Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:18 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi folks,

Shown below is the Operation Yellowhammer Report that was released
by the UK Govt. on 11/09/2019.

These are HMG "Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions" in the event
of a "no deal" Brexit.

Points that may affect British citizens in Cyprus are:

Page 1 - third paragraph:

"No bilateral deals have been concluded with individual member states...."

Plus point numbers: 4, 8 & 11.

Please keep any replies on topic and not a rehash of old arguments.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Pictures: 0

I see this document was printed at the beginning of August? Confused

How strange, because I'm sure that Boris Johnson told us, last month, that this was an 'old' report which had no relevance to the current situation!!

Not like ol' Boris to be economical with the truth!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, one can see now why Leadsom thought people might be "concerned" about its contents! Rolling Eyes

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 am Reply with quote
Hudswell

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

How strange, because I'm sure that Boris Johnson told us, last month, that this was an 'old' report which had no relevance to the current situation!!

Not like ol' Boris to be economical with the truth!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW, one can see now why Leadsom thought people might be "concerned" about its contents! Rolling Eyes

And exactly how,long do you think it takes to put a document of this type Together? Overnight?. “What If” planning is common in any business and it is prudent to do so, better to be prepared for the worst case rather than caught with your trousers down. But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a bit of “Boris Bashing”, sorry the operative word there being common sense...which with some seems not to apply.

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 am Reply with quote
spanner

Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

And exactly how,long do you think it takes to put a document of this type Together? Overnight?. “What If” planning is common in any business and it is prudent to do so, better to be prepared for the worst case rather than caught with your trousers down. But hey, why let common sense get in the way of a bit of “Boris Bashing”, sorry the operative word there being common sense...which with some seems not to apply.

So what should no deal Brexit planning be based on, the report they are producing now which won't be ready until next year?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
clive of payia

Is there a "Redhammer" Document on the worst case scenario of staying in the EU?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
Hudswell

An interesting comment on page 1, second paragraph, suggesting that the EU commission is not supportive of Member States coming to bi lateral agreements with the UK after Brexit.

Mercury Rising

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:17 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

It was reported this morning that the document released yesterday was dated 29th August.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:41 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Hudswell wrote:

An interesting comment on page 1, second paragraph, suggesting that the EU commission is not supportive of Member States coming to bi lateral agreements with the UK after Brexit.

The EU negotiates with other states on their members' behalf - they don't do negotiations independently.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Surely that's a contradiction of terms.

Boris and Common sense.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
TOMMYBOYWALTON

Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Please tell that to my friend whose business has just gone under!!! This debacle has been over 3 years in the making, it is easy to come on here and defend the incompetence of this government. Try keeping a business afloat when you have no idea what is going to happen, and at this moment still don`t know what is going to happen.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:00 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Very worrying time, especially for peeps who are dependent on medication that is manufactured in the EU. Glad I am not living there at the moment, although my thoughts are with family and friends who unfortunately are.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Boris and Common sense.

Oh I wasn’t applying the term to Boris...

Mercury Rising

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Anybody waded through it? Every potential result specific sentence contains “could” or “may”. It’s worst case contingency planning.

Hammond was averse to even considering no deal and notoriously reluctant to release any funds for preparation. That seems to have changed somewhat now. And of course, it looks like they could have another 3 months grace.

Haven’t there already been “riots” (public disorder)? Almost exclusively on the Remain side. Most notably in Parliament recently, which seems to have become a mad house. A bleedin’ embarrassing disgrace.

As the “threat” of Brexit looms I’d expect to see a lot more of this sort of thing. Basically an all-out assault on every aspect of it.

It seems to be a diminishing hope right now but it would be great to actually leave and if none of this (or very little) comes about witness the sort of selective memory loss and silence we’ve seen since the referendum campaign scaremongering days. Half a million unemployed - etc - etc.

Last edited by Mr Tibbs on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

sugarray1955 wrote:
Very worrying time, especially for peeps who are dependent on medication that is manufactured in the EU. Glad I am not living there at the moment, although my thoughts are with family and friends who unfortunately are.

Well I am living here and I have absolutely no concerns, despite the best efforts of the scaremongers who are determined to spread fear and discord. Fail to plan, pan to fail...the Government is planning.

Mercury Rising
Re: Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

Kwacka wrote:
Hudswell wrote:

The EU negotiates with other states on their members' behalf - they don't do negotiations independently.

And your “beliefs” have just summed up why the UK wishes to leave the UK, well done. And point of order, Member states are permitted to strike bilateral agreements, Cyprus just concluded one with the UK in regard to tax arrangements, remember?

Mercury Rising

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

spanner wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

So what should no deal Brexit planning be based on, the report they are producing now which won't be ready until next year?

That’s what “What If” Scenario planning is all about, thinking about what if this or that happens, thinking outside of the box...it is common practice, in Government, in Business, in the Armed Forces, forward planning.

Mercury Rising

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

Kwacka wrote:
It was reported this morning that the document released yesterday was dated 29th August.

The assumptions made in the document are stated “as at” 2 August. Again how long do you think it takes to prepare a document like this? The actual publication date is almost irrelevant.

Mercury Rising

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

TOMMYBOYWALTON wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Please tell that to my friend whose business has just gone under!!! This debacle has been over 3 years in the making, it is easy to come on here and defend the incompetence of this government. Try keeping a business afloat when you have no idea what is going to happen, and at this moment still don`t know what is going to happen.

I have no idea of your friends circumstances, or that of his business, but Brexit is becoming a common scapegoat.

Mercury Rising

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Boris and Common sense.

At Last you admit Boris has not got any common sense.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Hudswell wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:

Boris and Common sense.

At Last you admit Boris has not got any common sense.

You can rad can’t you? 🙄

Mercury Rising
Operation Yellowhammer Report - Details 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat