of failure to agree on the subject (although managing to successfully disagree with everything) all the bitching was about the fact that they lost a few days "debate".

Small earthquake in Chile, not many dead?

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #82   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #83   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #84   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7695
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
spanner wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
. This buffoon has to be stopped somehow and if this works it has to be for the good of the country.
Good God years ago parliament would be having all night sittings, working weekends just to sort this mess out but no , what do we have 5 weeks bloody holiday !!! The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum Twisted Evil


If your sentiment's widely shared Scottie I think the answer is to have a General Election and be done with the man. Bring on JC. However .................

I'm not going to look it up right now but have a feeling that Parliament used to get a 3 month summer break and that was the case for donkey's years. Cameron changed it I believe to 6 weeks for some reason. I stand to be corrected. So there's nothing extraordinary about the current 5 weeks. You could say it's a big improvement. Very Happy Then again, some people were happier when they disappeared for the old 3 months, or in fact think that they should get much longer away. Laughing


A long break isn't problem when nothing important is going on.


It seems to me that after 39 months of failure to agree on the subject (although managing to successfully disagree with everything) all the bitching was about the fact that they lost a few days "debate".

Small earthquake in Chile, not many dead?
I of course agree with you but like most I'm so peed off with the whole fiasco just had to have a rant lol
I don't want JC either , the pair of them could be the new Laurel and Hardy Surely to God there is some way to sort this out ?
We should have left when it was voted to leave and we would be well on the road but now ? Who in this wide world will ever take us seriously again ?
Rant over. Goodnight ☺
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #85   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7695
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #86   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11261
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
scottie wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?


Well said scottie.

It seems they are trying to brush it under a carpet, hoping we won't notice and the problem will go away.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Black belt in Origami, maybe? 
Post: #87   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6631
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Fairy nuff! As long as you're happy to carry on making false assumptions!!


Your principal motivation has always been financial. You've little knowledge of and no real interest at all in the EU and its workings. Your 3 year+ campaign on this forum against Brexit originated from the disruptive effect it's had on your life - mostly the wallet bit. Despite the fact that - actually - Brexit hasn't happened yet.

These are not "false assumptions".

If Corbyn becomes PM, (as is quite possible) at the head of a neo-Marxist government, with grandiose "let's get back to the 70s" ideas then all your endless complaints about Brexit, which, like all remainers, will have helped bring about his success, could pale into insignificance compared to the consequences. I really can't wait.

Kevin.

As much as I would love to sit all day, hands hovering over the keyboard in eager anticipation of your next few sentences Mrs T, and her black belt, tend to see it from a different perspective. Wink

mouse wrote:
As I have said many times I do not like Corbyn and do not trust him either.
(how many times do I have to say that)

I did not vote first time round and would not again if given the opportunity, and yes I do accept the vote, but I disagree with the outcome, But I do reserve the right to talk and discuss the subject. As is my right in a free and Democratic society or do you disagree with that.
As I hav
Or do you think what a lot of Right winger Brexiteers think.

" We should just go quietly in to the night."

" We must obey". And not question.


1. It doesn't matter whether you like or trust Corbyn. My point is that all of the Remainers' efforts could quite possibly bring about the (largely) unintended consequence of his becoming PM.

2. If you didn't vote and could then you only have yourself to blame for the consequences.

3. Who's said that you don't have the right to talk about the subject? Confused

4. To a lot of Remainers it seems that the majority who voted to leave the EU are "extremists" or "right wingers". It's all part and parcel of the endless slagging off campaign we've had to put up with. All of which has just actually served to harden opinion.

(Do not) Go quietly (gentle) into the (that good) night is a poem by Dylan Thomas. I'm not sure how it has anything to do with this subject. It can be said with absolute certainty though that nobody could ever accuse remainers of "going quietly" (aka accepting a majority democratic national vote result). Neither could it be said that any of them have ever "accepted and obeyed". What a load of nonsense.

scottie wrote:
Looks like that is the way of things now Kevin . The I'm alright Jack attitude has taken over.
.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say there Scottie. Personally I can assure you that when it comes to this subject I am definitely not "alright Jack" and for very good reasons. I'd thought from your early on posts that you felt the same way.

mouse wrote:
Seems you are right scottie, if they can't answer a simple question they ignore it.


See above. Sometimes your "questions" are similar to Woody's.

Steve - SJD wrote:
These days nothing can be taken for granted - an appeal is to be heard on Tuesday at the English Supreme Court - which I believe has already made one ruling that it was legal in the recent case brought by Gina Miller.

What's the odds that the Scottish Court rules it unlawful and the English
Court rules it lawful - what a strange constitutional mess that would make


I believe that Miller's case was heard by the High Court in London. The Supreme court is just that, so there will be no national contradiction in their judgement on Tuesday.

Remainers of course leave no stone unturned in their pursuit of stopping Brexit. However, the idea that they'll kill it off with litigation is IMHO a pipe dream. As has been said many times - the genie's out of the bottle.

It seems that we're now governed by the judiciary and not our elected representatives, Which, given recent events, I suppose you could view as an improvement. Personally I really can't see what matters of State, involving the Government, Queen and Parliament have to do with a bunch of judges. Confused



With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Black belt in Origami, maybe? 
Post: #88   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing


Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Black belt in Origami, maybe? 
Post: #89   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:18 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6631
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing


Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?



Yes, thank you! Cool

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #90   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
mouse wrote:
scottie wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?


Well said scottie.

It seems they are trying to brush it under a carpet, hoping we won't notice and the problem will go away.


You are like one of annoying terriers, always yapping for no point. No one is trying to sweep anything under any carpet. Parliament has been suspended, will it effect anything, no because all that will happen until the October deadline is MPs will continue to squabble, that is when they are not focused on Party Conferences or appealing to the Law or its for decision that are without the permit of those courts. Parliament has been suspended, they were given the opportunity to sort this mess out by holding a GE, they refused presumably because the opposition parties know they will be trounced, instead back to the bickering. So now, the Government has an opportunity to put together a Queesn speech for a long needed State Opening of Parliament, where the Government can put its goods out on show rather than announcing peace meal sound bites. And then, with a bit of luck MPs can debate a Brexit agreement that has been put together without the interference of those that just want to remain. So yes Scottie I am real, and can actually see beyond the petty party politics being touted by Labour and the Lib Dem’s.

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Black belt in Origami, maybe? 
Post: #91   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing


Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?



Yes, thank you! Cool


Come on Tibbsy, be fair, it’s early and his “Medication” probably hasn’t kicked in yet...😉

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Such Repartee!! 
Post: #92   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6631
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
With due respect to Mrs T...………..she's not making a very good job of it!! Confused Laughing Laughing


Short, sarcastic, p*ss taking, nothing to do with the OP.



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OK?



Yes, thank you! Cool


Come on Tibbsy, be fair, it’s early and his “Medication” probably hasn’t kicked in yet...😉


There's nothing like a well thought out, intelligent, witty riposte!
And that was nothing like a............ Cool Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #93   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11261
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
scottie wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?


Well said scottie.

It seems they are trying to brush it under a carpet, hoping we won't notice and the problem will go away.


You are like one of annoying terriers, always yapping for no point. No one is trying to sweep anything under any carpet. Parliament has been suspended, will it effect anything, no because all that will happen until the October deadline is MPs will continue to squabble, that is when they are not focused on Party Conferences or appealing to the Law or its for decision that are without the permit of those courts. Parliament has been suspended, they were given the opportunity to sort this mess out by holding a GE, they refused presumably because the opposition parties know they will be trounced, instead back to the bickering. So now, the Government has an opportunity to put together a Queesn speech for a long needed State Opening of Parliament, where the Government can put its goods out on show rather than announcing peace meal sound bites. And then, with a bit of luck MPs can debate a Brexit agreement that has been put together without the interference of those that just want to remain. So yes Scottie I am real, and can actually see beyond the petty party politics being touted by Labour and the Lib Dem’s.



You just keep believing it.

The MP's should be locked in the Commons until a solution is found which is acceptable.

But please remember the UK is leaving the EU not the other way round.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Not my words, but....... 
Post: #94   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:47 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6631
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
"Brexshitters are like Trump supporters, they don't care about the truth, they would rather hear lies which support their viewpoint."
Anon.

Pretty fair assessment! Cool

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #95   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
scottie wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?


Well said scottie.

It seems they are trying to brush it under a carpet, hoping we won't notice and the problem will go away.


You are like one of annoying terriers, always yapping for no point. No one is trying to sweep anything under any carpet. Parliament has been suspended, will it effect anything, no because all that will happen until the October deadline is MPs will continue to squabble, that is when they are not focused on Party Conferences or appealing to the Law or its for decision that are without the permit of those courts. Parliament has been suspended, they were given the opportunity to sort this mess out by holding a GE, they refused presumably because the opposition parties know they will be trounced, instead back to the bickering. So now, the Government has an opportunity to put together a Queesn speech for a long needed State Opening of Parliament, where the Government can put its goods out on show rather than announcing peace meal sound bites. And then, with a bit of luck MPs can debate a Brexit agreement that has been put together without the interference of those that just want to remain. So yes Scottie I am real, and can actually see beyond the petty party politics being touted by Labour and the Lib Dem’s.



You just keep believing it.

The MP's should be locked in the Commons until a solution is found which is acceptable.

But please remember the UK is leaving the EU not the other way round.


Thankfully yes, the UK is leaving the EU, and hopefully with a deal beneficial to both parties, and a solution will not be found by locking MPs in the commons. It is the job of the negotiations team to thrash that deal out and then approved ( or rejected as been the case thus far) by the MPs. That deal is not ready for discussion in Parliament, and all that the constant bickering and whinging will do is damage, as taking no deal off the table has done, any meaningful negations will have. We are now in a situation where the EU negotiating team just sit back and smile and basically say no, because they know that, at present, the UK just cannot walk away. Now if you have ever negotiated a contract you will know that is not a position to be put in.

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Re: Not my words, but....... 
Post: #96   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
"Brexshitters are like Trump supporters, they don't care about the truth, they would rather hear lies which support their viewpoint."
Anon.

Pretty fair assessment! Cool


Anon, well that just about sums up the moral courage of those that voted to remain in the EU, no balls to put their name to anything. Just resort to petty insults and name calling, par for the course.

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Not my words, but....... 
Post: #97   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:09 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 15619
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
"Brexshitters are like Trump supporters, they don't care about the truth, they would rather hear lies which support their viewpoint."
Anon.

Pretty fair assessment! Cool


Anon, well that just about sums up the moral courage of those that voted to remain in the EU, no balls to put their name to anything. Just resort to petty insults and name calling, par for the course.


How do you know that the author didn't put their name to it?

_________________
It's not fair to apply rational analysis to my utterances - Jacob Rees-Mogg in BBC Radio 4 interview
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Not my words, but....... 
Post: #98   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
Hudswell
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1118
Pictures: 0
Location: Kato Paphos and Lincoln

 
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
"Brexshitters are like Trump supporters, they don't care about the truth, they would rather hear lies which support their viewpoint."
Anon.

Pretty fair assessment! Cool


Anon, well that just about sums up the moral courage of those that voted to remain in the EU, no balls to put their name to anything. Just resort to petty insults and name calling, par for the course.


How do you know that the author didn't put their name to it?


It’s signed off Anon....sort of led me to that conclusion.

_________________
Hudswell

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Wrong again, Huds! 
Post: #99   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 6631
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
"Brexshitters are like Trump supporters, they don't care about the truth, they would rather hear lies which support their viewpoint."
Anon.

Pretty fair assessment! Cool


Anon, well that just about sums up the moral courage of those that voted to remain in the EU, no balls to put their name to anything. Just resort to petty insults and name calling, par for the course.


How do you know that the author didn't put their name to it?


Quite correct in your assertion K Smile, the author DID put their name to it, I just omitted to make a note of it! Cool

BTW, I would suggest that anybody who truly believes the proroguing of Parliament had nothing to do with Brexit is one stop short of East Ham! Laughing
(If in doubt, I'm sure Mr T can explain!)

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #100   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 1728
Pictures: 0

 
scottie wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
By all accounts, about 4 or 5 days will be “lost” due to the “closure” of Parliament, because the parties are about to embark on Conference Season. Government can concentrate on the Queens Speech, And meanwhile our negotiating teams can get on with the business of actually negotiating a deal without the obstruction of those that are determined to remain and to undermine the process at every turn.


By all accounts, double the 4 0r 5 days closure.

The government can focus on the Queen's speech (what they tell her they intend to do in the next year) anytime they want - in effect they can copy the speech from last year or the year before - they've done very little in the past couple of years except screw things up even more than they usually do.

Wh know what the negotiations involve now, because we've been repeatedly told "We came to an agreement, any further discussion will be over minor changes to that agreement" - in other words, any complaints about 'undermining our negotiating stance' is utter rubbish.


Hudswell , get real . These are not ordinary times when things run like clockwork .
Conference my backside , the country is in crisis . Everything else should be put on the back burner and to hell with tradition. What is wrong with you people ?


Good question scottie Wink

_________________
Laugh, it may be your last day on this beautiful planet.....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
UK Parliament to shut down today until October 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 5 of 6  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Parliament #today #until #October



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version