Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » How times change
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
How times change 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11264
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
What's changed.

The Lib Dems still want to stay in Europe.

Labour and Cons, still don't know what they want.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 am Reply with quote
PatCon
Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 1787
Pictures: 0
Location: Oroklini

 
The Lib Dems are quite right. Do you really think that those who voted for Brexit all those years ago knew what it entailed? Did they consider the N. Ireland problem, the foreign companies in the UK who would leave and put thousands out of work? False promises of big trade deals with non-EU countries which will never happen?

_________________
"He who is satisfied is well served" - Merchant of Venice
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:54 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Kevin.

I think you miss the point again. There’s the LDs calling for a full national referendum on EU membership, long before Cameron. “It’s vital that the British people have a say in a real EU referendum”. Cameron wanted to stay as well.

Contrast that with their stance now. We’ve had the referendum and their policy is to bin the result and stay. That sounds a tiny bit hypocritical to me.

Labour are telling people on both sides what they think they want to hear. At the moment, after the May disaster, the Conservative’s views, agree with them or not, seem clear to me.

Patcon.

I knew what leaving meant and it was explained by the PM, no less, prior to June 23rd 2016. You can find it in the “Broken promises” video I posted.

During the referendum campaign Cameron, Osborne and some of their big guns were saying that a Leave vote would result in half a million job losses. In fact since, employment has been at its highest level in decades. It was a lie. Now its still supposed to happen but instead after leaving. Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me.

According to some The City of London would have moved to Frankfurt/Paris/Dublin long ago.

The EU commission alone negotiates trade deals for members. They’ve not been too good at it. That remains the case for the UK whilst still a member. What false promises of trade deals are you talking about?

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am Reply with quote
J B
Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 1380
Pictures: 0
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SRhXktnj4wxidnJ37

Sorry - is there a decent image hosting website any more?

_________________
J B
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
J B wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SRhXktnj4wxidnJ37

Sorry - is there a decent image hosting website any more?





Using the forum one.

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:33 am Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11264
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Kevin.

I think you miss the point again. There’s the LDs calling for a full national referendum on EU membership, long before Cameron. “It’s vital that the British people have a say in a real EU referendum”. Cameron wanted to stay as well.

Contrast that with their stance now. We’ve had the referendum and their policy is to bin the result and stay. That sounds a tiny bit hypocritical to me.

Labour are telling people on both sides what they think they want to hear. At the moment, after the May disaster, the Conservative’s views, agree with them or not, seem clear to me.

Patcon.

I knew what leaving meant and it was explained by the PM, no less, prior to June 23rd 2016. You can find it in the “Broken promises” video I posted.

During the referendum campaign Cameron, Osborne and some of their big guns were saying that a Leave vote would result in half a million job losses. In fact since, employment has been at its highest level in decades. It was a lie. Now its still supposed to happen but instead after leaving. Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me.

According to some The City of London would have moved to Frankfurt/Paris/Dublin long ago.

The EU commission alone negotiates trade deals for members. They’ve not been too good at it. That remains the case for the UK whilst still a member. What false promises of trade deals are you talking about?



Not really.

As you have said it is an old poster.



If you vote Labour in one election and then vote Tory in the next does that make you a hypocrite.
Or have you changed your mind and views.

Democracy, the ability and freedom to change your mind. Question

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 11070
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
mouse wrote:
If you vote Labour in one election and then vote Tory in the next does that make you a hypocrite.
Or have you changed your mind and views.

Democracy, the ability and freedom to change your mind. Question


But the Liberals haven't changed their mind. They were the most pro-European party then and still are.

The hypocrisy comes in the fact that they were the first to call for a national referendum and now we've actually had one they are to ignore the outcome, because, just like the rest of the Remainers, it produced the "wrong" result for them.

That isn't democracy, it's betrayal.

_________________
I always read my Wife's horoscope. To see what kind of day I'm going to have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

How times change 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  



  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #times #change



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version